First Privately Manufactured Handgun in India? -Check it Out!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: First Privately Manufactured Handgun in India? -Check it Out!

Post by pistolero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Can anyone confirm with Certainty, that Sheikh Arms have been authorized to sell to License Holders?

If so, has anyone on the forum, actually applied to buy from them and has been successful?

Would love some feedback from Sheikh Arms, if they are here on the Forum
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

For Advertising mail webmaster
dpdhaka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dpdhaka » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Yes i have confirmed that one gun dealer of my my area ordered for sheikh pistols .Delivary period is 6 months .He will import all the parts .and will sell by his name .

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:33 pm

They have been permission by Home department up to 5,000 or something pistols apart from revolvers but state goverment on report of local officials can reduce the limit but cannot prevent them manufaturing ,selling .Many dealers r trying to book orders.Seikh family expert one no doubt about it and they will be dominating gun industry soon .Another expert man is Narender Ahuja but unfortunately he has dealer licence a highly talented in weapons.He is based in Zirakpur has gun shop there.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm

dpdhaka wrote:Yes i have confirmed that one gun dealer of my my area ordered for sheikh pistols .Delivary period is 6 months .He will import all the parts .and will sell by his name .
This is even more interesting, he is importing parts! Not making them here in India, and he has actually received permissions for this!

I look forward to the pistol and if this is a new dawn of manufacturing in India, more power to them

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 am

Shotguns have been made for decades by private manufacturers, and we're yet to see a quality product that could hold up to say a month's skeet practice. I'm curious at the excitement a marketing flyer and a few conversations has generated. The flyer has 7.65mm written on the image of the pistol being advertised as a .22! So clearly we're no where close to the design and execution of the actual handguns.

I'll swim against the tide here and say that it is too early to celebrate. Even large volume produced handguns by manufactures of international repute tend to get teething issues in their handguns so excitement with caution is what I would advise.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:21 am

Hi AgentDoubleS

My curiosity lies more with the Administrative Process, I want to see whether it will eventually actually be possible for a Civilian License Holder,to register a Hand Gun or Rifle, made by a Private Entity other than IOFB.

Your point on Shotguns and Muzzle Loader manufacturing is well appreciated, and I am aware this has been happening for decades.

Its the small arms that intrigue. On Quality, well that is Sheikh Arms business. I just want to see the entire process happen. Manufacturing/Import to registration.

Regards,
-P

veerji006thakur
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by veerji006thakur » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:32 am

nothing is going to happen..
lazy OFB will go on strike if private players get sucess in this niche

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Im sure some government agency will test and prove this so called local made weapon

manishkumar1404
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manishkumar1404 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm

I have learned that the gun (DBBL) manufacturers in Munger are going to produce pump action SBBL. Matter pending in home ministry.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 am

As has been pointed out earlier,the images are just drawings. The bit about importing parts is pure nonsense . Just a way to justify the high price the fellow wants for his products. There is no worldwide universal parts bin that you buy and then just slap together the bits and ...'Voila! ...you have a pistol. Barrel,frame and slide are major components and various countries have various restrictions on their export.

5000 pistols is too small a number for a person to have a full fledged manufacturing facility. He will probably get the parts made from different local manufacturers and assemble them.

All said and done,it is a beginning and a welcome one at that.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:As has been pointed out earlier,the images are just drawings. The bit about importing parts is pure nonsense . Just a way to justify the high price the fellow wants for his products. There is no worldwide universal parts bin that you buy and then just slap together the bits and ...'Voila! ...you have a pistol. Barrel,frame and slide are major components and various countries have various restrictions on their export.

5000 pistols is too small a number for a person to have a full fledged manufacturing facility. He will probably get the parts made from different local manufacturers and assemble them.

All said and done,it is a beginning and a welcome one at that.
100% Agree.. Manufacturer has permission to manufacture but does that include permission to import as well say parts? Secondly what we know is from the pics from drawing board and hearsay. Cost will very much depend upon no of arms licence issued as well how much ppl would like to pay for locally manufactured weapon specially viewing it from the perspective of quality of locally manufactured shotguns.

All said and done,it is a beginning and a welcome one at that.. a good reliable quality small arm is welcome any day

Cheers
Biren

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Spoke to them. They haven't got any of the models ready to get a hands on review. Expected to launch them by July-August.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:20 pm

andy_65_in wrote:Im sure some government agency will test and prove this so called local made weapon
They have got private proof testing license also.

drkarthikm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drkarthikm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Looks good But why use Bond007 makes it look like a "Toy"

Elangovan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Elangovan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:10 pm

Sir isit true.Anybody have its photos.if so please share