A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sbhritwal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by Sbhritwal » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Anybody suggest me please b/w .357 sig and .40 s&w. Is glock going to manufacture them in India or import them from elsewhere. What will be the cost of these ammos if they are manufactured in India as compared to now. It will help me in selection of the handgun. Anybody please?

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 pm
Its a human psychology, we try to deny the reality if it is damaging us beyond our expectations. We need to have sympathy with such sufferers.
You surely look like being hyper. People are just posting their views here. If we start getting a GLOCK in India that's great for everyone.
If your views are directed towards arms dealers then they are only a part of the whole ecosystem. I don't think it's a good idea to gloat over the fact that they will be losing money. We all hear about the insane amounts of money dealer charged for some XYZ pieces but how many such deals happen for an average dealer per year?
I have seen arms dealers in Prayagraj open up some other businesses to sustain themselves.
Most of the dealers are just making their ends meet. We should refrain ourselves from branding the whole community as someone who are just minting money. That's my two cents. Apologies if you feel bad about it.
Pranjal

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:48 pm

@ Pran80,
Brother I am not feeling bad. I never mentioned anything about dealers. There was no discussion about dealers making unrealistic profits. Its your comment which may take discussion in this direction. We are only discussing the possibilities or no possibilities of getting glock by civilians in India. Yes I do feel some members are having some unnecessary doubts in their minds and I am trying to clear them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 am

@drameenkitekar Prabhu ji,
You were sitting at this hour to reply to my tweet.😀 . Looks like I misconstrued your reply to Vineet, sorry for confusion.
Lets hope your dreams about owning a GLOCK materialises soon. I keep thinking about Vineet's reply on what will happen to IOF handguns once people get access to GLOCKs. I for one cannot afford to sell my revolver for a pittance cos it is a big amount for me in order to graduate to a better stuff. Don't know how many people will be having the same diallema once the access to the non IOF stuff happens.
Regards,
Pranjal Tripathi

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:10 am

pran80 wrote:@drameenkitekar Prabhu ji,
You were sitting at this hour to reply to my tweet.[emoji3] . Looks like I misconstrued your reply to Vineet, sorry for confusion.
Lets hope your dreams about owning a GLOCK materialises soon. I keep thinking about Vineet's reply on what will happen to IOF handguns once people get access to GLOCKs. I for one cannot afford to sell my revolver for a pittance cos it is a big amount for me in order to graduate to a better stuff. Don't know how many people will be having the same diallema once the access to the non IOF stuff happens.
Regards,
Pranjal Tripathi
Brother be happy, whatever will happen will happen for the best. [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am

I have been asking the same question for a long time. Is there any Polymer Pistol Manufacturing line in India, setup by anyone?

Glock made in India, IMHO will take a long time, if they have just been granted a license, it will be months if not a year, before they can bring in machinery. Setup etc etc.

If they assemble in the meanwhile,I think that is fair. Even when they will manufacture, there will be limitation in terms of models. But with assembly they can offer more models.

Lets see what comes of it. I believe Taurus is also tied up with someone in India? I hear rumors that Beretta will also be manufacturing in India.

Time MHA thinks about opening up licenses, especially for women.

Regards,
P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am

How does it matter if its assembled here or manufactured from ground up?

As long as I legally get a working pistol with Glock reliability, who give a flying rats A$$ where it comes from
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am
How does it matter if its assembled here or manufactured from ground up?

As long as I legally get a working pistol with Glock reliability, who give a flying rats A$$ where it comes from
I completely agree it does not matter. What bother's me is the whole pretence of Made in India. If it is assembled its assembled! and Frankly initially the assembled will be way better to have than made in india. It takes time to setup an operational plant, get QC in place, etc etc

Just want manufacturers to stop giving out misleading information. There is no reason! As consumers we are more than happy with Assembled in India!!

Regards
P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

drag73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drag73 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:27 pm

They may start with knocked down kits and slowly build up manufacturing capabilities and local outsourcing just like imported cars like Mercedes or many others. But one thing I know about GLOCK is their obsession with quality. They will never put their logo on a gun unless they are 100% sure about the quality. Thats how they beat some of the biggest USA arms makers in their own country. Quality and reliability. Just because it is going to be made or assembled in India will not make it any inferior.
I also welcome others views, vineet please express yourself also, we may learn from you.

lasershark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lasershark » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 pm

drag73 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:27 pm
They may start with knocked down kits and slowly build up manufacturing capabilities and local outsourcing just like imported cars like Mercedes or many others. But one thing I know about GLOCK is their obsession with quality. They will never put their logo on a gun unless they are 100% sure about the quality. Thats how they beat some of the biggest USA arms makers in their own country. Quality and reliability. Just because it is going to be made or assembled in India will not make it any inferior.
I also welcome others views, vineet please express yourself also, we may learn from you.
Rightly said. :agree:

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 pm

All,

I reached out to Glock through my contacts in EU (I’m based here). I’ve exchanged a few emails with the rep and a snapshot of the relevant part is attached. This sounds positive, will keep digging more but this should suffice for now.

E0AD8B5B-BF19-4A2F-B431-3C2264677EE4.jpeg
CBDDA107-04D0-478E-948C-9AFD8F678512.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lasershark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lasershark » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:17 pm

That's great news. Official confirmation from Glock now!

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 pm

Regarding loss to gun shop owners, loss in business happens when there is sudden change in market. The news that private handguns may come is two years old news now. All dealers are making deals keeping this in mind.

Secondly, there are very few dealers in India who are only dependent on their gun shop to make out their living. Most dealers have gun shops as their side business.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 am

Vineet wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 pm
Regarding loss to gun shop owners, loss in business happens when there is sudden change in market. The news that private handguns may come is two years old news now. All dealers are making deals keeping this in mind.

Secondly, there are very few dealers in India who are only dependent on their gun shop to make out their living. Most dealers have gun shops as their side business.
Good to hear this brother,
Almighty God thinks about his creations much in sdvance and opens 10 doors when one door gets shut.
Brother guide us how dealers will be able to help all gun lovers in getting ammunition in real cheap price, who are planning to buy Glock in calibers like 380, 45, 40 and 357 sig.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:32 am

pistolero wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 am
If they assemble in the meanwhile,I think that is fair. Even when they will manufacture, there will be limitation in terms of models. But with assembly they can offer more models.
The companies can not import parts and assemble them in India. The license given to them on Form VII of Arms Rules 2016 is only to manufacture in India.

Other rules are:-
1. The company can import machinery.
2. The company will be given seven years time to setup their factory. This time can further be extended to three years.
3. The company will be allowed to manufacture cartridges as well and not only firearms.
4. There is limit to no. of weapons and cartridges they can manufacture and sell in one year. This limit is mentioned in their license. The limit can be increased by 15% each year.
5. The company can sell their products through gun shops.
6. 'Made in India' is compulsory to be mentioned on firearms.
7. Glock can hire expert workers of IOF factory.
8. Validity of the licensee company will be lifetime.
9. Point no. 7 was a joke.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.