IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF .22 revolver

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 pm

I now remember that when i booked a IOF.22 revolver three years ago ,the amount was sent bact stating that
"" Due to re- engineering of the said revolver, we are returning your money. Please wait till IOF advertises in the news papers and place your orders. Sd,,, ..........Asst works manager ""
If you people are still deliberating about the ALL ALUMINIUM revolver, I think they are yet to exhaust their surplus and only after that will they advertise about the ALL STEEL model to the public.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

IOF .22 revolver

Post by nm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:59 pm

The Doc wrote:
nm wrote:Brand new 2011 batch IOF .22 revolvers are available with a dealer in Delhi, that too at controlled rates (around INR 42 K).NM
Same old stuff or have they made any positive changes ? What happened to the rumour about the all steel cylinder/frame IOF .22 revolver ?

best,
Rp.
Same old aluminium one....
Very difficult to change their perception :(

NM

indigo_indo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by indigo_indo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:44 pm

old and stubborn habits die long after the death of prophecy itself...
If you want peace ; you have to be prepared for war.....

sunildelta4
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunildelta4 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Hey Guys...Then the verdict is to stay away from the IOF .22 Revolver but okay to go in for the .22 rifle or the .32 revolver. Please advise

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm

You cannot fire high velocity .22 lr cartridges through this aluminum bodied .22 IOF revolver. The aluminum chamber will burst. If you can get chamber of .22 IOF revolver made in steel from a good gunsmith that should solve the problem. But it will cost you money. Other than this aluminum bodied IOF .22 revolver other products of IOF are comparatively better. But still there is a lot of room for improvement in all of IOF products.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi friends,

I remember posting on this thread about IOF Ishapore going for an all steel .22. Many IFG members had asked for details on the "proposed" gun at that time but I didn't have any information on production.

I still don't know when they will (if at all :!: ) start making the all-steel .22 but here is a piece of information.
A friend who talked to a senior IOF production manager last week was told that they still have three hundred alloy frames and cylinders left. "We have to sell these first or else we will be questioned by auditors. After that we can think of working on the steel revolver," the IOF guy told my friend.

I don't know how long they will take to sell the last 300 or whether Home Ministry will give clearance for mass production of a new civilian revolver. This is what I have at the moment.

Just to do a recon.. the first two prototypes of the steel model are "quite heavy when compared to size", said my friend to test fired them, but look similar to the aluminum frame. IOF engineers also talked of a four inch barrel for the steel body but there was no confirmation.

Best wishes

TC

LAWMSIAMA
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by LAWMSIAMA » Thu May 10, 2012 12:10 am

I dont know about the rifle but as far as the catridge is concern, the awmount of gunpowder of a .22KF is very little, if you shake the ammo very close to your ear you can hear the amout of gunpowder in it

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Has the steel cylinder version of this revolver been launched as yet

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 pm

I am in the process of acquiring a handgun for self protection , and since it would be my first gun , I had zeroed in on the .22 IOF revolver .

Going through the above post , all 21 pages of it , I have a few question , which I want to ask .

TC had mentioned that while firing at a shooting club/ range a .22 IOF revolver belonging to a elderly gentleman , cracks were developed in the cylinder of the revolver . Now , I would like to if damages of these types are often on the .22 IOF revolver or is it a rare case . I mean , say , do 6 out of 10 revolvers have this problem ?

Also members / .22 IOF revolver owners have reported that they used Imported ammo and have never had any problems with the .22 IOF revolver . I want to ask what brand of imported ammo did they use and how much is the cost of them ?

And finally , if cracks are developed on the cylinder of the firearm , I think it's possible to get the cylinder replaced , I mean after all it's not a imported gun , it's an Indian made gun . Any idea , to the cost involved in replacing the cylinder ?

Thanks

FN-Five-Seven.
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 am

calculate cost of eyes, fingers ect. James..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 am

I am in the process of acquiring a handgun for self protection , and since it would be my first gun , I had zeroed in on the .22 IOF revolver .
Though the bullet placement is very important, .22 cartridge has negligible stopping power. .32 revolver or pistol would have slightly better stopping power than .22. Ultimately what you want to buy is your choice.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Save the aluminium body revolvers...they are going to fetch a decent premium once the steel body ones come in...the steel ones are fairly heavy,...weigh much more than the 32 IOF revolver.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

art_collector wrote:Save the aluminium body revolvers...they are going to fetch a decent premium once the steel body ones come in...the steel ones are fairly heavy,...weigh much more than the 32 IOF revolver.
Art Collector I would personally disagree. Once the steel ones arrive few people would want to buy the alloy ones after all the criticisms and controversy. Purely my opinion.

TC

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 pm

I tend to agree with the Art_Collector. The aluminium ones have a sporty look and feel which the steel ones will probably lack.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 am

james wrote:calculate cost of eyes, fingers ect. James..
I am sure not quite following you there ..
goodboy_mentor wrote:
Though the bullet placement is very important, .22 cartridge has negligible stopping power. .32 revolver or pistol would have slightly better stopping power than .22. Ultimately what you want to buy is your choice.

I do agree with you to full extent . Actually I plan to graduate to a bigger bore i.e.. the .32 Ashani , after I have sufficient experience of owning a firearm as well as dealing with the licensing authorities and the gun dealers .
art_collector wrote:Save the aluminium body revolvers...they are going to fetch a decent premium once the steel body ones come in...the steel ones are fairly heavy,...weigh much more than the 32 IOF revolver.
I tend to agree with you . I think we are expecting too much of the all steel .22 revolver . We are assuming it to be the last word as far as .22 cal handgun are concerned , even though it's not sure when it would be in production and even if it would ever be in production.
miroflex wrote:I tend to agree with the Art_Collector. The aluminium ones have a sporty look and feel which the steel ones will probably lack.
Well , I do see a distinct advantage of the all steel .22 revolver . When the gun will stop working , due to jamming or any other reason , we can always throw the gun at our intended target . I am sure the heavier all steel .22 will do more damage than the alloy one . :lol:

A little ballistic humor .

FN-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .