MY ASTR ATAL 32X BOOKING UPDATE

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: MY ASTR ATAL 32X BOOKING UPDATE

Post by partheus » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:31 pm

While Astr's responses are definitely not done, can't you go with a pistol that's already on the shelf rather than wait for the Atal to show up? The 5000 deposit doesn't seem to justify the threat of having your license cancelled and what you're going through, given what we pay for firearms anyways. There's no guarantee you'll get the gun by the end of August. As one member pointed out, the delay could be as long as November. In the eventuality the pistol does reach you, it's still going to be a new, untested product which has been designed from scratch rather than based on a proven model like the 1911. My suggestion - go with a second hand gun or one from Malhotra or Webley. Wait for the Atal to spend an year or two in the market, provided it reaches the dealers at all. If it lives up to the hype, you can always switch later.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aras214u
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aras214u » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:11 pm

I had also booked the atal pistolThey whr fooling me also I had requested them to refund my booking amount. Now no response from them felt cheated

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:27 pm

partheus wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:31 pm
While Astr's responses are definitely not done, can't you go with a pistol that's already on the shelf rather than wait for the Atal to show up? The 5000 deposit doesn't seem to justify the threat of having your license cancelled and what you're going through, given what we pay for firearms anyways. There's no guarantee you'll get the gun by the end of August. As one member pointed out, the delay could be as long as November. In the eventuality the pistol does reach you, it's still going to be a new, untested product which has been designed from scratch rather than based on a proven model like the 1911. My suggestion - go with a second hand gun or one from Malhotra or Webley. Wait for the Atal to spend an year or two in the market, provided it reaches the dealers at all. If it lives up to the hype, you can always switch later.
Its not about the 5000 deposit and I am not risking getting my license cancelled, I have already done the process of requesting extension for the validity to purchase a weapon, Also I have had a word with local dealer, the process of TL and NOC do take time given our government offices but they should preach o n their commitments.

Also I do not want to go for purchasing another weapon, then searching for someone to purchase my weapon and the newer online process is very time consuming and hectic, Online purchase wouldve been very conveniant if one would not be expected to pay chalans but that process remains and not online so whats the point.

I am well aware of all guns but somehow I like the Atal Pistol and also I am in no mood to repeat lengthy, time consuming and hectic process.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:30 pm

aras214u wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:11 pm
I had also booked the atal pistolThey whr fooling me also I had requested them to refund my booking amount. Now no response from them felt cheated
Do let me know, I know the owner and Director of the company also ask for the assigned local dealer he will help with refund.

Moreover keep mailing and calli g the company, they do recieve calls on time.

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:39 pm

Hi Jadeja,

How are you doing... any update on your booking....

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:36 am

Ashok raju wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:39 pm
Hi Jadeja,

Hi
doing good
They have assigned a GUjarat based dealer as I mentioned earlier.
Recently they asked me for a full payment which I paid right away, The dealer said that they will dispatch the pistol this week.

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm

what is the cost including GST

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:48 am

casual shooter wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:15 pm
what is the cost including GST
1,49,000 (plus GST & Dealer price)

2,00,000 inclusive of GST and dealer

Confirm with company, They are not ready with weapons, Last i checked they were Coating the weapon and metal treatment was going on as per their update, God knows what they are upto. They told me that the treatment and coating and finishing touches will get over this weeken. I would not be surprised if they delay it too.

First they gave excuses of govt. TL/NOC prior to giving excuses of floods and then now latest excuse of coating is going.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:53 am

Ashok raju wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:39 pm
Hi Jadeja,

LIST OF EXCUSES GIVEN BY THE ASTR COMPANY

1) TL/NOC PENDING
2) DEALER FORMALITIES PENDING
3) KARNATAKA FLOODS
4) ADDING MORE FEATURES TO THE WEAPON
5) SHORTAGE OF STAFF
6) FINAL TOUCHES AND COATING
7) DM/COLLECTORATE DELAY
8.) GOVT. HOLIDAYS
9) FIRST LOTT WILL BE GIVEN TO BIGGER STATES
ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.

PS: I AM WAITING FOR THE WEAPON SINCE "22ND MAY" 5 MONTHS AND COUNTING
IMAGINE WHAT A CUSTOMER HAS TO GO THROUGH

Shadmohammed
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shadmohammed » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:12 pm

same story with cmtpl glock for last 5 yrs

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:41 am

Shadmohammed wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:12 pm
same story with cmtpl glock for last 5 yrs
CMPTL is still complying and currently having problems with govt. with regards to formalities..
Whereas Astr is actively branding and marketing....

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:19 pm

They are accumulating the advanced amount in this fashion and putting it to their use in order to avoid interest rates they'd have to shell out if the finance is arranged from banks or similar institutions. Not unlike builders, in my opinion. Not fair anyways.

Marksman

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 pm

Looks like all of these companies gave the order to same guy in munger and he is overloded ROTFL
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:32 pm

marksman wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:19 pm
They are accumulating the advanced amount in this fashion and putting it to their use in order to avoid interest rates they'd have to shell out if the finance is arranged from banks or similar institutions. Not unlike builders, in my opinion. Not fair anyways.

Marksman
I don't think thats the point that they are accumulating but some people like me who have been asked by the assigned dealer to pay the full, have paid the amount in its entirety.

I have paid the full amount recently on dealer's request. Even if they are of the intention youre talking, how many customers are there who have paid 5000 deposit. I don;t think the 5000 from lets assume 500 potential customer could be of substantial help in buying high end CNC machines and paying wages to machine operators. but again its a wild wild country.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:16 pm

The private arms manufacturing market in India is still at a very nascent stage. It might take a few years to mature. Till then its best to stick to IOF imho.