Are Made in India Glocks in the market already?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Are Made in India Glocks in the market already?

Post by partheus » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:37 pm

Hey folks,
Last I heard, CMTPL was fighting a lawsuit for bringing Glock to India. But, a Youtube channel by the name of Bandookvaale has been busy showing of a number of Glocks and comparing them to upcoming and existing pistols almost as if Glocks have been in the market for a while. Here's one of his vids:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cyXre1MEB0A

So, what's the deal? Is Glock already making civilian legal pistols?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Are Made in India Glocks in the market already?

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:40 pm

Glocks are manufactured only in two countries i.e Austria and USA. The Glocks that were sold by CMTPL were imported from Austria. Glock doesn’t have any manufacturing facility in India.

Owning and showing glocks in videos is not a big deal. Though rare and expensive but some people owned Glock in India before CMTPL came in.

CMTPL sold very few pieces and came to an end.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info. That's sad. The bloke in the video makes it seem as if he's getting regular shipments of Glocks to his store.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:41 am

Vineet wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:40 pm
Glocks are manufactured only in two countries i.e Austria and USA. The Glocks that were sold by CMTPL were imported from Austria. Glock doesn’t have any manufacturing facility in India.

Owning and showing glocks in videos is not a big deal. Though rare and expensive but some people owned Glock in India before CMTPL came in.

CMTPL sold very few pieces and came to an end.
Greetings Vineet Ji,
I was under a false impression that cmtpl has yet to start selling their products in market. I learnt that they would bring ckd kits and sell in India . Can you share more information if available about their existing status ? Will glocks ever see daylight in India or not ? Or shall we fill the vacant spots on arms license with the same age old IOFs. I waited 3 years for them !
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:50 am

One MLA and minister in jharkhand purchased one glock and facing some legal issues. I don't want to name but it's in news papers. That means it is yet to resolve and come in market.
Regards

Shivaji

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:20 pm

partheus wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:14 pm
Thanks for the info. That's sad. The bloke in the video makes it seem as if he's getting regular shipments of Glocks to his store.
Some deliveries of glocks were made, infact I was about to get mine too, As vineet mentioned there are Imported glocks in India too but they are selling at stratospheric prices which can be comparable to buy a Toyota Fortuner and enough left over further to easily buy another Tata Altroz.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 am

The issue with CMTPL was that they were selling pistols that had not been proof tested in India. Nothing else.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:48 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 am
The issue with CMTPL was that they were selling pistols that had not been proof tested in India. Nothing else.
Precisely speaking, The Indian government do not recognise proof testing standards of international firms, Certain international brands majotly consisting of European manufacturers have Permanent International Commission for the Proof of Small Arms" – commonly abbreviated as C.I.P.) is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms, Apparently that international benchmark or certificate is not recognised by India and only IOF tested small arms are considered.

More than testing CMPTL were missing certain licenses and also were using assembled rather than manufactured in India guns.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:09 pm

They were missing a license to proof test. That the pistols were assembled from parts imported instead of manufactured in India was not the reason why the MHA issued a letter ordering the already sold pistols to be taken back/confiscated. Lack of proof testing was.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:18 pm

In the scenario elaborated above , there seems to be very thin chances that cmtpl will resume operations anytime soon. It’s a good thing they were imported kits. I don’t want to discuss the imported and made in India topic . The only concern here is are there any chances they will relaunch after getting proof tests etc. Any communication or news from the company will be highly appreciated.
Regards
abs sandhu
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:03 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:09 pm
They were missing a license to proof test. That the pistols were assembled from parts imported instead of manufactured in India was not the reason why the MHA issued a letter ordering the already sold pistols to be taken back/confiscated. Lack of proof testing was.
Indian made weapon can be proof tested by RFI. Earlier many private companies manufacturing 12 bore were getting the proof testing done by RFI and now many handgun manufacturing companies are also getting the proof testing done by RFI.

Why an imported pistol needs to be proof tested in India ? When sports shooters import a firearm or when someone brings a firearm under TR rule or when firearms are imported for armed forces are they proof tested in India ?

There is no rule that says that imported firearms should be proof tested in India then why Glocks needs to be proof tested in India ?

The reason for asking them to show Indian proof marking was because they were selling imported pistols as made in India.
Last edited by Vineet on Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vineet Armoury

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:16 pm

I thought CMTPL was also making CZ Brens and have already sold several to govt agencies. If they managed to get them out the door, the Glocks shouldn't have been an issue.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:58 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 am
Weapons can be imported on Form X of Arms Rules 2016. Under ‘Conditions’ of this Form, it’s not mentioned that weapons imported on this form should have Indian proof tested stamp.

Weapons can be manufactured in India on Form VII. The ‘Conditions’ under this Form says that weapons manufactured should have Indian proof tested mark.

Now authorities have asked for Indian proof testing stamp. What does this tell us ?

This tells us that CMTPL was selling them as Made in India.If CMTPL would have sold them as ‘imported’ then Indian proof testing condition does not apply to them.

So merely saying that it did not have Indian stamp, nothing else is not so simple. It’s telling us a lot about the whole story if we think about it minutely.
Vineet Armoury

gb123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gb123 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:39 pm

Hello vineet sir,
I was wondering if companies like cz or glock will actually launch in india. For the context, i had procured an IOF mark 1 as a placeholder and was planning on cz or glock when it launches. Or perhaps MSD is the way to go as the IOF inspires very little confidence owing to its jamming problem. Please advise

Regards, GB

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:42 am

gb123 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:39 pm
as the IOF inspires very little confidence owing to its jamming problem. Please advise
Being a gunsmith I have big experience with IOF pistols. RFI pistols are good pistols. Most problems are not with the pistols but due to limp wristing.

GSF pistols should be avoided as chamber swelling is common in them.
Vineet Armoury