MY ASTR ATAL 32X BOOKING UPDATE

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

MY ASTR ATAL 32X BOOKING UPDATE

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:25 am

As everyone knows,
I had booked the "India's first" indigenously made Pistol a while ago, here's an update as everyone was requesting.

I had booked the Pistol on 22nd May 2023 with INR5000 deposit to the company. While having telephonic conversation with the Director, he confidently said the pistol would be delivered in 45 days, he also mentioned that there can be a few days delay if TL/NOC and other paperworks take time.

Counting days, Its been exactly 45 days since I booked the weapon, I am yet to be contacted by the company So I make a call to the Director and as expected he told me that it will take some days as the dealers in State (Gujarat) havn't made timely provision of documents and NOCs.

So thats the update, my fellow IFG members have to wait more to see the ASTR ATAL .32x ACP on hands and firing review.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mayurdhwajsinh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: MY ASTR ATAL 32X BOOKING UPDATE

Post by Mayurdhwajsinh » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:27 am

Also werywin Victor releasing today

sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sjohn » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:11 pm

Thank you for taking time to share your experience so far, standing by for your next post, cheers!!

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:12 pm

Thank you Pratipalsingh Ji for taking the time out to post updates, we are looking forward for a good review from you.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:32 am

They are fooling around they don't have pistols ready. They told me same thing.When i pressed him he told me it will be available with dealers in November

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:31 am

Waiting for the user review from your side.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:54 am

Recently got mad and wrote an angry mail to the company, owner and director regarding the delay in delivery.
I wrote that the timeline for purchasing a weapon is near an dI am yet to get an update, As it has been almost 2 months.
Soon the company replied that there are some upgradation to the weapon, which was a shocker for me, Also the dealers who want to get affiliated to them have not completed the formalities of NOC etc.

On a positive note, They have made special arrangements to expedite my order quicker, firstly they were going send the first lot of guns to bigger states and Gujarat would be getting the gun in 3rd lott, but for me they will be sending some guns from the first lot to Gujarat as my validity to purchase the gun was 15/8 after which my license and order to purchase gun would get cancelled. They had assigned a dealer from my state so as to be convenient for me as if I were to purchase weapon from another state it would require another NOC/TL/Temporary multi state license..

They are positive on delivering in month end July or first week August. I am still curious what changes/addendum of feature they have done to the weapon. Once I get the Pistol I will share pictures.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:08 pm

‘Validity to purchase’ which is more commonly known as PP (Permission to purchase) can be for two years. How much time was granted to you ?
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Vineetji, in my district it is 3 months with option to extend once for 3 months i.e. 6 months max.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:54 am

Vineet wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:08 pm
‘Validity to purchase’ which is more commonly known as PP (Permission to purchase) can be for two years. How much time was granted to you ?
Vineet,
Gujarat Arms rules and "how things work here" are very different than other states, I live in Rajkot and normally most of the license granted are via the CP (Commissioner of Police), Recently many of my friends had just got 2 months to purchase a new weapon from the ORDER dated and from the signed copy of deletion of firearm.

I am a media personnel and have got good terms with the CP, on my special request 6 months time was granted on a special occasion. I sold my firearm in February, Failure to purchase counts as terminating of the order and the License.

You said 2 years time is given to purchase a new weapon, True but that is only given when your license is fresh, When I got my license years back I was given 2 years to purchase a new weapon, the reason being that you are a newer license holder and might take time to decide the bore you want to go for and then after which weapon you want to purchase, so in Rajkot, I also got 2 years to purchase a new weapon which was the case when I applied for the license and was granted the license.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:05 pm

As per rules, PP can be two years plus one year more extension. So total three years. In my district two years PP is granted.
IMG_0535.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:51 pm

VineetJi, Your screenshot of rules just proved my point.

Nonetheless, I'll explain, and again the rules might vary, The screenshot you shared says it all, The PP subsequent to the granting of license, which means that when you granted your license that time you get 2 years of PP, the word "subsequent" means right after, so right after your get your fresh license or a new one if you will, that time you get the PP of 2 years which is also the case in my state.

I was also granted time of 2 years of PP when I was granted the arms licence for the first time.

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:31 pm

Jadeja, can you please update the status???

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:58 pm

Ashok raju wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:31 pm
Its been 78 days since my booking, I was promised the delivery in 45 days.

Mr Lokesh who I suppose is the father of Ankush who has designed the pistols and all other weapons and also owns the Astr company was the one I was in constant communication, now they have assigned a Gujarat based dealer, but still I am not satisified with their response and how they couldnt deliver on time. He gave a very unreasonable and silly excuse of Karnataka floods and how DM is busy in the contingency, but its been time since the floods.

Due to their irresponsible behaviour and work ethics I had to deal with the hectic and time consuming process of asking extension to purchase a weapon from the Commissioner of Police, As 15/08 is the last date and I don't think its their caliber to deliver in time. Lets see, I will only wait till the month end.

I will definitely be aggravated if it takes more time, I have given the ultimatum of August end after which I will take legal action, complaint in the consumer forum, DRDO and my defence contacts.

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:36 pm

Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:58 pm
Ashok raju wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:31 pm
Its been 78 days since my booking, I was promised the delivery in 45 days.

Mr Lokesh who I suppose is the father of Ankush who has designed the pistols and all other weapons and also owns the Astr company was the one I was in constant communication, now they have assigned a Gujarat based dealer, but still I am not satisified with their response and how they couldnt deliver on time. He gave a very unreasonable and silly excuse of Karnataka floods and how DM is busy in the contingency, but its been time since the floods.

Due to their irresponsible behaviour and work ethics I had to deal with the hectic and time consuming process of asking extension to purchase a weapon from the Commissioner of Police, As 15/08 is the last date and I don't think its their caliber to deliver in time. Lets see, I will only wait till the month end.

I will definitely be aggravated if it takes more time, I have given the ultimatum of August end after which I will take legal action, complaint in the consumer forum, DRDO and my defence contacts.
It's unprofessional.... Let's wait and see ....