Is This Gun Real or Fake ?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Rvisonline
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Is This Gun Real or Fake ?

Post by Rvisonline » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 am

Hi fellow Gun Lovers. Am new to this forum so forgive any mistakes. I want to buy a 1911 on my arms license. My dealer has a client who wants to sell his Colt 1911 Series 80 .38 Super (in pictures). It does not have an Army Voucher. Kindly help me to identify if its real or fake. Is there a way to make sure if its Authentic. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Is This Gun Real or Fake ?

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:24 am

Now I'm in doubt too.

The condition looks way worst than the one I own.

On the other hand I own series 70

And why you feel like it's fake, if in doubt why bother.

Although, I can absolutely not tell by looking at pictures only unless I can put my hands on it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

neerajkaty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by neerajkaty » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 am

Rvisonline wrote:Hi fellow Gun Lovers. Am new to this forum so forgive any mistakes. I want to buy a 1911 on my arms license. My dealer has a client who wants to sell his Colt 1911 Series 80 .38 Super (in pictures). It does not have an Army Voucher. Kindly help me to identify if its real or fake. Is there a way to make sure if its Authentic. Thanks in advance.
if you are particularly looking for a 0.38. you can also have a look at this antique possession of my father. Its in his posession since 1980.
Its Fine Engraved French LEFAUCHEUX Revolver with FRANCOTTE Marking. Year of manufacturing 1858-65. perfect working condition. with 25 live cartridges.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25664&p=252728&sid ... 4d#p252728
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neerajkaty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by neerajkaty » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:31 am

Rvisonline wrote:Hi fellow Gun Lovers. Am new to this forum so forgive any mistakes. I want to buy a 1911 on my arms license. My dealer has a client who wants to sell his Colt 1911 Series 80 .38 Super (in pictures). It does not have an Army Voucher. Kindly help me to identify if its real or fake. Is there a way to make sure if its Authentic. Thanks in advance.
for how much are they offering you the colt ? does he has ammo available?

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:17 am

Its hard to tell . I Suggest Check the serial no with colt ( if not shown in Data base then contact Colts archive). There were many Darra made guns surfaced in India Specially in Punjab and Rajasthan Boarder areas and then sneaked inside the country. Darra made guns poses as perfect clones except the serial no.
Regards

Shivaji

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 am

IT"S A FAKE......Don't touch it.

Marksman

SrirupDutta
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by SrirupDutta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:46 pm

This looks like a dara version of Colt 1911 with hints of the famous Zigana Pistol of Turkey finely blended.
This kind of guns are available fr 10k in Pak.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Is it possible for you to take better photos of the pistol? Take it into proper sunlight and take clear photos and post them here.

While .38 Super is NPB convincing the licensing authorities can be an issue. Can you get ammunition for this?
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Rvisonline
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rvisonline » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanx everyone for your inputs. Taking everyone's views into consideration, it's better that i stay away from this gun. Thanks a lot. I'll search for something else.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 am

Absolutely a fake.
No Colt 1911 had a slide mounted safety
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm

AS most of the Views are towards fake about this GUN. My Question is How a Dealer or a AL holder can keep it. From where he get an Invoice of such weapon. one chance is its a Confiscated weapon.. But then also many questions left to ans..
Regards

Shivaji

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:41 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:AS most of the Views are towards fake about this GUN. My Question is How a Dealer or a AL holder can keep it. From where he get an Invoice of such weapon. one chance is its a Confiscated weapon.. But then also many questions left to ans..
hi many rules are made to bring illigle firearms to legal status by government.i know about one of these rule Rajasthan illistate act where it was announced who have illigle firearm bring that weapon to LA and LA will give you license for them and endorse that arm on license.seen some country made single fire 315 bore katta on license.now that is something they fire 315 caliber rifle cartridges in pistol.there are many more like government auction seized weapons to civilians for a sum as low as 120 rs.i have heard of such aution and know one person who got .30 pistol for 120 rs(that person was pso to CM of state)they call it CM quota.these auctions are just held on papers only.no one knows when and where this auction is going to take place except who are going to benefit from such auction.if a person gets a pistol for 120 rs whats the harm even if pistol is darra made.normally in darra they make make copy of pistol by seeing a catalogue and they copy that serial nunber from catalogue now you you call any fire arm company and ask by serial number if it was made by that pistol and that company will conform this pistol was made by them as serial no and caliber is in their record now what a person can do.only way to find a pistol is fake or real is by careful examination by very well experienced person.most copied pistol in darra is tt33 and some pistols are so well made that they will suppress original pistol in aperiance.as of this pistol you stay away from it you will not find .38 super ammo in india and if you find(as nothing is immpossible in india)ammo will be very old and lot expensive.anyway 38 super is dump bore not worth buying at any price
regards

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:17 am

The Auction system I know. My Friend (A Lt. Col in Indian Army once briefed me about the Process). The Auction of confiscated weapons ( Only those where a serial no is available) of PB is a Discretion by State/central Govt. and Till the best I know they Informed only those who are in service and applied for a personal weapon and of course have good contacts. Proper allotment paper with serial no is mandatory.

I am working in Rajasthan for last 20 yrs. I know few Incidents where The Illegal Muzzle loaders were endorsed in AL and they were assigned the Serial/ AL No. marked on the weapons Metal part by metal Itching. It was in Udaipur, Bhilwara, Banswara and Sriganganagar District. Same I heard from kota and jhalawar. but all are to make the Muzzle loaders available with farmers legal. District Licensing authorities do camps and give a hard line to the Illegal weapon holders, either to dump their weapons or bring it to the LA and go through the legal process for licencing. Never heard a desi katta endorsed in Arms License.

May god save us.
Regards

Shivaji

SARGE7402
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by SARGE7402 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=chrome+ ... 66&bih=637

You asked if this was a fake or not. As you can see from the above, there are a number of chrome slides with various lightening cuts. Just cause no one in India has seen one doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake. Remember we have over 300 million firearms here in the USofA that you will likely never see in India
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 pm

SARGE7402 wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=chrome+ ... 66&bih=637

You asked if this was a fake or not. As you can see from the above, there are a number of chrome slides with various lightening cuts. Just cause no one in India has seen one doesn't necessarily mean it's a fake. Remember we have over 300 million firearms here in the USofA that you will likely never see in India
Hey Sarge, have you ever seen a Colt 1911 with a slide mounted safety?
..or one without the plunger tube and its components (between the safely and the slide release lever)?

This is about as fake as it gets. The slide cuts have nothing to do with my opinion on this.
I rest my case.

BTW, There are plenty of Colt 1911's in India.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941