About Sheikh Arms and 2 new model Raptor and Ranger

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: About Sheikh Arms and 2 new model Raptor and Ranger

Post by partheus » Fri May 08, 2020 4:58 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 pm
partheus wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 pm
It's actually kind of silly how major firearms manufacturers have been ignoring the Indian market for so long. There is HUGE demand here and with the whole Make in India thing in full swing, the early movers will stand to reap rich rewards. Glock is the only major company I know of that is offering great products to civilians in countries with PB/NPB legalities. So, there's a very good chance they will come out with 380s and 357s soon. But, I do agree it's best we don't hold our breath and wait till we have something more concrete like dealers with the actual products.
Many famous gun big concern NOT interesting indian civil market :D
2 model Glock in 2 calibers? really? Glock making 150 pistols in many different calibers
Indian civil market its NOTHING for company like Glock
If companies started abandoning markets just because they perceived each one of them to be too small to be worth their time, then they won't be around for much long. Most of the time, it's the cumulative affect of all of a company's sales that makes the difference. No doubt Brazil and India won't account for the same number of sales for Glock than, say, USA. But, combine the sales of small, irrelevant markets like countries in Asia, Latin Americas and Europe and suddenly you're looking at a huge opportunity.

For Advertising mail webmaster
russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Fri May 08, 2020 5:07 pm

My opinion - NO Glock on civil market in India :mrgreen:

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:27 am
It is going to happen for sure . Have spoken to them .
So What calibers are they offering for civilians?

Which models of Glock are on offer?
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 pm

They told me .380 is sure ,rest they have not decided .mostly 357 also is going to come .

MAGNUM
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by MAGNUM » Fri May 08, 2020 10:36 pm

:cheers:

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

.380 caliber good for self defence

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:52 pm

About models in 380
I think its 3 model Glock 25 Glock 28 Glock 42

Basic its special version pistols for Mexico

Glock 25
Image Image Image

Glock 28
Image Image Image

Glock 42
Image Image Image

In Espanol some info from Mexico

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sat May 09, 2020 1:51 pm

They will launch .380 in model glock-42 first i guess .
I asked them about the price they said will be around 1 to 1.5 lakh .

When i spoke to them they said that clearances is only remaining from central government, rest all the pistol are ready to sell and there will be Waiting period of 1 to 1.5 months .
99556 99556 glock india . Keep on trying this no ,spoke to them twice on this no .

Mostly it is switched off , but once in a while it is operation for 1-2 days keep checking on wats app .

Once you speak to the guy he will give you clear picture .
Let the members also know if you get any new information.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:48 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:51 pm
They will launch .380 in model glock-42 first i guess .
I asked them about the price they said will be around 1 to 1.5 lakh .

When i spoke to them they said that clearances is only remaining from central government, rest all the pistol are ready to sell and there will be Waiting period of 1 to 1.5 months .
99556 99556 glock india . Keep on trying this no ,spoke to them twice on this no .

Mostly it is switched off , but once in a while it is operation for 1-2 days keep checking on wats app .

Once you speak to the guy he will give you clear picture .
Let the members also know if you get any new information.
150 000 rupees for Glock 42 = 2000 USD for Glock 42 ITS IMPRESSIVE VERY IMPRESSIVE

In Mexico Glock 42 12500 pesos = 500 USD :D (y) and mexican said its very high price
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 am

russianshooter3 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 pm
partheus wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 pm
It's actually kind of silly how major firearms manufacturers have been ignoring the Indian market for so long. There is HUGE demand here and with the whole Make in India thing in full swing, the early movers will stand to reap rich rewards. Glock is the only major company I know of that is offering great products to civilians in countries with PB/NPB legalities. So, there's a very good chance they will come out with 380s and 357s soon. But, I do agree it's best we don't hold our breath and wait till we have something more concrete like dealers with the actual products.
Many famous gun big concern NOT interesting indian civil market :D
2 model Glock in 2 calibers? really? Glock making 150 pistols in many different calibers
Indian civil market its NOTHING for company like Glock
Yes. big arms producers like Colt,S&W Glock etc will not step into the civilian market in India because India has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
You’ve been in this forum a while and I guess you know the state of civilian arms ownership ?
Indian civil market may be nothing for Glock, they made enough money selling their pistols to the Defense forces. The fact that they’re coming /considering the civilian market 1 model or 2, is enough to open the floodgates.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:44 am

