Pictures of IOF Mk3 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Pictures of IOF Mk3 revolver

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:51 pm

I bought a iof mk3 revolver in January this year. I had these pictures in my phone to share on ifg but just couldnt do it earlier.
I bought it for Rs 79k in Punjab. The asking price varies from 82k to 86k.
I was also given option between Mk3 and Mk4 .
I prefered mark3 for its sleek barrel looks. Otherwise i feel there is no major difference in quality. Input is welcomed on this point if some one has accurate knowledge.
Then i checked 4 or 5 pieces by dry firing and opening the revolver. I concluded on some pieces trigger was heavier then others. Same is true for opening it. Some revolver are hard to open then others and need more force.
The piece I picked was very smooth to open or pull trigger. So it varies from piece to piece or article to article. It comes in a plastic box with instruction manual and a free holster.
The revolver has a powder coating or black matte paint which also looks a slight cheap.
The finish quality of parts is not good but slightly better then Mk1 revolvers or earlier models. But gun bluing can solve that issue of looks.
As per my knowledge professionals charge around Rs 26000 for the same .
Without stretching this further i am sharing pictures.
The real purpose of my post is to provide pictures for those who want to have a detailed look at revolver before buying but could not find enough photos to satisfy the urge of a closer look.

Ajaybir Sandhu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ajaaybeer on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

For Advertising mail webmaster
sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Pictures of IOF Mk3 revolver

Post by sathvik » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Ajaaybeer wrote:I bought a iof mk3 revolver in January this year. I had these pictures in my phone to share on ifg but just couldnt do it earlier.
I bought it for Rs 79k in Punjab. The asking price varies from 82k to 86k.
I was also given option between Mk3 and Mk4 .
I prefered mark3 for its sleek barrel looks. Otherwise i feel there is no major difference in quality. Input is welcomed on this point if some one has accurate knowledge.
Then i checked 4 or 5 pieces by dry firing and opening the revolver. I concluded on some pieces trigger was heavier then others. Same is true for opening it. Some revolver are hard to open then others and need more force.
The piece I picked was very smooth to open or pull trigger. So it varies from piece to piece or article to article. It comes in a plastic box with instruction manual and a free holster.
The revolver has a powder coating or black matte paint which also looks a slight cheap.
The finish quality of parts is not good but slightly better then Mk1 revolvers or earlier models. But gun bluing can solve that issue of looks.
As per my knowledge professionals charge around Rs 26000 for the same .
Without stretching this further i am sharing pictures.

Ajaybir Sandhu
Never dry fire any weapons . That might harm gun or its part .
If the dealer is like me he might feel bad to see someone dry firing .
Instead of dry firing you might have fired 6 rounds from revolver by which you will get to know about timing of the indexing mechanism .

List of modification can be done
1) bluing
2) smoothening of double action trigger pull
3) modification of grips
4) making camoflaugh on external surface

Regards
SATHVIK

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

AryanK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AryanK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:59 am

Congratulations !! It’s a nice piece. As per my knowledge it does not matter to dry fire gun that hammers in centre - unless it’s a rim fire gun. So it should be fine to dry fire thIs one. Changing the grip can change the look completely to look better - but other wise enjoy the gun and use it safely !

Agglucky
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agglucky » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 am

Markings are written very poorly. Looks like somebody has written with white pen by hand. Very bad on the part of FGF.

Agglucky
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agglucky » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 am

Kindly suggest that if someone wishes to get the revolver blued or go for some better powder coating, wouldn't that affect the Original markings (serial numbers etc ) ? If yes then how are the new markings made ? And doesn't that compromise originality ?

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:11 am

Agglucky wrote:Kindly suggest that if someone wishes to get the revolver blued or go for some better powder coating, wouldn't that affect the Original markings (serial numbers etc ) ? If yes then how are the new markings made ? And doesn't that compromise originality ?
When we get a gun hot blued , they almost dissemble the handgun fully to remove previous powder coating . In this process all the markings almost fade fully.
As per my knowledge they are hand engraved again on to the gun.
I cannot comment about compromising orignality, but what else option do you have when you dont get quality finish at manufacturing end.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN