IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF to launch new .22 revolver

Post by TC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 pm

I got the information from A T Daw and Co, one of the oldest dealers in the country. They always receive the first batch of IOF products sold through dealers. They said they are going to get the first batch of the all-steel .22 as well. They even advised me to hold my decision to buy another .22 till I see this one.
So far checking with the factory goes I am already doing it discreetly. Unfortunately one of the works managers (guys who really know about production schedules) I knew has been transferred. Will keep you posted.
So far red tape goes, I dont think the factory will have to go through much trouble to get a clearance for production since it is just another version of the same revolver. They wont need new milling machines or dies.
As far as waiting goes, It is anybody's guess. The dealer told me four months. It may become six or ....
After all they will have to clear the old stock of alloy models first if they dont plan to keep both models in production.

So long
TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:11 pm

Great.... Brother, thanks...

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:54 pm

Thanks Bhai log.........
Anupam";p="8724 wrote: Great.... Brother, thanks...
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:51 am

SOME MORE INFORMATION

On 18th December, i.e. exactly ten days ago, IOF Ishapore officials had invited several gun dealers to test fire the new .22 all-steel model. They were asked to feel and weapon, fire as many rounds they wanted to and give their opinion. This afternnoon I talked to the owner of another gun shop (Not A T Daw) who had fired the revolver.
This is what he had to say : "It looks exactly the same as the alloy model. But quite heavy. If the alloy model was too light then this one is too heavy compared to similar models made my Smith and Colt".

The dealers also got the opportunity to test fire the new 30.06 rifle.

They were not given any indication of price but were told that the final prototypes are ready for production... rest was all blah blah about rules and regulations...But this where it transpired during conversation that IOF plans to hit the market with this revolver in 4/6 months.

Gentlemen, this is what I have got in just 24 hours from my contacts. I am suure those of you who have close relatives working for IOF can get more details.....
That might help the forum

So long

TC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:45 pm

gr8 info dear!!!!!!!Waiting eagerly for the launch as i am a .22 lover,presently i own a alloy version (bought it just to cover my Lics. after selling my High Standard)Please keep on posting the updates regarding this issue..
Thanks
badshah0522";p="8728 wrote: Thanks Bhai log.........
Anupam";p="8724 wrote: Great.... Brother, thanks...
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:50 pm

Dear TC!!!!One more query,,can you ask that gentleman(shop owner) who test fired the wepon regarding the ejection??I guess that in steel version there may be no problem in ejecting IOF shells.
Plz do reply,
Thanx a lot,
Badshah
TC";p="8738 wrote: SOME MORE INFORMATION

On 18th December, i.e. exactly ten days ago, IOF Ishapore officials had invited several gun dealers to test fire the new .22 all-steel model. They were asked to feel and weapon, fire as many rounds they wanted to and give their opinion. This afternnoon I talked to the owner of another gun shop (Not A T Daw) who had fired the revolver.
This is what he had to say : "It looks exactly the same as the alloy model. But quite heavy. If the alloy model was too light then this one is too heavy compared to similar models made my Smith and Colt".

The dealers also got the opportunity to test fire the new 30.06 rifle.

They were not given any indication of price but were told that the final prototypes are ready for production... rest was all blah blah about rules and regulations...But this where it transpired during conversation that IOF plans to hit the market with this revolver in 4/6 months.

Gentlemen, this is what I have got in just 24 hours from my contacts. I am suure those of you who have close relatives working for IOF can get more details.....
That might help the forum

So long

TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:18 pm

Badshah, the gentleman said he did not have any problem in ejection. But I will double check and let you know. But not before 2nd January.

Do you have the five year locking period for the revolver? In that case you wont be able to replace it. This is what one of my friends did. I gave the idea and it worked out. He is in Lucknow.
He had the IOF .32 pistol and got a brand new .32 Llama for just 50 thousand bucks !!!!
He filed an application at the DM's office that he was going through a severe financial criss and needed to sell the weapon. He also filed an affidavit on a 10 rupee stamp paper to back up his application.
The DM granted a sale order. He sold the IOF to a dealer and after three months bought the Llama on the same licence.

Happy New Year

TC

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi TC,
Looking for a handgun for the wife-This 22, if its all steel, maybe ok, loaded with stingers or other hi vel stuff, provided it can keep some in the black at 15M and doesent go the way of its 'cousins' wearing the IOFB colours...Thanks for the info and keep us posted,God Bless and have a great year
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:36 pm

Hi eljefe, till now the IOF Ishapore plans to keep the new.22 in Black (blued !!! ie) or matt black like the alloy model. Will keep you posted. I also plan to get one for my wife..... I will do the shooting i.e.

Happy New Year. May the year bring more good news for guys like us.

TC

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:36 pm

TC-
Actually, want this one for the wife...I have a ppk/s in 22 and it'll be easier on the ammo, though I dont use the hi vel stuff in the ppk/s -have a broken safety catch as proof!
PM for you.
Best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Always wanted a .22 walther PPK. MY DREAM WEAPON.
While PPs are more common in India PPKs are hard to come by. You are lucky my friend.
Hearing for the first time the safety broke because of recoil. At least the German ones, even the old models, are known to take all ammos with ease.
A friend has a TPH (German). He have fired stingers at random. Never had a problem.

So long

TC
Last edited by TC on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:46 pm

heavy diet of stingers at one time...;)

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Cant blame the poor fella in that case !!!!

Cheers

TC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:28 am

Hi TC!!!!!!!

Any further news regarding the revolver from the factory..Did they declared any date for its launch?????Plz do update its progress & also IOF .30-06 rifle..
Thanks,
Badshah

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:26 am

Hi Badshah, no one in IOF here is willing to comment on commercial production of the revolver as the matter is now lying with the Ministry of Defence Production and Supplies. Same goes for the 30-o6 rifle. The final prototype of the rifle is also ready according to my information. I am told it resembles the Brno big bores by almost 80 per cent.
Thats all I have for now.

TC