As russian shooter had told us abt the high margins companies like glock would get if they come toh india, the strict gun laws wouldn't be a problem for them......
In mexico 500 USD is expensive for a glock, whereas here in india 2000USD is a fair price acc. To weapons availability in india rght now, so if they can sell the same thing for 4x price they would definitely enter the market
Yeh due toh less quantity being sold, they would have only a few service centers, nd dealership will need time of a month or two, to get the order delivered to us,
But we had waited for years, a few weeks won't hurt, knowing we had booked an international level pistol instead of iof bullshit( sorry but it is, what it is)
If glock comes to india every pistol owner will buy it sooner or later, as it will make ashani look like a toy gun

GurnaniM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GurnaniM » Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 pm

keeping fingers crossed whenever glock does become available here i think products like this will be in good demand too considering the popular mindset in the Indian context

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:00 pm

Ayush_3005 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:44 am
As russian shooter had told us abt the high margins companies like glock would get if they come toh india, the strict gun laws wouldn't be a problem for them......
In mexico 500 USD is expensive for a glock, whereas here in india 2000USD is a fair price acc. To weapons availability in india rght now, so if they can sell the same thing for 4x price they would definitely enter the market
Yeh due toh less quantity being sold, they would have only a few service centers, nd dealership will need time of a month or two, to get the order delivered to us,
But we had waited for years, a few weeks won't hurt, knowing we had booked an international level pistol instead of iof bullshit( sorry but it is, what it is)
If glock comes to india every pistol owner will buy it sooner or later, as it will make ashani look like a toy gun
Good reason start making pistol like Makarov in 2 version 8 round and 12 round (PMM)
Plus
1 Construction like AK, all steel no plastic, fantastic weapon reliability

2 Have modern version this pistol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

3 Very very low price (y)

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon May 11, 2020 4:24 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:00 pm
Ayush_3005 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:44 am
Good reason start making pistol like Makarov in 2 version 8 round and 12 round (PMM)
Plus
1 Construction like AK, all steel no plastic, fantastic weapon reliability

2 Have modern version this pistol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

3 Very very low price (y)
Since you have business experience and are into firearms import/export, why not try and start a local partnership to make/assemble and sell Russian weapons here in India? :)

One thing I would be interested in finding out is the difference between make in India and assemble in India. As it turns out, manufacturers don't absolutely have to make every part in India to setup shop here, they can also assemble knocked down kits for either local or international markets. If weapons manufacturing falls under assemble in India initiative, then it will take the edge off setting up a local facility and will also speed things up.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:02 pm

partheus wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:24 pm
One thing I would be interested in finding out is the difference between make in India and assemble in India. As it turns out, manufacturers don't absolutely have to make every part in India to setup shop here, they can also assemble knocked down kits for either local or international markets. If weapons manufacturing falls under assemble in India initiative, then it will take the edge off setting up a local facility and will also speed things up.
Sir for make weapon need many parameters for partners

a) Need money
Money its not 10-20000 USD its 3 000 000 USD and UP
Because if you start making copy Makarov with russian partners
1 - license fee
2 - need buy many metalworking machines and cartridge line machines (cases and bullet no problem its easy buy in Russia on cartridge plant like Tula - 10 000 000 pcs ,but primer and powder its problem)
Have powder plant in India? Only IOF i think!
In India produced only 32 ACP cartridge for automatic pistols, no 380 ACP no 9x18 Makarov and need making ammo too
3 - Need weapon test range, sheltered warehouse for storage of 5-10 tons of gunpowder (i think you understand if its bang its be very very big bang) and some other specific buildings

For me partners its not only people who signs documents...

If start making this without point 1 - you automatic have problem with one of the biggest gun concern in a World, if you government its not problem ,if you private person - "Run Forest! Run"

I have no partners in India whom I could trust!

b) I know a lot about the crazy bureaucracy in India and the same crazy corruption, it also stops me from taking this step!
HAVE NO RULES ON MARKET!

Any questions?

if start "assembled in India" gun kits its ok, but gun kit its NOT gun, need metalworking machines again! for drilling barrel and other operations