Information on .25 webley automatic pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Information on .25 webley automatic pistol

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 am

Punit its a wise decision. Keep it bro. till our Govt. Allows us to own firearms...
( In today's scenario Don't know when the policies will take a U turn and say that Citizens have their claws and Teeth which is sufficient to protect themselves)
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 am

Punit wrote:Hello,
I have a webley and Scott .35 automatic pistol. Is this prohibited in India? If not how much would it value? Need help from experts.
In Punjab, As per my knowledge and interaction the words for webley pistols is they lack admiration and are not preferred. I am myself an admirer of these but if you read history about these they were designed and developed by Mr. Whitings ,one of the popular main figure in webley company and their gunsmith. There are 2 or three designs between 1904 to 1913 . Mainly work began to develop a pistol for Royal British Navy but they couldnt procure the contract or fulfill it as World War1 soon began thereafter and these pistols failed to get the popularity and went down the dust of history.

Another thing market varies around Rs 1.10-1.15 lac in Punjab and they say a very fine or Immaculate is possible around 1.50 lac but they are not a preferable choice here. I havent seen one till day with anyone.

They have a inherent design problem which is they are dissambeled if you apply pressure to trigger guard. Trigger guard was mainly designed to counter the recoil of the gun and there was also a 1mm play in the barrel.

Now if you apply pressure and pull the trigger guard near the connectivity to grips , everything comes off and this is the one of the reasons for unreliability. This is a beautiful piece but i am not sure its good enough as a weapon of self defence.

Thumbs-up
A.S Sandhu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Punit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Punit » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank you sir for your input.

drabhaydhulap
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by drabhaydhulap » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 am

Dear Puneet
Please confirm from your gun smith that the grip is not made of hastidant because only grip can fetch you 20 lacs keep the gun with new grip with you.
Cheers

Punit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Punit » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Thank you sir