The black rifle has arrived

Posts related to rifles.
dfritz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: The black rifle has arrived

Post by dfritz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 am

Yeah I am more into ww2 firearms, but with the AR I love puling the trigger 30 times and hearing bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Cheers!
Doug

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:04 am

Naren,

Congratulations. That is a beautiful looking rifle. Loads of fun to be had. Guess, with proper sighting-in, you should be able to shoot less than 2" groups at 100 yards.

Good shooting-

Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:39 am

I just realized that my mention of 'shooting at clays' could be easily thought of as shooting at clays that are in mid - air, like trap, skeet, sporting clays, etc. But thats not what i meant, let me explain.

We have an outdoor rifle range which has 3 berms, at 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards.

These berms are made of densely packed mud and rock and are like little hills. Targets/target holders are placed in front of these berms so that the bullets that hit the targets and pass through them, get lodged in these berms. So essentially these berms work as backstops which are commonly seen in indoor ranges.

When I said that we shoot at clays, I didn't mean flying clays, my apologies for the confusion. What I meant was that we set the clays along the berm in place of the metal or paper targets and shoot at clays instead of paper. The clays are stationary, the only difference being that clays break/explode and are more fun than shooting at paper.

Our club is pretty strict about what one can shoot at. Human silhouettes aren't allowed, neither are glass bottles. But clays are an exception since the clay mixes with the mud over time.

thanks,
Naren

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:32 am

Naren,

Thanks much for the clarification. Sets an example for responsible shooting.Nothing less is expected of you. Must be great fun plinking clays with a rifle.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Got a tactical sling, a fore-grip, and an EOtech Red dot sight for the AR, Expect pics soon.

:)
N

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:03 am

The red dot sight will improve the groups at 100 yards.

What is the report on Remington - Premier Accutip AMmo.

Have any IFG members from England / USA tried thiese cartridges ?

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:49 am

Shahid,
I have been using Wolf and American Eagle .223 for some time now, cheap and does well for non-serious target practice and fun.

I do plan on getting some good stuff to sight it in with, now that I'll be using the Red dot sight, and I might just get the Remington Accutip .223.

-N

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:58 am

Naren,

Good to see you back. BTW a very good young friend of mine has just got engaged to a very pretty New York city girl whose father owns a substantial upstate NY property that he keeps only for hunting. Since his daughter and his future son in law both don;t hunt, my friend has been suggesting to the older gentleman that he has enthusiastic friends who are keen hunters and that his future father in law should invite me and some friends to hunt with him and leave him and his bride to be alone.

Perhaps, we should have a get together sometime later this year so you East Coast guys could join and get some hunting with the Midwestern IFG boys, or, just some shooting if hunting is not possible. I need to find out what upstate New York laws are for non residents, but, if possible, let's get some hunting with you guys. I know Navdeep would be certain to join and Inder should be back in a few months. We Midwesterners are always ready to shoot/hunt and we would also do my friend a favour by helping him get away with the lady while we keep the senior gentleman happy, hunting with him. Unfortunately, Grumpy will not be in the US this year, a sad thing as he usually spends his summers in NYC.

Let's plan something - I could call you and we could work this out.

Cheers!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:18 am

Welcome back Naren..its been a while..

Mehul

upstate NYC would be a great place..maybe Grumpy could be made to change his mind..

Cheers

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:30 am

Navdeep,

Will try to find out. I'll also try to find out what new restrictions Bloomberg and Schumer's bully boys have concocted - a very important factor in shooting in your home state. I'll talk to my friend tomorrow and call you after talking to him. Hopefully, we'll have a get together very, very soon. I am not sure that Grumpy would make it this year - he'll tell you mroe about the pleasant events awaiting him - yes, there are things that are more pleasant than shooting. Now, before anyone realises what I just said, let me run! :lol:

Cheers!

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:29 am

If an event in the NY area is planned, I will DEFINITELY join. And I will also see if I can tag Doug along.

Just tell us when and where.

-Naren

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:58 am

Naren,

Good news indeed! I am sure that DOug would also feel very welcome. We would be most happy to meet all the friends who could make it!

Will work on this and be in touch with you gentlemen.

Cheers!

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 am

As promised,

Click on pictures to enlarge.

EOTECH 512.A65 Holographic sight

Tactical Sling

Tactical fore-grip

N

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:59 pm

I expected the EOTECHs to be parallax free.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Naren,
congrats on the black rifle.here's wishing you many hours of fun with it.
I saw a shorter barreled version carried by a sec guard in Karachi in Dec06.Most of the sec guards were carrying ak series + star handguns, didnt mind me taking a coupla snaps, but this guy looked a bit too intimidating. I didnt take a chance asking him, in case he was a hopped up dopehead or something!
Nice sling, whats the brand?
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."