Questions regarding buying pistol.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Questions regarding buying pistol.

Post by Musale » Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Hello,

I have recently acquired a gun license and have some questions regarding buying a pistol.

On this forum I have read about some people buying recent weapons like Berreta Tomcats, Glocks Etc...
Now if imports were stopped after 1986 then how are these guns available.

When I questioned some Gun houses they gave me these answers so just wanted to get clarification from some Seniors here..

I was told that India shooters (Arjun Awaradee and Renowned Shooters could import any NPB Gun till 2016.
But the question is that isn't it that they can only import sports weapon and not normal pistols ???

Another route is TR but according to the rule the person importing on TR cant sell his weapon.
So this brings me to the question how is this possible???

Seniors on the forum can you please clarify and guide me so I can take a decision about buying new age guns and what documents should I check before buying the same.

Thanx
Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Questions regarding buying pistol.

Post by Musale » Sun May 20, 2018 11:15 pm

No help or comment from anyone regarding the posted Topic ???

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 am

Musale, your both the points are true. Arjuna Awardees ( Award for Shooting Sports and a valid AL holder)can import "N" no of weapons on his/her AL. (At least that's what I know). Renowned Shooters also do have some Advantages and they can procure imported non sports Models of NPB Cal. and sale it legally if required.
On TR the Weapon is not for sale. It has some specific set guide lines. Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.
many weapons are available in Indian Market through different channels ( Legal) like the two you mentioned. Most of the foreign make brands are aged but of course some new piece may surface in the market once in a while. its up to your luck.
if possible post some pictures of the model. I am sure, seniors can definitely help you to identify the authenticity of the piece. on the other hand with the serial no. you can directly check with the manufacturer.
Regards

Shivaji

Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Musale » Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Mr Dasgupta,
Thank you for the response. Awaiting few more critics/comments from other members.
Rgds