Holster for Star pistols

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Holster for Star pistols

Post by timmy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:36 am

A short time ago, I ordered a holster for my Norinco 213 from a seller on Ebay. It is this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/OIwAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

It is advertised as "Belt Holster for Tokarev, Zastava M57, Romanian TTC, Norinco M213" and looked quite nice to me for the price, so I ordered it. I haven't bought anything from Russia before, but the price was low enough that I figured I could take the risk. The seller wrote back right after I placed the order and told me that, with COVID and all, it would be a time coming, but I accepted that and we went ahead with the deal. After some time, the holster came, and it is quite nicely made. The forming does fit the pistol like a glove. The stitching was all very even and where it was supposed to be. The cut of the leather also looked quite nice, as did the finish.

Compared to a holster like a Galco or Bianchi, the leather is a bit thinner, but holsters made by those companies and others generally run 2x to 3x what I paid for this one. So, I will say that I do expect this holster to perform well for me (I have worn it under my coat on walks to the park to try it out) and it is quite comfortable.

I mention this so that anyone looking for a holster for their Star pistol might consider this option -- it could work out well for you, too.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Holster for Star pistols

Post by Vineet » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:00 pm

I own this https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/OIwAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg and Galco too. The problem with first one is that it is open muzzle as a result dust goes into the barrel and there is no strap to keep the pistol from falling if you were to run, tumble down etc.

The Galco is closed muzzle end and there is strap to keep the pistol from falling but the problem with Galco is that it is over all bigger in size as compared to the first one and there little difficult to carry.

I edc carry my Chinese tokarev in the first holster.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 am

My Galco Royal Guardsman IWB holster is the nicest one, and the most expensive one I own. (It is meant for a Walther PP, but I use it for my CZ 70.) It is also open at the bottom and has no retention strap.

My Bianchi belt holster for my 1911 has a retention strap, but is open at the bottom.

My Bianchi IWB holster for my Detective Special is also open at the bottom, and has no retention strap.

My Smith & Wesson belt holster for my Ruger 45 Colt Blackhawk is open at the bottom, with a retention strap.

I have a cheap nylon pancake holster that I used for my Nornico; it is closed at the bottom with a thumb strap.

I have the military issue holsters for my 1911 and CZ 52, both of which are flap holsters and closed at the bottom.

My shoulder holster for the Ruger Blackhawk is closed at the bottom, but is a break front with spring retention.

I guess that there are all sorts of holsters of all sorts of designs, for all sorts of uses.

But I do note that some of my more expensive holsters are open at the bottom, and not all have retention straps.

I forgot: I do have a fancy tooled "Western style" belt and holster from Mexico, and it is open at the bottom, too.

Harry S. Truman

Ambi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Ambi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 am

Timmy sir, how about posting a picture of your gun-collection, without & with holsters?

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:59 am

Ambi, things are unfortunately not like they were ten or more years ago, and various issues are more in dispute than they used to be.

Maybe, someday, I will get around to fulfilling your request.

Harry S. Truman

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:01 am

My equipment is all meant for competition use but I do often try to use and compete with equipment that doesn’t look like it’s from Star Trek. OWB Leather holsters without a latch and an open bottom is my preferred holster.

I’ve been looking for a OWB for my S&W 686. Will check eBay for the seller - thanks for sharing Timmy.

P.s - I hope that day comes soon!

Regards
SS