IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Posts related to rifles.
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF 30-06 is a Compromise!!!!

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 pm

i have an iof 3006.its shoots straight .a good gunsmith can make it look and work like any other 3006 available.it is a compromise but happpy to own it
regards
dr.jk

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Dr. Jk,

What all have you got done to make it better??

Atul

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:32 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Dr. Jk,

What all have you got done to make it better??

Atul
Dear Atul
what do you want to shoot better.if you problem in bolt being too tight.you can make it butter smooth by

EDITED!

regards ashok

The process of "fixing" a bolt action rifle described in this post is highly dangerous and should only be performed by a person with the proper gunsmithing knowledge and with the proper specialized tools used for this type of work. Advising someone to do this is not something that is approved of here at IFG and would be foolish for anyone without the proper knowledge of what they are doing and the proper tools to perform. This post is left up in the thread as a warning for anyone who may have read it. - moderator

ekalavya
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Manufacturing quality of the IOF 30-06??

Post by ekalavya » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 am

Dear All,
Those who intent to purchase the latest version of the IOF manufactured 30-06 Rifles try the mechanism or if possible test fire them on a range with 2 or 3 types of Ammo before proceeding to purchase
one.
Sincerely,
Ekalavya.
Last edited by ekalavya on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekalavya
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ekalavya » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 am

Before this incident took place i was called by the local arms dealer who complained that the new rifles had problems in loading cartridges and the bolt was not closing fully, i suggested that he write to the Manufacturer or take the advice of a competent gun smith. The weapon that the person got killed was from the same batch of weapons he received.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:07 am

I well oiled it.had a butt cover.,fixed the scope removed the sights.a leather sling...and will blue the gun soon.otherwise mechanism is not crispy,but wont meddle with it.if i do ill let you all know.
regards
dr.jk

TariqPathan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TariqPathan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:15 am

What r the current prices of .30-06 ammo. Both Indian and foreign and also suggest where to buy from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Somal » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Sudesh

What brand riffle ur holding in ur hands Is Iof 30.06 or some imported one

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Guys,
Nothing is really that wrong with this rifle ,even sauer 202 comes with an aluminum action,we work on these rifles extensively and after that they are delight to shoot and hold.couple of people here in IFG got these done up.you guys can view the link as well.(BTW the pictures are not taken professionally but they do represent the rifle quite nicely).
we even offer these rifles with new precision, custom designed components on CAD which are optimized using CAE analysis and motion simulation studies and then are precision CNC machined. current offerings: Steel bolts, optimized action and Custom set trigger configurations and many more customised options of your choice with high end walnut stocks and fore-ends.
FOR PICS GO TO:

thanks
[email protected]

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:47 am

bobbysidhu wrote:Hi Guys,
Nothing is really that wrong with this rifle ,even sauer 202 comes with an aluminum action,we work on these rifles extensively and after that they are delight to shoot and hold.couple of people here in IFG got these done up.you guys can view the link as well.(BTW the pictures are not taken professionally but they do represent the rifle quite nicely).
we even offer these rifles with new precision, custom designed components on CAD which are optimized using CAE analysis and motion simulation studies and then are precision CNC machined. current offerings: Steel bolts, optimized action and Custom set trigger configurations and many more customised options of your choice with high end walnut stocks and fore-ends.
FOR PICS GO TO:

thanks
[email protected]
Very nice collection of stock you have there. Do you have a web site where one can order stuff online?

Atul

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 am

Atul,
At the moment we do not have a website, but will have one soon. We offer only customised solutions for the products. Even if we offer machined and finished gunstocks for rifles they won't fit the IOF rifles that precisely as most of the rifles are not that precision machined that they accept stock interchangeability.
Thanks

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:07 pm

hi Bobby , good to have you back, not seen you for long while. do share more input on the 3006
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

TariqPathan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TariqPathan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:08 pm

I have an IOF .30-06. Fantastic weapon. Feels great when you shoot. But again, the woodwork and the bluing makes it feel like a hayabusa engine on a Bajaj rickshaw. I want to get those done before I start showing off. I used just 4 S&B 180 gr rounds and the woodwork started wobbling. Please advise [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:16 pm

You have good sense of humour, hayabusa on a :lol:
Wow great!!!

Added in 6 minutes 5 seconds:
Tariq, it feels and shoots good if it is on Sauer lines , however due to poor workmanship it falls well below general manufacturing standards. You will definately have to get the stock and other items replaced and worked upon in case if you are looking forward to shoot with a good piece.
Cheers

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:44 pm

bobbysidhu wrote:Atul,
At the moment we do not have a website, but will have one soon. We offer only customised solutions for the products. Even if we offer machined and finished gunstocks for rifles they won't fit the IOF rifles that precisely as most of the rifles are not that precision machined that they accept stock interchangeability.
Thanks
I wasn't referring to major parts like stock etc that I would not like to try on my own. In fact I was trying to contact you through the 'yellow pages section' a few months ago. I wanted revolver grips, slings with cartridge holder etc.
Since I could not get through to you I picked up the stuff locally. Also as my license is for Haryana only bringing guns to Punjab would be another headache. Therefore, your web site is required.

Atul