.32 erma or .32 iof revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
manubrar67
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

.32 erma or .32 iof revolver

Post by manubrar67 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Which revolver is better .32 erma or .32 iof
For which one i should go
Brar sahb

For Advertising mail webmaster
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: .32 erma or .32 iof revolver

Post by Kittu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 am

close your eyes and buy iof made by field gun factory kanpur not small arms factory one.
regards

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am

Manubrar67,

I second what Ashokgodara has stated. If not for the Erma being an imported revolver, there's not much to be gained by paying the additional premium for it.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30 am

Probhat
additional price really? price should be around 90k +5k if revolver is like new and with box.where i live these revolver are no longer sold or bought.never seen a erma for sale with dealers for a decade now.dealer just dont buy these rvolvers so i can be 100% sure about price.i bought two revolvers in 1993 from sirsa 95k each for my relatives.revolvers were new in box when i fired hammer pin was making a hole trough primer cap and cartridge also pin was not coming out and revolvers jammed.in 2003 went back to sell dealer offered 70k each revolvers were in same condition only fired 2,2 cartridges from them.there was a gunsmith who used to make steel frame for revolvers(as frame is made of some alloy it breaks sometime when dropped)but he passed away last year.i will never recommend to buy a erma revolver.iof is much better then erma and after some time a person is willing to sell and buy another then iof will be sold for loss of 5,7k but erma dealer will just not buy it or if he buys loss will be much greater.so manu everything is not good or valeuble because it has a stamp of made in Germany.i dont know when people will understand or keep paying lakhs of rupees for a rev/pistol which have other country stamp with nothing original in it.one day i got a call from friend whose uncle(a MBBS MD) was buying a webley scot and wanted me to have look of revolver.i went there and after seeing revolver i told him it has been reblued many times,markings on revolver were recut and grooves were also recut deeply.i just said him why dont you buy iof rather then this junker he said we have repo and cannot keep a indian made revolver.so this is mind set here where a md doctor will pay lakhs only for a vilayti stamp just to show off.i asked let me see again i may have missed something and told him this is b model i didnt notice and everything is original and like new give money to dealer fast if someone came to knew he will buy just in a moment.i knew he will buy vilayti stamp from any where else condition is nothing to him and why should i not let this dealer make some money or he will curse me for long time.so deal was completed and everyone was happy.next time i went to that dealer shop he gave me 50 pistol cartridges free of cost and thanked me several times
regards

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:48 am

ashokgodara,

The price expected around here for an Erma is 2 lakhs plus. Sounds ridiculous but that's the truth. Erma and Arminius revolvers occupy the lower price bracket among imported revolvers and sadly there are enough gullible people still buying them.........

manubrar67
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manubrar67 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm

ashokgodara wrote:Probhat
additional price really? price should be around 90k +5k if revolver is like new and with box.where i live these revolver are no longer sold or bought.never seen a erma for sale with dealers for a decade now.dealer just dont buy these rvolvers so i can be 100% sure about price.i bought two revolvers in 1993 from sirsa 95k each for my relatives.revolvers were new in box when i fired hammer pin was making a hole trough primer cap and cartridge also pin was not coming out and revolvers jammed.in 2003 went back to sell dealer offered 70k each revolvers were in same condition only fired 2,2 cartridges from them.there was a gunsmith who used to make steel frame for revolvers(as frame is made of some alloy it breaks sometime when dropped)but he passed away last year.i will never recommend to buy a erma revolver.iof is much better then erma and after some time a person is willing to sell and buy another then iof will be sold for loss of 5,7k but erma dealer will just not buy it or if he buys loss will be much greater.so manu everything is not good or valeuble because it has a stamp of made in Germany.i dont know when people will understand or keep paying lakhs of rupees for a rev/pistol which have other country stamp with nothing original in it.one day i got a call from friend whose uncle(a MBBS MD) was buying a webley scot and wanted me to have look of revolver.i went there and after seeing revolver i told him it has been reblued many times,markings on revolver were recut and grooves were also recut deeply.i just said him why dont you buy iof rather then this junker he said we have repo and cannot keep a indian made revolver.so this is mind set here where a md doctor will pay lakhs only for a vilayti stamp just to show off.i asked let me see again i may have missed something and told him this is b model i didnt notice and everything is original and like new give money to dealer fast if someone came to knew he will buy just in a moment.i knew he will buy vilayti stamp from any where else condition is nothing to him and why should i not let this dealer make some money or he will curse me for long time.so deal was completed and everyone was happy.next time i went to that dealer shop he gave me 50 pistol cartridges free of cost and thanked me several times
regards

Thanks for ur opinion i will follow ur feedback i am manu
( forget my password & email so i made new id)
Thanks a lot....