berreta 1934 fake or original

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
styler
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

berreta 1934 fake or original

Post by styler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 am

hello everyone

have been reading a lot of discussions on the forum about berreta 1934, and have also heard that a lot of fakes are available in the market. i recently came across a berreta 1934 with a friend of mine. would request if with your knowledge someone can help me identify if its an original or a fake from dara/munger etc. the pistol is quite old and some tampering seems to be done on the outside. rest it works fine. shall be thankful for the help. posting pictures along.

regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: berreta 1934 fake or original

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 pm

STYLER.
With all respect I would like to tale you that From Outside View its looking a normal OLD Piece with Lot of Tempering but on Few Things I would Like to Draw your Attention. I am Attaching Few Pics Of Original Model. The Writing is quite Different on Left Side of slide and the Serial No is never Mentioned in right of Slide in any Model of 1934 as the way it is written in this piece. Though I am not saying its a fake Piece but Just you need to be sure that if there any work done on this gun where the gun smith has rewrite the whole things by himself. There are chances what I feel is as follows.

1. A Major work done on Slide and as a result the Writings were redone by the Gun smith ( Here one Question comes that then why the Serial No is Mentioned on Slide).
2.Work has done in the other parts of this gun too.Particularly on receiver.
3. The serial no is erased from right of Receiver and three digits were engraved on the left side of receiver start with 3.
4. If there is really so many changes as it differs from the original then there is also a fair chance of old fake piece when people ( before Net era) really not think of a gun can be faked.
5. Also as I said it can be a genuine piece with lot of work done. Your friend can tale you exact details.

Beretta 1934.jpg
beretta 1934-2.jpg
Beretta_34_(6825664724).jpg
beretta_m934_9mm_slide_complete.jpg
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Shivaji

styler
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by styler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:STYLER.
With all respect I would like to tale you that From Outside View its looking a normal OLD Piece with Lot of Tempering but on Few Things I would Like to Draw your Attention. I am Attaching Few Pics Of Original Model. The Writing is quite Different on Left Side of slide and the Serial No is never Mentioned in right of Slide in any Model of 1934 as the way it is written in this piece. Though I am not saying its a fake Piece but Just you need to be sure that if there any work done on this gun where the gun smith has rewrite the whole things by himself. There are chances what I feel is as follows.

1. A Major work done on Slide and as a result the Writings were redone by the Gun smith ( Here one Question comes that then why the Serial No is Mentioned on Slide).
2.Work has done in the other parts of this gun too.Particularly on receiver.
3. The serial no is erased from right of Receiver and three digits were engraved on the left side of receiver start with 3.
4. If there is really so many changes as it differs from the original then there is also a fair chance of old fake piece when people ( before Net era) really not think of a gun can be faked.
5. Also as I said it can be a genuine piece with lot of work done. Your friend can tale you exact details.

Beretta 1934.jpg
beretta 1934-2.jpg
Beretta_34_(6825664724).jpg
beretta_m934_9mm_slide_complete.jpg

Regards
thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. yes indeed a lot of tampering has been done, but my friend is convinced that its an original piece. but will still keep looking for more hints. if we go by make per se , this one looks identical to the pictures available on net. lets see if u i can dig and find something more about it.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:48 am

Styler
Can you Post some full Pics of Right side of the weapon if Possible.

regards
Regards

Shivaji

styler
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by styler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Styler

regards
Hi again

The engraving on left starting with 3 is not serial number. It seems the serial number has been re engraved on the right side on slide instead of reciever. Nothing much other than that on right side.

Regards

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 am

Looks like this pistol was salvaged from a major blast and reassembled by a drunken monkey. All my sympathies with the owner.

Marksman

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Styler

The pics you enclosed clearly witnessing about it's genuineness

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:02 am

styler wrote:
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Styler

regards
Hi again

The engraving on left starting with 3 is not serial number. It seems the serial number has been re engraved on the right side on slide instead of reciever. Nothing much other than that on right side.

Regards
Styler
then be sure the Receiver and Slide Both were changed if its a original. cant say about Muzzle and other parts. I don't want to hurt the feelings of your friend but its unlikely to be a genuine piece.
Regards
Regards

Shivaji