Are pistol muzzle brakes exempt from import ban?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Are pistol muzzle brakes exempt from import ban?

Post by partheus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine recently just got a Glock with a threaded barrel on a status import a while back and had asked me on whether it was possible to get hold of a muzzle bake here. I already know it's next to impossible to find one in the local market but can these be imported? His local gun dealer didn't know much on the matter so, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Are pistol muzzle brakes exempt from import ban?

Post by Vineet » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Arms act doesn't say anything about muzzle brake but the Arms Act says that we need license for flash hider and silencers.

Because muzzle brakes are similar in appearance to the flash hider, you can land in trouble.

Exact words of Arms Act are that license is needed for "Accessories for any firearms designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by the firing"
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks, Vineet. So, technically there's nothing against muzzle brakes but looks may land my pal behind bars? I am trying to imagine what his reaction will be to this :lol: By the by, does the exemption also mean muzzle bakes can be ordered online or through dealers?

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 pm

I know a guy who has attached a muzzle brake to his IOF .30-06 Rifle. He acquired it from Chandigarh. I can't say anything about pistol attachments.

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 pm

partheus wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 pm
Thanks, Vineet. So, technically there's nothing against muzzle brakes but looks may land my pal behind bars? I am trying to imagine what his reaction will be to this :lol: By the by, does the exemption also mean muzzle bakes can be ordered online or through dealers?
Gun parts are under restricted category of imports, you will need an import license to get this in - not worth the trouble IMHO.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein