Need Advice Stripping my Buckmark .22 Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Need Advice Stripping my Buckmark .22 Pistol

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 am

I have a buckmark .22 pistol and it was bought under trying circumstances had few hours left on my purchase permit so the pistol even though close too NIB condition wasnt brand new . Well long story short I have fired about 100 odd bullets ( cheap and expensive quality ammo) very finicky towards ammo. Back to the pistol was cleaning it and fond that the 'Rear Sight which sits on the sight Bridge top of pistol is loose ( refer the picture below). This top assembly is held by two hexa nuts to the main body. Now per the literature ( manual pdf) there should be a allen wrench thingy. per the literature "The Buck Mark is quite easy to strip, requiring primarily the 3/32" hex wrench provided", I wasnt provided one in the box it wasnt the best of the gun shop I bought it from. So my questions are (A) Which kind of driver set should I purchase for this hexa nuts because even the chap recommends buying proper tools rather than using the allen wrench, also these hex nuts on my slide bridge look worn out ? (B) Recommendation cleaning kit for .22 Barrel / gun ( C ) Any other tips on maintaining this gun.

Buckmark.png
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Need Advice Stripping my Buckmark .22 Pistol

Post by Vikram » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 am

Congratulations,Navi, on an excellent shooter. :cheers: Sorry, cannot help with the tool kit.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:35 pm

well done,

one tip i always give when striping something for the first time, is to take pics of each stage that helps if things go wrong.

the set shown in the vid should cost around $20 go for that as it has multi uses. any hard ware shop should have this.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Navi, for the "Wheeler Deluxe Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set" as pictured in the video, search for Item Number: 9IS-229578 on www.cabelas.com should turn up for $79.99 in stead of their regular price of $99.99 The guys at Natchez are offering the same set for $86.69 - http://tinyurl.com/2belumw - they usually also charge slightly higher shipping than Cabela's but both are by and large good online stores to deal with.

If you'd care to pick one up, the Wheeler Torque fat wrench is also on sale on Cabelas Item Number: 9IS-229551 going for $39.99 (ten bucks off the regular).

Haven't tried searching at Brownell's yet, but that is another place to check out for such equipment. They should also have all required replacement nuts/ screws for your pistol. If you register online on their website by creating an account (free of cost), they usually give you a discount on the listed prices, which gets reflected in your final order. Good chaps to deal with

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Guys

Thanks and Abhijeet shall look into those tools. I am pretty sure I will need to order the hex nuts and there is flange thing. Then had to clean the barrel so made a cleaning rod out of hanger. Hoping to take it to a range rip soon. Will post pictures of is soon.

Best