'Laser mounted pistols'

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
raj.chaudhuri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

'Laser mounted pistols'

Post by raj.chaudhuri » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi friends,

Please let me know whether 'LASER MOUNTED PISTOLS' are legal in India or not.

With warm regards...

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 'Laser mounted pistols'

Post by MoA » Sun May 02, 2010 11:27 pm

You do know the Laser requires a rail.. and needs to be caliberated to the POA. Which would take more than the year's quota in Ammo in India.
Plus they are finicky and eat batterires like the original walkman.

raj.chaudhuri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by raj.chaudhuri » Mon May 03, 2010 1:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I didn't mean the rail mounted LASERs. I was thinking about the CRIMSON TRACE LASERGRIPS. Power source is two CR2032 LITHIUM BATTERIES and they have approximately 4 hours of on-time use.I can tell they are excellent - once windage and elevation adjusted.But are they legal for civilian use in India ?

Thanks in anticipation.

With warm regards...

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon May 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Raj,
I dont see why not. However I do not know much about the Indian laws. Maybe one of the more knowledgable folks will chime in. :cheers:

abukamoon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abukamoon » Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 pm

I don't know Indian law looks at laser grips. I can tell you that Crimson Trace laser grips are a very practical accessory. If you were ever in a situation where you had to defend yourself, it most likely would be in the dark. Probably you couldn't see your sights.

With the laser, you do not even have to be looking through the sights. And, the sight of the laser on your attacker might stop the attack without a shot fired!

The Crimson Trace grips adjust with two tiny allen screws - one for windage and one for elevation. An allen wrench is included with the grips.

The factory claims that the laser is pretty close to POA, but it doesn't take that many rounds to sight in. If your iron sights are on, just adjust the laser until it intersects your POA with the iron sights.

raj.chaudhuri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by raj.chaudhuri » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 am

Appreciate your feedback Abukamoon. Thanks.
With warm regards...

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 am

I don't think that any other sighting arrangement can beat the Crimson Trace for defensive handguns. Nothing could be faster. Sighting in is easy, no shots required if your pistol is sighted in to begin with. Just align the red dot with your sights, and you are on. And just seeing the red dot on ones' chest can bring an immediate change of attitude. Not cheap, by any means. But if I felt seriously threatened, I'd have one on every handgun I plan to carry. Cheers.

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Wed May 12, 2010 6:31 pm

laser sight or any optical sight or riflescope are banned for civilians .my uncle who is an IPS officer told that riflescope /laser sight are restricted for civilians use if anybody found they will punished under arms act rule

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 am

laser sight or any optical sight or riflescope are banned for civilians .my uncle who is an IPS officer told that riflescope /laser sight are restricted for civilians use if anybody found they will punished under arms act rule
Rifle scopes are banned in India? Since when? There are plenty of members here who use rifle scopes.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Thu May 13, 2010 4:10 pm

arms dealer illegaly sell riflescope in india .if any DM /SP/COMMISONER know that you own riflescope you will be in troble especially in UP. my information is quite right regarding rifle scope. i have contact UP HOME minister departement and special secetary (HOME departement) is friend of my father .he told me that scope of any type is banned for civilians .

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

friends, i really didn't know about this.but i have my rifle mounted with a scope bought from an armoury.!!i haven't found any law against scopes so far. :shock:

axe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by axe » Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm

I knew "silencers" were banned.

Have No idea about scopes n laser sights.
A number of old time Shikari's (specially those hunting high altitude game in the Himalayas) regularly used scopes. If they were legal then .....There is no reason why they should be banned now.
This is an interesting Post.
Waiting to read more comments.

-- Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 pm --

Dear Carbine,
If scopes are banned in U.P. , then I assume they are banned in all the other states as well.

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Fri May 14, 2010 9:42 am

my maternal uncle who is senier congress leader in UP own .30-06 springfield rifle with scope.during election time his weapon was seized because of riflescope by district administration.he was booked under arms act rule.only thing i want to say that the court would not hear your plea that you dont know about arms act or items banned by Goverment for civilian use.RIFLESCOPE ,SILENCER ,PB WEAPONS, shoul not be keep unless you have valid goverment permit .i have seen many I.A.S OR I.P.S officer who used to have (.22lr semiauto rifle and .30M1 GARAND OR SEMIAUTO 12 BORE SHOTGUN)were forced to surrender their weapons because they dont have valid PB license

joydeepm
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by joydeepm » Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

I have found nothing - absolutely nothing in the current set of rules which prohibits laser sights .

The point is a little different . crimson trace does not make laser grips for Indian handguns . If you have an imported one , I guess it could work . Lasers also do not work under many situations . I initiated this question once and there are many knowledgeable responses . You may care to look up :

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7628
:cheers:
If you want to shoot , shoot . Don't talk .....