Inflated price of imported ammo

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Inflated price of imported ammo

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:41 pm

Recently I purchased .45 acp for 350 INR each round. Just out of curiosity I checked price of same SnB ammo on some US websites. I was shocked to see that it was at most 60 INR. Lets assume even double the price, still 350 INR is like 7 times the original price. I am curious to know why such inflated price? And is there going to be any remedy for this in near future?
I am sure this must be the case for other type of imported ammo also, feel free to add your inputs/experience/workaround.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Inflated price of imported ammo

Post by hornet22 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:17 pm

Gun dealers know that a person who can afford a .45 pistol will not mind spending 💰 high price for the cartridges and it's also demand and supply, only a limited quantity can be imported and good ammo is always in demand so they would like to get maximum out of the situation

Shadmohammed
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shadmohammed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:29 pm

tax transportation storage profit etc

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:50 pm

hornet22 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:17 pm
Gun dealers know that a person who can afford a .45 pistol will not mind spending 💰 high price for the cartridges and it's also demand and supply, only a limited quantity can be imported and good ammo is always in demand so they would like to get maximum out of the situation
Gun dealers are the last node in this very long supply chain. I dont think they are responsible for so much price difference.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:00 pm

The only way to solve this problem is to start local manufacturing of ammo by private companies.