PURCHASE IMPORTED WEAPON

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

PURCHASE IMPORTED WEAPON

Post by Patelji » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:44 pm

Dear Patrons,
I have been recently issued a weapon license. I am in a dilemma whether to purchase a Indian made pistol or revolver (not interested in IOF & GSF) or should I buy old imported weapon. Incase of Imported weapons, I need a reliable source because market is full of refurbished imported weapons.
Thanks (y)

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: PURCHASE IMPORTED WEAPON

Post by chicky » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:53 am

Dear Patel ji,

Congratulations on your license, you don't need to go in for an imported weapon as there are many Private Companies manufacturing and marketing very good quality weapons and at a much cheaper price. Try out Gretta, Webley, Astra, Malhotra etc , all the best...
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:51 pm

Appreciated.
In case of Gretta Defender and Webley Fox, any suggestion??

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:32 pm

Community members would be able to help you better if you give clear expectations, like would you be carrying it daily? Is ammo cost an issue? Do you have any medical condition which can make it difficult to shoot?

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 am

You should visit a Gun Shop and see various options and then decide , they are almost all of same good quality, however would recommend you buy a .32 calibre since you are a first time buyer.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kps_dhillon » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:33 pm

Absolutely agree with Chicky. With multiple india made options in multiple cailbers in reasonable prices for guns there is no longer a necessity to pay exorbitant price for handguns.

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:01 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:32 pm
Community members would be able to help you better if you give clear expectations, like would you be carrying it daily? Is ammo cost an issue? Do you have any medical condition which can make it difficult to shoot?
Boss,
I shall not be carrying it daily, more over I am physically well to carry any type of weapon. This is purely for safety purpose.

willyson
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by willyson » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:07 pm

I'd go for the local's rather imported ones. There's always a chance of buying refurbished ones mistakenly. 

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 am

The imported rifles and pistols sold are from the 70s and 80s when imports were permitted that technology has become old and with international brands making and selling their guns in India you get the latest innovation at a good price

willyson
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by willyson » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 pm

hornet22 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 am
The imported rifles and pistols sold are from the 70s and 80s when imports were permitted that technology has become old and with international brands making and selling their guns in India you get the latest innovation at a good price
That's so true. Thanks for highlighting the point.

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:56 pm

To all,
Imported weapons has always had special place in market.

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 am

PatelJi,

If you can test fire revolver calibers that are available to you at a gun place if possible; it might give an idea which round gives the balance on comfort of shooting, best recoil management and accuracy (Fit your need) but if I had a choice in the game - it would 38 Special /.357Mag. For Self Defense, any caliber is good versus none. May I suggest you look for revolver that will shoot .357mag. This will allow you to shoot 38 special or more potent .357 magnum round. .357 magnum has more knocking power but it is also very loud as it goes super sonic. 38 Special Ammo in hollow point variant for self defense and you can shoot normal FMJ for target practice. After all its shot placement what counts first and most. The magnum Ammo will make it enjoyable break for future as you become used to handling the weapon and recoil better with accuracy in mind. just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck and have fun in making your choice.
So as an outsider who is not in India - My above suggestion is only logical if you can legally be able to get into that type of firearms. Forgive me...I just read some bits and pieces of getting into a license...I am very confused ...hence just take my advice as what do if you get get into the weapon I mentioned.

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:38 pm

Respectful wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 am
PatelJi,

If you can test fire revolver calibers that are available to you at a gun place if possible; it might give an idea which round gives the balance on comfort of shooting, best recoil management and accuracy (Fit your need) but if I had a choice in the game - it would 38 Special /.357Mag. For Self Defense, any caliber is good versus none. May I suggest you look for revolver that will shoot .357mag. This will allow you to shoot 38 special or more potent .357 magnum round. .357 magnum has more knocking power but it is also very loud as it goes super sonic. 38 Special Ammo in hollow point variant for self defense and you can shoot normal FMJ for target practice. After all its shot placement what counts first and most. The magnum Ammo will make it enjoyable break for future as you become used to handling the weapon and recoil better with accuracy in mind. just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck and have fun in making your choice.
So as an outsider who is not in India - My above suggestion is only logical if you can legally be able to get into that type of firearms. Forgive me...I just read some bits and pieces of getting into a license...I am very confused ...hence just take my advice as what do if you get get into the weapon I mentioned.

I highly appreciate your suggestion and shall take into consideration for choosing the right weapon.