Teutonic Tupperware

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Teutonic Tupperware

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:39 am

I was reading about the Canik and found out that they are made in Turkey. Now I know how they manage to offer it at such a price. Turkish gun makers are making a lot of progress. I have to go to the local gun shops and see if I can find a few.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:04 am

AgentDoubleS wrote: How many rounds/times do you shoot before you clean your handguns?

Cheers
SS
Well it is surprising what modern guns will handle.
I've gone the whole season of steel shooting and only cleaned the Canik twice. Literally almost 3000 to 4000 rounds between cleaning. It still runs fine.

I also went about 1000 rounds between cleaning the S&W SW22 Victory but that pistol doesn't really get that dirty. One of the joys of stainless steel is that the crap just wipes off.

Keep in mind that what I do is steel at speed.
If I was shooting bullseye or other accuracy related sport, I would clean it more often

Added in 20 minutes 36 seconds:
Vikram wrote:I was reading about the Canik and found out that they are made in Turkey. Now I know how they manage to offer it at such a price. Turkish gun makers are making a lot of progress. I have to go to the local gun shops and see if I can find a few.
The nice thing about CNC machines today, is that they will give you a very precise product, no matter where in the world you are.
You don't even have to be a good machinist. Once programmed, all you have to do is press a button. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:19 pm

xl_target wrote:The nice thing about CNC machines today, is that they will give you a very precise product, no matter where in the world you are.
You don't even have to be a good machinist. Once programmed, all you have to do is press a button. :)
Agree.

They also came up with a Perazzi clone. Nice gun looking at it. I was looking at Dickinson AKA Akus shotguns. They too look super for the money.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."