Victor Pistol - Polymer Striker Fired 32ACP

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Victor Pistol - Polymer Striker Fired 32ACP

Post by mohshar » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:39 pm

casual shooter wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:20 pm
mohshar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:20 pm
Greetings IFG Members,

I am glad to share the Werywin Defence Victor Pistol in 32ACP caliber, it is a compact size polymer frame striker fired pistol in 32 ACP Caliber with 15+1 capacity. We were developing this since past couple of years and had to make a lot of changes in standard striker fired design to accommodate the low powered 32 ACP caliber. The lightening cuts on the slide are very evident due to 32 caliber needing light weight.

Finally the design is tested with more than 4000 rounds so far and performing well with variety of 32 ammunition. The launch will shortly be done on our website in few days alongside other Smith and Wesson product lines. The approximate price of Victor 32 Pistol will be about 1,70,000 + Taxes.

Pardon my absence for a long time, the business had kept me occupied.

Suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Mohit Sharma
Co-Founder
Werywin Defence Private limited
One quick question : Is the .32 Revolver S&W origin or your own reserch product as it has S&W branding
regards
The S&W 32 revolver is designed by Smith and Wesson in the United States, it was in production for the US market with the model number 431PD and later discontinued in 2007 by S&W. Werywin & Smith and Wesson has revived the model 431PD for India market due to popularity and availability of 32 caliber in India.

Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

For Advertising mail webmaster
Aminprl@
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aminprl@ » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:14 pm

Can a civilian(not renound shooter) import s&w .32 revolver to kolkata?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:07 pm

Aminprl@ wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:14 pm
Can a civilian(not renound shooter) import s&w .32 revolver to kolkata?
No
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:24 pm

mohshar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:47 pm
No delays expected so far. Expression of interest to open with the website in few days and deliveries planned by end of this year.

Mohit
You guys are importing the frames and owner of Webley India knows this. He will surely complain against you as he complained against Glock India and I fear your case will be same as Glock in India.

Keep your paper work ready so that you can fight the case. Best of luck and I hope we gun lovers gets imported like weapons in India.
Vineet Armoury

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:01 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:24 pm
mohshar wrote:
No delays expected so far. Expression of interest to open with the website in few days and deliveries planned by end of this year.

Mohit
You guys are importing the frames and owner of Webley India knows this. He will surely complain against you as he complained against Glock India and I fear your case will be same as Glock in India.

Keep your paper work ready so that you can fight the case. Best of luck and I hope we gun lovers gets imported like weapons in India.
IF THIS IS THE CASE.
It is specifically mentioned that The manufacturer is required to have form X license if they have used any "IMPORTED PART" licensable under the extant Act and rules, In Addition such manufacturers should also be in possession of Form I license and Form VII.

MORE IMPORTANTLY THE ONLY POINT WHICH WAS A SHOCKER FOR ME TOO, INDIAN GOVT. DO NOT ACCEPT THE CIP STANDARD TEST REPORTS WHICH is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms ESPECIALLY SMALL FIREARMS. Many countries follow these standard reports.

On the contrary, weapons proof tested by INDIAN ORDINANCE AND ITS FACILITY ARE "ONLY ACCEPTED" in accordance to the Arms rules, India.

I would really love to see S&W, Glock, CZ to enter Indian markets but only time will tell whether our dreams would come true or not due to very strict rules

yes.sir98
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yes.sir98 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:23 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:24 pm
mohshar wrote:

Mohit

Webley Owners seem to be hell bent on cornering the market through unscrupulous means by using legal loopholes.

Sad.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:31 am

@Vineet - Thanks for your concern, Our paperwork is all sorted. Every quarter thousands of arms and ammunition components land in India and cleared subject to all documents in order, that's how you are seeing 45 ammunition, Arms Rules, 2016 remains the same for everybody.

@Pritipalsinh.jadega - Thanks for sharing it on the forum and spreading awareness, we are aware of these requirements.

