How to convert your area of validity of arms license

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pistolprince007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

How to convert your area of validity of arms license

Post by pistolprince007 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:12 am

My arms license is valid in my home district only.I want to convert it into state validity.Please tell process of it

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How to convert your area of validity of arms license

Post by pran80 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Pistolprince007,
In my case i had to submit an application at the DMs office asking to increase the area validity to whole of uttar Pradesh. The arms clerk then sent the file to police station for verification(dont know what they were verifying since i was granted licence a week back) post verification it went through the usual route of ssp office etc and reached DMs office who then increased the area validity.
It would be best if you talk to a lawyer/ arms clerk to understand the process in your district.
Regards,
Pranjal

pistolprince007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: How to convert your area of validity of arms license

Post by pistolprince007 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:15 pm

pran80 wrote:Pistolprince007,
In my case i had to submit an application at the DMs office asking to increase the area validity to whole of uttar Pradesh. The arms clerk then sent the file to police station for verification(dont know what they were verifying since i was granted licence a week back) post verification it went through the usual route of ssp office etc and reached DMs office who then increased the area validity.
It would be best if you talk to a lawyer/ arms clerk to understand the process in your district.
Regards,
Pranjal
Thank You