IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Posts related to rifles.
sudesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Post by sudesh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 am

Dear all ,
I have been frequently receiving PMs. ''Why you sold your IOF 30-06? Is there any problem ?''
I have no issues with the accuracy of IOF 30-06,
It is highly accurate.(If the barrel is properly crowned)

My problem is with the poor workmanship.
1. The bolt in my 30-06 was very very hard to cock.(Dont know whether it's same in other guns )
2. Poor Aluminium alloy receiver. (It was getting shaved by cocking - de cocking )
3. Poor powder coating.
4. Poor quality stock.
5. Poor quality magazine.

IOF 30-06 is a copy of Sauer 202. but only on papers....

It was my mistake to buy this gun, which I rectified by selling it... :wink:
Unnecessarily I waisted 2 whole pages of my Arms License :mrgreen:

I do not understand why IOF is making such poor quality guns.
IOF 30-06 is a compromise, nothing else.

And when I visited ADIHEX HUNTING EXHIBITION, I was glad that I sold my IOF 30-06.

The pictures says it all. :)

:cheers:

Sudesh

The another meaning of FREEDOM is ''NOTHING LEFT FOR YOU.''
लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
बाऩध साफा जब गबरू तयार होते.....
देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके.....
और कहते
"काश हम भी जाट होते"......
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep."

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Post by MoA » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 am

The IOF .30-06 isnt a compromise.

It is a result of our collective 'Chalta Hai' attitude.

I could mass produce a better rifle in my basement. A real shame is the .315 what on earth is that?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 am

sudesh wrote: problem is with the poor workmanship.
1. The bolt in my 30-06 was very very hard to cock.(Dont know whether it's same in other guns )
2. Poor Aluminium alloy receiver. (It was getting shaved by cocking - de cocking )
3. Poor powder coating.
4. Poor quality stock.
5. Poor quality magazine.

IOF 30-06 is a copy of Sauer 202. but only on papers....

I do not understand why IOF is making such poor quality guns.
IOF 30-06 is a compromise, nothing else.
I see your point Sudesh, I know of at least three people who bought and sold the IOF 30.06 within a short span of time. One of my close friends bought it , in addition to the points you mentioned he also had a problem with feeding and chambering the ammo in that particular firearm. Sold it pronto . He didn't want it 'tweaked' by a gunsmith .

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Sudesh,.
why dont you approach the CONSUMER FORUM of your area and file a complaint for deficiency of product or sub standard product, these IOF guys need to be taught a lesson . They fleece the poor ''captive customer ''Moreover IOF does not give full detailed info about its civilian products like exploded or parts drawing s etc. and the sale conditions are draconian. It is a voilation of MRTP act.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 pm

sudesh wrote:IOF 30-06 is a compromise, nothing else.
As is everything else in life.Otherwise everybody would be driving a Ferrari and have ............. or a carbon copy (fill in the blank with the actress/model who rocks your boat) draped on his arm.

I wonder how many people can afford a $1000 and up stock blank even in Germany?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:42 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
sudesh wrote:IOF 30-06 is a compromise, nothing else.
winnie_the_pooh wrote:As is everything else in life.Otherwise everybody would be driving a Ferrari and have ............. or a carbon copy (fill in the blank with the actress/model who rocks your boat) draped on his arm.
Winnie, I guess eventually all this would boil down to choosing between making a big compromise or a small one . I personally would fill in that blank with (a younger) J Lo , but I guess a plain Jane draped on ones arm would be more welcome than "Gertie the Beast" ! So if a reasonably priced IOF 30.06 rifle with better workmanship and material quality was available, I guess the buyers would have less to complain about ........ a plain Jane small compromise like the IOF .22lr rifle perhaps ?

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

pratapvarma31
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pratapvarma31 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi friends i agree with u-i have seen both 315 and 30-06 iof - anyways they r selling in the market for around 55 and 150 Approx - why iof people r so reluctant in spending some more money on good stock say a wallnut stock and with good bluing - how much difference will it make, when people r there to spend that extra money,anyways they r getting these things done with local gunsmiths,why cany iof do this.. i hope n wish they do these changes in the future.. :D

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:50 pm

@veeveeaar
A good point. We need to examine some finer points of law. One website says Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969 (“the MRTP Act”) stands repealed and is replaced by the Competition Act, 2002, with effect from September 1, 2009. Reference: http://taxguru.in/government-policy/mrt ... -2009.html
Another website says The Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969 (MRTP Act) will cease to be in force from 2011 and will be replaced by the Competition Act, 2002. Reference: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/hyderaba ... d-2011-320

@pratapvarma31
Your question is dwelling in the realm of morality. Businesses are not driven by the motive for morality, but by the motive for profit. Every business wants to make "the maximum" profit. Quality and Price is not controlled by morality but by competition. There is no competition in arms market in India, imports are restricted and the market is monopolized by IOF. The results are expected unless the factors influencing the quality and price are allowed to play their role. The main culprit in this case is not IOF but the government. See the case of BSNL, when there was no competition there used to be a time when waiting list used to run into years. People used to book the telephone connection and had to wait for couple of years to get telephone installed at their premises, just like IOF Ashani. Entire scene changed with entry of private players in the market.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:37 am

MRTP, in whatever form, does not apply to the IOFB

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 pm

MRTP, in whatever form, does not apply to the IOFB
Can you please elaborate the finer points, is it because IOFB is a government organization or because of some other reasons?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm

<watch this space>
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 pm

somebody has to bell the cat !. why dont the people at NRAI just dont comment on any thing ? Are they a HOUSE OF LORDS ! and others dogs. Is it that they get import quotas and so they are not bothered about the common guy ? I have never seen any comment or suggestion / review about OFB products by them. Even NAGRI should LOOK into the matter. WHen we can make world class satelites and missiles , why is not possible about a 850 grm piece of iron. As a mechanical engineer and having seen all the infrastructure at FGF Kanpur , I think this may also be a HUGE SCAM, by some IOF board guys

sudesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sudesh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am

Well said veeveeaar!!
I guess your last line is very correct.

S..........
लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
बाऩध साफा जब गबरू तयार होते.....
देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके.....
और कहते
"काश हम भी जाट होते"......
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep."

abbas raza
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abbas raza » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:35 pm

dear friend where did u done this beautiful job on .30-06..kindly tell me ..cause i have also iof .30-06.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi Sudesh,

IOF 30-06 and other models are a poor replica of foreign brands. Their quality is of products like Rs 99 store (dollar store or 2 dirham store). A lot of gun enthusiast and people using for self defense has to compromise on their safety.

ADIHEX is one good opportunity for UAE people to see, feel and educate guns. I was there to with 2 of my friends, pics are posted in IFG.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”