New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am

My ammunition recommendations for 32 Auto (or any other chambering, for that matter):

If you have spent the money and effort to acquire a pistol, and if your pistol is to be used for self-defense, I recommend that you purchase the best ammo you can find for the purpose. As I also carry a 32 Auto, I've invested a lot of time in researching those who have investigated the use of 32 Auto in a carry pistol. You can view available data on ammunition performance here:

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/the- ... f-defense/

When viewing this information, don't forget to note that there are two sets of data: one for short barreled pistols and one for long barreled pistols. Be sure to compare the data that relates to your gun.

Summarizing my views on this and other data, I think that the Fiocchi 71 grain FMJ ammo is the best for carry. I used to carry 60 grain Corbon hollow points, until I read this article and others like it. It's clear that a low powered cartridge like 32 Auto doesn't have the power to penetrate and expand at the same time. I will always choose penetration over expansion. This, for me, is borne out in real life by the accounts of people killing grizzly bears with 9mm and 38 Special handguns.

The FBI's determination that 12 inches (305 mm) of penetration is the minimum necessary in a self-defense situation came about after a deadly encounter with two goons robbing a bank who were wearing body armor. Due to the fatalities of both goons and law enforcement, the FBI commissioned an in-depth study of what was needed to stop deadly attacks, with regard to side arms. It was determined that 12 inches of penetration was the minimum acceptable standard.

Something to keep in mind is that ammo made in the USA meets SAAMI standards, and that made in Europe meets CIP standards. The differences between these two standards vary by cartridge, but for 32 Auto, the CIP standard operates at several thousand pounds per square inch more than SAAMI ammo does, resulting in faster bullets and deeper penetration.

Therefore, I carry Fiocchi ammo in my pistol when I can find it, or some other European ammo. Right now, I also have a few boxes of RWS and a few of PPU ("Prvi Partizan"). All of this ammo is difficult for me to find now.

This means that I need at least 15 rounds of European ammo for carry. I don't think that the most expensive ammo is needed for practice. For practice, suitably accurate ammo is necessary that also give similar recoil to the carry ammo, which means that the ammo is fairly "hot," as well.

Ammo that is not accurate will teach you NOTHING by using it for practice, because you won't be able to gauge your performance on the target by shooting it. Shooting inaccurate ammo is a waste of time and money, no matter how much it costs. My own solution here is two-fold: Firstly, I will began casting my own bullets this summer and will load them up to a similar power level to my carry ammo. This is a solution that members in India won't be able to use, unfortunately. Secondly, soon I will go to a different pistol and caliber. I'll use the same solution for it, carrying the best ammo and practicing with my own cast bullet reloads, and none of this would apply to India.

My bottom line recommendation is to get the best European ammo for carry and good, accurate ammo for practice. Again, if you've spent the time and money to get a pistol in the first place, it makes no sense to get poorly performing ammo at any price. Your life isn't worth the savings.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New made in india pistol of .32 calibre by AHT called stallion is out in the market.

Post by casual shooter » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:41 am

Dear Timmy,
A quick question: The rim of the.32 cartridge protrudes slightly from the circumferential profile of the base of the cartridge, which results in a slightly zigzag stacking in the magazine and is also the result of faulty feeding into the chamber.
Are there rimless cartridges also available for the 32?
Regards.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:42 am

Very well articulated Timmy Sir, and good information too. But you made a grave mistake when you said "Expensive".

India is probably the richest country in the world, where people buy a 500$ handgun for 15k $ and ammo for the same @10$ a pop.
ROTFL ROTFL
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:55 pm

casual shooter wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:41 am
Dear Timmy,
A quick question: The rim of the.32 cartridge protrudes slightly from the circumferential profile of the base of the cartridge, which results in a slightly zigzag stacking in the magazine and is also the result of faulty feeding into the chamber.
Are there rimless cartridges also available for the 32?
Regards.
Yes, the 32 Auto, along with the 25 Auto and the 38 Auto (same case used for the later 38 Super) are all "semi rimmed" cartridges of John M Browning from his early designs of self loading pistols. Note that the later (1908) 380 Auto cartridge was fully rimless, so evidently Browning found headspacing of the cartridge on the case mouth a better method.

Truthfully, I've never had a problem with cartridge interlock on my CZ70. The magazine is somewhat slanted and loading fresh cartridges causes the top one to slide over the cartridge below, stopping the top cartridge's rim before the rim of the one below.

There are no rimless cartridges for 32 Auto because the rim is what controls the depth of the cartridge in the chamber, as is the case with 25 Auto and 38 Auto. This means that 32 Auto chambers are not cut to headspace on the cartridge case mouth. Whether the chamber is coincidentally cut at a depth that would allow this probably varies from gun maker to gun maker, and maybe even between individual guns from the same maker, because the chamber depth is not as critical a dimension as with chambers meant to use the case mouth to headspace at the end of the chamber, like 380 Auto, 9mm, and 45 Auto.

Your only solution may be to load your magazine very carfully, watching for an interlock condition. Perhaps a different magazine may help, or not. All I can say is that my 32 Auto and a 25 Auto I had many years ago never had an interlock fault.
pgupta wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:42 am
Very well articulated Timmy Sir, and good information too. But you made a grave mistake when you said "Expensive".

India is probably the richest country in the world, where people buy a 500$ handgun for 15k $ and ammo for the same @10$ a pop.
ROTFL ROTFL
Ha ha! yes, everything is relative, isn't it?

Harry S. Truman

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:40 pm

@ Timmy.
Thanks pal..

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:41 am

Yes, sir, we are all gun brothers here. Glad to help.

Harry S. Truman

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by RamMani » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:14 pm

Urgen Negi wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 am
I finally booked the stallion pistol, because of the fit and finish, light weight of the pistol and 3 years warranty given by the manufacturer which can be extended to additional 2 years. The dealer shall deliver it by 12th of March. Hopefully I made a good purchase. Kindly share your views and suggestions.
Thanks.
Please let me know the booking procedures for stallion pistol, you have a PM also.

Thanks&Regards

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Urgen Negi » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am

So, I recently tried my new pistol. Low muzzle rise, pretty accurate from 25 yards out, fired 12 rounds, no problem as such. The double stacked magzine is slightly on the thicker side, a bit difficult to appendix carry with my current holster. Overall the light weight helps. Thanks everyone.
Jai Hind.

BMG50
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BMG50 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:33 pm

Respected Mambers,
Can you help me about the quality of stallion revolve?
If anybody knows plz help me.
Thanks

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 pm

Urgen Negi wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 am
So, I recently tried my new pistol. Low muzzle rise, pretty accurate from 25 yards out, fired 12 rounds, no problem as such. The double stacked magzine is slightly on the thicker side, a bit difficult to appendix carry with my current holster. Overall the light weight helps. Thanks everyone.
Jai Hind.
How about some pics? Would love to see it and the target if possible.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Arpan jagnayak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Arpan jagnayak » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:17 pm

What is the price of this pistol

Urgen Negi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Urgen Negi » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:56 am

kps_dhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kps_dhillon » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 pm

Unable to see the image posted above

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:33 pm

Sir wait for JDtaurus PT57. 32 bore.
Review available on you tube. It is cheap from stallion and also quality is very good
For inquiry you contact Sarhadi arms Chandigarh, Royal bangal arms kolkatta