@yes.sir & fellow IFGians - We have always remained positive throughout our journey at Werywin and nothing is going to change that

Regards,
Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:17 am

Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:01 pm
IF THIS IS THE CASE.
It is specifically mentioned that The manufacturer is required to have form X license if they have used any "IMPORTED PART" licensable under the extant Act and rules, In Addition such manufacturers should also be in possession of Form I license and Form VII.

MORE IMPORTANTLY THE ONLY POINT WHICH WAS A SHOCKER FOR ME TOO, INDIAN GOVT. DO NOT ACCEPT THE CIP STANDARD TEST REPORTS WHICH is an international organisation which sets standards for safety testing of firearms ESPECIALLY SMALL FIREARMS. Many countries follow these standard reports.

On the contrary, weapons proof tested by INDIAN ORDINANCE AND ITS FACILITY ARE "ONLY ACCEPTED" in accordance to the Arms rules, India.

I would really love to see S&W, Glock, CZ to enter Indian markets but only time will tell whether our dreams would come true or not due to very strict rules
Is there a different set of rules for private and government firearms as far as how much foreign content goes into them?

If memory serves, CMT has been selling firearms to government agencies without any issues for the past few years. The latest news I could find on the matter was the following tweet where they sold some 80 smgs to the UP police. So, are firearms intended for civilian markets being singled out here?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:44 am

mohshar wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:31 am
@Vineet - Thanks for your concern, Our paperwork is all sorted. Every quarter thousands of arms and ammunition components land in India and cleared subject to all documents in order, that's how you are seeing 45 ammunition, Arms Rules, 2016 remains the same for everybody.
Regards,
Mohit
Below is message received on WhatsApp by me from Mr. Sail, owner of Webley India

Sir,

Reference your mails on the above mentioned subject. It is intimated that appropriate action has been taken on the representations submitted by you. No import licence has been issued under Arms Act/rules by this Department.

2. Further import licences have been issued by DDP only under FTDR Act in accordance with powers delegated by DGFT to DDP.

regards

Sanjay Kumar
Under Secretary(EPC)
Vineet Armoury

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 am

partheus wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:17 am
Is there a different set of rules for private and government firearms as far as how much foreign content goes into them?
Import for defence forces is allowed and not allowed for civilians.
Vineet Armoury

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:07 am

Vineet wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 am
partheus wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:17 am
Import for defence forces is allowed and not allowed for civilians.
Thanks. Just looked up FTDR. Learn something new every day :)

Sharing the draft here in case anyone may wish to read it - https://www.ddpmod.gov.in/sites/default ... sation.pdf

Hypothetically, what might a manufacturer have to do to pull off a foreign collaboration here? Make the entire piece from start to finish within India?

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:49 pm

partheus wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:07 am

Thanks. Just looked up FTDR. Learn something new every day :)

Sharing the draft here in case anyone may wish to read it - https://www.ddpmod.gov.in/sites/default ... sation.pdf

Hypothetically, what might a manufacturer have to do to pull off a foreign collaboration here? Make the entire piece from start to finish within India?
Category 2 mentions " fitment into a system"

jitsingh1977
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jitsingh1977 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:10 am

Mohit ji,
I was expecting price bit lower than you quoted, it's my personal thinking that if you need to win, survive or to stay longer in market then you have to start well, starting with .32 caliber and with higher price is not wise decision in today's market trends,

pawan1981
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pawan1981 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:54 pm

mohshar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:20 pm
Greetings IFG Members,

I am glad to share the Werywin Defence Victor Pistol in 32ACP caliber, it is a compact size polymer frame striker fired pistol in 32 ACP Caliber with 15+1 capacity. We were developing this since past couple of years and had to make a lot of changes in standard striker fired design to accommodate the low powered 32 ACP caliber. The lightening cuts on the slide are very evident due to 32 caliber needing light weight.

Finally the design is tested with more than 4000 rounds so far and performing well with variety of 32 ammunition. The launch will shortly be done on our website in few days alongside other Smith and Wesson product lines. The approximate price of Victor 32 Pistol will be about 1,70,000 + Taxes.

Pardon my absence for a long time, the business had kept me occupied.

Suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Mohit Sharma
Co-Founder
Werywin Defence Private limited

Sir where is the launch? will it happen or not