Cz72 any good?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Cz72 any good?

Post by jonahpach » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:02 pm

Has any of our videshi friends owned or tried out a cz75 in .9mm? Is it any good?
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Cz72 any good?

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:50 pm

jonahpach wrote:Has any of our videshi friends owned or tried out a cz75 in .9mm? Is it any good?
Does it shoot needles? :mrgreen: It's a well respected pistol, even if Mehul thinks otherwise (I think). Go to the CZ Forum and read what the members have to say about it.

For all the overseas members reading this post, videshi means foreigner. So the next time you log onto IFG please ensure that you have a Hindi-English dictionary at hand just in case.... :roll: :wink:

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:14 pm

Mack The Knife,

I love the CZ 75 and it's 45 version the 97 B even more. It is the Beretta 92 that I don't like, though that is a personal preference and nothing to do with the gun itself.

Jonah,

The CZ 75 is considered among the very best 9mm service pistols in the world today, a full 31 years after its introduction. India used to have them as officers' sidearms until they replaced them with the Glock 17 (some top shooters in the US seemed to suggest that this was a retrograde move in my conversations with them) and I presume the old pistols would slowly be sold off to retiring servicemen for Rs 500 or some such amount.

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:32 am

mehulkamdar wrote:I love the CZ 75 and it's 45 version the 97 B even more. It is the Beretta 92 that I don't like, though that is a personal preference and nothing to do with the gun itself.
Mea culpa, Mehul. :oops:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:01 am

Jonah,
you're a lucky man if you can lay your hands on a cz-75 in India...I've shot about 500 rounds through a cz75 while in S Africa and it was held in very high esteem there by a lot of the service chaps , who saw a lot of real life action (compared to some of the gun magazine hacks from US who fire a couple of 10 round strings and label a weapon -perfect for xyz/ hostage rescue/bullfrog shooting :evil: you-name-it!)
Its a great weapon, absolutely dependable and very accurate, straight out of the box-even if you're loking at splitting a business card sidewards at 10m!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Cz75

Post by jonahpach » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 am

Yup! Right now we are haggling over the price. The gun is a confisicated weapon with all necessary documents. The owner is a VIP Personal Security Officer who had the weapon issued in his name. He is expecting 1.50 but I think it is too much as I know how much he paid for the weapon.
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:06 pm

Hey, you memtioned cz-72 ...is it a 75 in 9mm for sure?
great, go for it
Best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

czrami
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by czrami » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:48 am

Nice to see that you CZ faithful are keeping the flag flying!

Hope you will visit CZf and also my CZ-ZONE. Lots of new pics
and links of great CZ and Dan Wesson products.

KEV

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks for that,
If CZ-75 comes out in 45, its going to be flavour-of-my-life! Read about the one of its kind 45 luger-where 2 were cut apart and made into one 45 -think it featured in a movie about wall street too...
Welcome aboard and here's to lots of posting from you.
Best
Axx

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:48 am

Hello Kev,

Will visit your forum without fail. Yes, CZs are lovely guns and only an idiot would argue against them.

Asif,

There IS a 45 version of the CZ 75 and it is called the CZ 97 B. It is as good as the 75 is, which means, of course, that it is among the best pistols in the world.

Cheers!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:52 am

Mehul,
You know that part about the 2 bulls and Rusty's MM-Now I have more grist for the mill!
Thanks for the great news-I hereby change my choice of handguns in 'fav weapons to the CZ 45!
Now you'll believe that I was under a slimy rock regarding guns and development-doing my damndest to catch up...
Best
Axx

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:41 am

Asif,

A very good friend in Wisconsin has a daughter and son in law who are big handgun shooters and the couple have a collection of more than 100 handguns. The next time if you make it here and have some time, I could check with them and find out if they were free, and, if they were, we could go over and you could shoot their guns to your heart's content - from pedestrian Berettas through various different 1911s and Glocks all the way to custom Freedom Arms and Desert Eagles etc they have a collection that is a handgun shooter's dream.

Yes, of course, they have the CZs - 75, 85, 97 B and some more.

Cheers,

Mehul

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

hand gun heaven!

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:40 am

Thanks Mehul, Next trip will be with wife and kids , 1 conference and then she visits her relatives and I, mine('gun relatives'!!)
This is an offer that cant be resisted-will plan carefully and hope to be there.
Regards
Asif

bsinha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Cz72 any good?

Post by bsinha » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:45 pm

I haven't fired one yet, but everyone seems to love the CZ 75B, and the prices are reasonable. I think I've heard a few complaints about the sights, but that's it.

Here are some reviews if you're interested:
http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gi ... gun=Pistol

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:57 pm

mehulkamdar";p="629 wrote:Mack The Knife,

I love the CZ 75 and it's 45 version the 97 B even more. It is the Beretta 92 that I don't like, though that is a personal preference and nothing to do with the gun itself.

Jonah,

The CZ 75 is considered among the very best 9mm service pistols in the world today, a full 31 years after its introduction. India used to have them as officers' sidearms until they replaced them with the Glock 17 (some top shooters in the US seemed to suggest that this was a retrograde move in my conversations with them) and I presume the old pistols would slowly be sold off to retiring servicemen for Rs 500 or some such amount.

Mehul
I agree with mehul here but i also want to tell you just try out Glocks. especially the Glock 19 and the baby Glock and you will fall in love trust me... and 1911s will be next on list.