IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:42 am

Cherian

Hope you are joking about this Blacksmithy thing..making or casting major parts for a weapon might even be illegal..Read carefully Mack The Knife and other's postings.. :shock: We all are advising against such things.

Navdeep

For Advertising mail webmaster
ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ajikappil » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:33 am

cherian.k.k wrote:i know a person black smith who makes revolver (it has good finish and work well) i am planning to ask him to make that .will it work
cherian
Achaaya,

Athu Veno ? Veruthe Pani Kittum :)
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 am

Cherian,
what is the legitimacy of this blacksmith? assuming you could get the chambers bored out correctly, retrofitting may cause a blow up or other personal harm!

Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:59 pm

My sincere recommendation forum admins should delete such remarks or suggestions or atleast have guidelines set. It doesnt take much to get bad publicity.

Navdeep

penpusher

IOF .22 revolver

Post by penpusher » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:13 pm

http://www.indiatraveltimes.com/news/june20.html

Its a newspaper report about the launch of the IOF .22 rev. Notice the fact that the IOF chap has been careful to point out that the rev has a 'barrel'. Nice of them to sell a revolver with a barrel. Must be a world first :lol:

All the talk about it doing well has proved to be just a lot of BS.Despite the dire situation vis a vi the availability of firearms in the country and the fact that the IOF has no competition,the revolver has failed to sell .It seems its either no longer being sold by the IOF or its production has been curtailed.

Take care,
penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:33 pm

Guys, Am taking the liberty of reproducing a part of the write up here for your first laugh of the day!
Thanks penpusher.

Harbans Lal Kapoor, additional general manager, Ishapore rifle factory, said the revolver was as good as any other international brand. "This revolver is very light, just 80 grams, fit for use by even ladies for self-defence. It is powder coated,
it has got a barrel and has a chrome flash,

so it will not get rusted in time. It is made of aluminium alloys which are having a very good strength as good as steel.

It can match an international standard revolver

Pray enlighten us poor sods , what International standards , redefined are??
and what is the present thing in revolvers produced in developed countries is what we have produced here...

Is he talking about the saturday night specials here?

the same what USA is producing," said Kapoor. Even before its launch, the factory received 5,000 orders forcing the authorities to refuse further orders.

Bcause they ran out of aluminium curtain rods to make barrel liners ??

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 am

Barrel liners are of steel.The cylinder is of aluminium. The IOF warns the user of its .22 rev to use only atandard velocity Eley ammo.Since .22 lr is not in the list of ammo that can be imported by a dealer ,the IOF obviously expects the average Indian user of the rev. to go abroad every year to get ammo for it :roll:

Take care,
penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:55 pm

naah, penpusher, i'm sure the barrel liners are aluminium too-anodized to look like steel-Ask Dev - he'll probably give them advice on how to pimp up the revolver using an air gun barrel and it will oushoot the rest of the abortions that come out of there... :twisted: Can some one use the RTI to get info on the QC in these place ? A lot of indians are dying because of the neanderthals running the OFB

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Can some one use the RTI to get info on the QC in these place ?
It would be easier for you to do that,being in proximity to Delhi .All it takes is a draft of Rs.10.Have thought of doing it but getting to Delhi to look at the files would be inconvenient.

CAG reports,questions in the Parliament ,Parliamentary committees have had no affect .Lesser mortals like us obviously can not even dream of making them change.Any doubts about the abilities of the IOF are treated as somehow being against national interest and the person raising the question as being not very loyal to the country.A very convenient way of deflecting any criticism.

For those who are into conspiracies being behind every negative thing that happens in the country , how about this one ,"The govt in the centre have a vested interest in not having an Ordnance industry that can produce quality stuff in the country.This gives them an excuse to import weapon systems worth billions and profit from the kick backs.Similarly those in the armed forces and in the DGQA-OFB also benefit from the kick backs. So nobody in the present set up has any incentive to improve the working of the IOF and the quality of their products."

Take care,
penpusher

ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

High Velocity Hollow Point Ammo for IOF .22 Revolver ???

Post by ajikappil » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:30 am

I need to know if IOF .22 Revolver will be able to take in High Velocity .22 Hollow point Ammo ? Also, Where can I can get .22 Hyper Velocity Ammo ?
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:00 am

I do not know if high velocity .22lr ammo is suitable for the IOF revolver but hyper velocity .22lr rounds are available from some of the Bangalore gun shops from time to time.

Phone around to see who has what.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 pm

Seems suicidal doesn't it? Looking for high velocity rounds for an aluminum chambered...I hope to hell that you don't try a CCI stinger in it. Why don't you stick with light loads and we'll all feel better. ;-).

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: High Velocity Hollow Point Ammo for IOF .22 Revolver ???

Post by TC » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:21 pm

Dont even think about it. I saw a chamber crack right in front of my eyes. The shooter, an elderly gentleman, was lucky enough to survive without a scratch. The aluminium chamber is only suitable for .22 KF cartridge,IOF staff insist. I suggest subsonic ammo from Remington or similar brands would be a safer choice.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:44 pm

TC

The IOF does not even want us to use its own .22 ammo in its revolver. What they recommend is standard velocity Eley ammo.

Do you have the details of the gentleman in question ie. his name,his license no. and the serial no. of the revolver.A photo of the revolver with the cracked cylinder would be very welcome.Infact the serial no. of the revolver and the photo would suffice in case the licensee does not want to reveal his identity.

penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:19 pm

I can't believe what I'm reading here - an IOF revolver chamber cracked firing 22 lr ammunition? :shock: