CAN WE IMPORT PISTOL GRIPS FROM ABROAD TO INDIA?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
gopal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

CAN WE IMPORT PISTOL GRIPS FROM ABROAD TO INDIA?

Post by gopal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Sir,
When browsing through the internet I find some dealers in US who can send spare magazines, grips etc for my pistol through UPS or if requested through DHL or BLUEDART. Is it legal in India to import these parts as our Government has banned import of weapons? If any question arises at the Foreign Post Office will it be enough if I show my license and weapon? Will they accuse me and charge for violation of arms act and cancell my license? Please my friends advice me.
Thanks
Gopal

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: CAN WE IMPORT PISTOL GRIPS FROM ABROAD TO INDIA?

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Grips are ok...but magazines and other conspicuous spares may pose a problem.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 pm

yes, you can import pistol grips.

however, please be aware that post 9/11, there are quite severe restrictions on what websites in the u.s. can and cannot export. to save themselves, most internet based american companies i came across (read, the best bargains) had a self imposed blanket restriction on export orders.

caveat emptor
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 pm

CC , Any notification to support that pistol grips are allowed ,my friend tried and the order got stuck up with customs and he was asked to get a noc from DGFT. Regards James..

ssmickey.32
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ssmickey.32 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 am

Pistol grips are okay but it should NOT have laser... just like silencers, laser assisted grips are restricted in imports... I hope James, ur friend has not imported those gorgeous Crimson Trace Laser assisted Pistol Grips.

I have imported Grips [comes under the category of handgun accessories] for my Revolver and they came smoothly - delivered at my address. Handgun parts are restricted and Pistol Magazine is treated as a handgun part.

Best regards

ssmickey.32
When the power of love overcomes the love of power - the world will know peace.

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:13 pm

The grip imported by him is pachmayr grip without laser ,any document to support that HANDGUN ACCESSORIES like grip is permitted to import. You being luck that it was not noticed and you got your grip smoothly. His grip is stuckup with customs postal department in kolkata and when he enquired they told him to get a clearence cerificate from DGFT kolkata.
Cheers ,James..

mhksmk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mhksmk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Can anyone kindly advice, which site to look for the grips?

cadt_ta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cadt_ta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 am

Dear Sir,
could you please let me know can i import following parts for my smith and wesson revolver from USA :
Rear Sear, Hammer, Extractor rod, Extractor, Grips, Grip screw, Strain screw, Extractor stud, Stirrup, Extractor spring, Cylinder stop, Rear sear spring .. tell me the procedure of importing these parts...or from where can i get these parts in India.

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Are you trying to assemble a revolver.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:21 am

bandukbhandar wrote:Are you trying to assemble a revolver.
He cannot do that without the frame & barrel, sounds more like he is trying to fix up an old piece and make work like it should/ like new... I can relate to his enthusiasm, though he may find the going rather tough!

Springs, screws and other minor parts which may have multiple applications (besides firearms), should be OK, the rest are a bit of a grey area.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 am

His grip is stuckup with customs postal department in kolkata and when he enquired they told him to get a clearence cerificate from DGFT kolkata.
Have you asked under which provision of Customs law/rule they are asking for clearance certificate? I am asking this because sometimes babus become overzealous. There was a post in this forum that they were asking for this type of certificate even for a holster.
Rear Sear, Hammer, Extractor rod, Extractor, Grips, Grip screw, Strain screw, Extractor stud, Stirrup, Extractor spring, Cylinder stop, Rear sear spring .. tell me the procedure of importing these parts...or from where can i get these parts in India.
Put an RTI application with Customs and see what they utter in the answer. Also let the forum know what they utter as answer.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Any idea about importing Harris bi-pods?
They cost a lot of money, so a lil bit scared to import them in case the customs mistake them for a gun part or a part to create a WMD for that matter ..
:cheers:

gopal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gopal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:52 pm

I bought my pistol grips from grips4guns and it came smoothly
It came without the screw and i locally found its substitute
regards
Gopal

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Want to share my experience post 9/11

In 2008 I got a friend who was coming down from the US to get two sets of some components for my .22 pistol. He was not questioned anywhere at any point. Inside his checked in luggage, in a small sealed envelope, were firing pins, firing pin strings, sears, bolt stop rod, firing pin retaining rod etc etc. All small tiny components.
The same company from which my friend bought these spares online in the US refused to ship anything to India saying there was restriction on export to certain countries including India. I was furious when I paid a dollar online for a schematic so that I could mail it to my friend marking my requirements.

Last year I got my friends aunt who was coming down from Germany to get a pair of synthetic grips and a shoulder holster for my Colt revolver. She had no problem either.

Lesson I learned : Try and get some friend or relative to get spares or grips from the US. All the better if your "carrier" is an old lady :lol:

But never ever try to get magazines. The are banned and show up bright and clear on x-ray machines.

Hope that helps

TC