FOOLISH handgun laws in Canada

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

FOOLISH handgun laws in Canada

Post by NAHMINT284 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 pm

I see that many members of IFG have .32 handguns....
In Canada, .25 and .32 bore are ONLY available with a special collectors licence . A previous government said that those calibres/bores were only used by criminals.....how foolish.... criminals /organized crimes-drug dealers have STATE OF THE ART fully automatic weapons...over in VANCOUVER,drive by shootings are a common occurance every day and NO ONE is using a .25 or 32.
we have 3 licences .
1) PROHIBITED .....25 AND .32 BORE, AND BARRELS OF LESS THAN 4 INCHES.....If you have not had such a firearm in your possession when this law came out over 10 years ago, you can NOT ever own one.

2)RESTRICTED .... HANDGUNS with barrels OVER 4 inches and some military type semi autos of the AR.15 / AK-47 family...these can only be taken to APPROVED'' Gun clubs in your province....12 , but you can apply to the federal police for a permit to travel to another province for a formal COMPETION. buy or selling restricted is a bit of paperwork that could take a few days up to a couple months.....

3) non-restricted ......that is for shotguns and rifles...from rim fire to largest bore you want.......you buy,sell to whomever you like....both parties
must show each other their LICENCE.

You may buy and own as many rifles/shotguns as you wish.....the SKS semi auto in ''like new'' refurbished condition can be purchased for about
12,750 Ru. that's 51 or 52 Ru. to a Canadian dollar.
most people have one or two. We can sell a non restricted firearm to a ''licenced canadian'' 5000 miles away.....no paper work....

A revolver made BEFORE 1898 Like the Colts seen in cowboy movies can be owned WITHOUT ANY special permits EXCEPT a letter from FEDERAL POLICE saying it IS made before 1898.

some people install new modern barrels and cylinders in .44 special....BUT they cost about 127,500 to 255,000 Ru. /$2500 to 5000 Canadian .

Some of our foolish gun laws
:cheers: NAHMINT

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: FOOLISH handgun laws in Canada

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Don't Worry sir. India can cross Canada in this matter. Here we need license for AR, Blanks. Replicas and on and on. So be happy. u r still in paradise.
Regards

Shivaji

NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NAHMINT284 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Thank you AGAIN Sir,
yes,we must appreciate the GOOD THINGS we have.

best regards NAHMINT.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 pm

NAHMINT,

Thank you for the information on gun laws in Canada. I was not aware of the calibre restrictions involving .25 and .32. That is silly, if you don't mind the expression. However, a lot less silly than ours.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NAHMINT284 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:01 am

Vikram wrote:NAHMINT,

Thank you for the information on gun laws in Canada. I was not aware of the calibre restrictions involving .25 and .32. That is silly, if you don't mind the expression. However, a lot less silly than ours.

Best-
Vikram
If one has a ''basic'' firearms licence here and some money, you can go to several stores in VANCOUVER City and buy a full crate of very nice SKS carbines and several thousand rounds of excellent soviet military surplus ammo VERY INEXPENSIVE.....then go to a Mc DONALDS restaurant for lunch with all the guns and ammo in the back of the truck.....no issues BUT if you are caught with a .25 cal. pistol,you could go to prison for 2 years.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
only in Canada

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 pm

NAHMINT284 wrote: I buy a full crate of very nice SKS carbines and several thousand rounds of excellent soviet military surplus ammo VERY INEXPENSIVE.....

Makes me want to sob. Rifles you mentioned are pricier here and the same ammunition is relatively very expensive. I don't get it at all.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 pm

NAHMINT284 wrote: I buy a full crate of very nice SKS carbines and several thousand rounds of excellent soviet military surplus ammo VERY INEXPENSIVE.....

Please don't tell the Goberment , they will put another tax on ammo.

Every country has wonderful set of laws to protect the people from other people !
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NAHMINT284 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

HAMMERHEAD,
I see its getting hot in TORONTO....... do you shoot in a local club there?

If your old police chief BILL BLAIR ever gets RALF GOODALE'S job ,he will try to take ''all our firearms'' !!!!!! and I will move to ALASKA !

Cheers NAHMINT

NAHMINT284
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NAHMINT284 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Vikram wrote:

Makes me want to sob. Rifles you mentioned are pricier here and the same ammunition is relatively very expensive. I don't get it at all.

Best-
Vikram
It is very odd that a military full refurbished to new can be purchased here in canada from less than 200 u.s. dollars to about 275 u.s. BUT old Russian SKS that are available in the united states sell for 5oo to over 1000 u.s. since none are allowed to now be brought into
the U.S.A because of a ban on them..... funny how the laws are written.

danappan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by danappan » Thu May 31, 2018 11:23 am

Hi All,

Newbie here,

I dont think the Canadian laws regarding the .25 and .32 calibers are exactly foolish. It was put in place for a reason, although I do agree that there are a lot of nonsensical laws regarding firearms. As an RPAL/PAL holder in Canada ( License for non restricted and restricted class firearms) we have a lot of options to choose from. Ex; 9mm, which is a very very common round is cheap and plentiful. We can get high quality 9mm rounds, (124grains) for about 12$ for 50nos. That is about 600 Rs for 50nos, while I was reading in this forum that getting a license for a 9mm is next to impossible in India, the ammo is insanely expensive too, about 700 rs for 1 cartridge !!!!!! . Anyways I am on the look out for my 1st handgun, and narrowed it down to a Beretta 92fs, 2) Glock 17 gen 5 or 3) Smith and Wesson M&p 2 all in 9mm. Prices are about 50,000rs for the Beretta, 42,000rs for the Glock and 39,000rs for the S&W. With these kind of choices and prices, I have no complains for the Canadian laws.

Danappan
Ruger 10/22
Remington 784, 22inch, .223 cal

MichaelZWilliamson
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MichaelZWilliamson » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:37 am

And weapons like the SVT40 and SKS, which are collectible and less restricted IN the US, legally can't be imported, even though they are in that category. This was due to executive fiat.

Even though they can be imported easily into Canada.

Also, Canada requires hollow point ammo to be imported as a "Restricted explosive." But, once in the country, it is not a restrictive explosive and is unrestricted. This was some politician's naive attempt to stop ammo from being imported.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 am

NAHMINT284 wrote:HAMMERHEAD,
If your old police chief BILL BLAIR ever gets RALF GOODALE'S job ,he will try to take ''all our firearms'' !!!!!! and I will move to ALASKA !

Cheers NAHMINT
Hi NAHMINT looks like your prophecy has come true! Bill Blair is now the Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction, a new portfolio! He has been tasked with getting handguns and assault rifles off the streets of Canada. :oops:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!