.25 caliber or .32

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Post Reply
AryanK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

.25 caliber or .32

Post by AryanK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Hello

I have 2 questions and would really appreciate your inputs.

I have got a new arms license and looking at purchasing a pistol.

1. How is the .25 for stopping power? Is it good for self defence and shooting? I love the small size of it - Or should opt for .32?

2. Do you have any leads for dealers or resale in Mumbai?

Please give your feedback.

Regards - A

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 4640
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Vikram » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 am

My opinion is that a .22LR or .32 would be a lot better than the .25 in terms of Ammo availability, variety and range of models. Ballistically, very little difference between the .22LR and the .25ACP. I would choose a .32 if I were you. If not that, the .22LR gets my vote.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

User avatar
russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 am

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by russianshooter3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 am

.45 better!

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Vineet » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 am

AryanK wrote: 1. How is the .25 for stopping power? Is it good for self defence and shooting? I love the small size of it - Or should opt for .32?
The point is that smaller pistols (.25 acp here) are difficult to use. Their small size makes it difficult to grip the pistol, the little sights becomes difficult to use, it is difficult to have proper grip on small slide to rack it...etc etc

Go for .32 acp pistol. Most .32 are medium sized pistols, neither too small nor too big. The .32 acp cartridge is also better than .25 in terms of stopping power.

Added in 26 minutes 15 seconds:
Vikram wrote:My opinion is that a .22LR or .32 would be a lot better than the .25 in terms of Ammo availability, variety and range of models. Ballistically, very little difference between the .22LR and the .25ACP. I would choose a .32 if I were you. If not that, the .22LR gets my vote.
If I had to select between .22LR and .25 ACP for self defence, I would go for .25 because its center fire round and therefore more reliable.

Comparing ammo availability of the two, .25 ammo is easily available, specially in north India.

Comparing ammo variety between these two rounds, I believe one should use FMJ for self defence to achieve maximum penetration. Again .25 FMJ rounds are available.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

If only the stopping power is the concern then better go for .32. As Mr. Vineet rightly said most of .25 ACP is small pocket/conceal carry weapons.
Go for any Decent .32, if not imported then IOF with little modification will work fine.
Regards

Shivaji

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Vineet » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:And start dance (y) :D
Why do you post out of context.
Admin should take note of this and take action.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Jr.
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Jr. » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm

.32 ACP Pistol will be more expensive than than the .32 S&W Revolver.
If you are planning on an IOF, then I would suggest the Revolver.
Webley Revolver would be cheaper than a S&W or Colt.
A Snub-Nose is excellent for self defence and concealed carry.
If you have the money then go for a Pistol.
.25mm and .22mm Fire-Arms are cheaper alternatives.
I think .25 will be less expensive than a .22, in India.

Regards,
Jr.

AryanK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by AryanK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Thank you all for the very valuable feedback. Above helps a lot in my research.

ashwin2769
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by ashwin2769 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:12 pm

Can anyone suggest me 0.22 concealed carry pistol and where should i buy????

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

mhksmk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Mumbai

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by mhksmk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:34 am

AryanK wrote:Hello

I have 2 questions and would really appreciate your inputs.

I have got a new arms license and looking at purchasing a pistol.

1. How is the .25 for stopping power? Is it good for self defence and shooting? I love the small size of it - Or should opt for .32?

2. Do you have any leads for dealers or resale in Mumbai?

Please give your feedback.

Regards - A
Hi, I wanna sell my S&W .32 Rev if you’re interested. I’m located in Raigad.

shuklaak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 am

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by shuklaak » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 pm

mhksmk wrote:
AryanK wrote:Hello

I have 2 questions and would really appreciate your inputs.

I have got a new arms license and looking at purchasing a pistol.

1. How is the .25 for stopping power? Is it good for self defence and shooting? I love the small size of it - Or should opt for .32?

2. Do you have any leads for dealers or resale in Mumbai?

Please give your feedback.

Regards - A
Hi, I wanna sell my S&W .32 Rev if you’re interested. I’m located in Raigad.
Hi Sir. I m interested. pls pm me details

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:13 pm

ashwin2769 wrote:Can anyone suggest me 0.22 concealed carry pistol and where should i buy????

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
The CZ pistol model 45 in .25 acp is quite common in India and good for concealed carry. Price will be around 3 lacs.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by timmy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 pm

A 32 Auto is not considered a powerful cartridge, but it is much more powerful than a 25 Auto. For self-defense, a 32 Auto is much to be preferred.

Regarding a 22 LR, it is true that there isn't much to choose from when comparing its power with the 25 Auto. As Vineet points out, the centerfire primer of the 25 Auto makes it more reliable when you need to weapon to go BANG! when you pull the trigger.

Also, the 25 Auto cartridge feeds more reliably than a 22 LR cartridge, with its relatively large rim. This can be somewhat overcome by design, but the 25 Auto was designed by Browning for the purpose, whereas the 22 LR was not.

But again, the 32 Auto was also designed by Browning for a purpose, and it is generally 3x to 4x more powerful than 25 Auto (depending on barrel lengths). I think you are better off starting your search at 32 Autos. Just my opinion.
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by riflemarksman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Get the iof .32 revolver you also have choice to choose between two barrel lengths

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 744
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: .25 caliber or .32

Post by Vineet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:50 pm

riflemarksman wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 pm
Get the iof .32 revolver you also have choice to choose between two barrel lengths
Heavy trigger pull, throwing lead shavings from barrel/cylinder gap, poor quality .32 revolver cartridges from iof are some problems with iof revolver.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Post Reply