Bhagat Singh’s pistol sent to Jalandhar Frontier HQ from Indore museum

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 pm

http://www.india.com/news/agencies/bhag ... m-2063701/
Indore, Apr 24 (PTI) Revolutionary Bhagat Singh's pistol, which he used to kill British officer John Saunders in 1928, was sent to the Frontier Headquarters at Jalandhar last week, over 47 years after
By PTI Feeds | Published: April 24, 2017 9:33 PM IST

Indore, Apr 24 (PTI) Revolutionary Bhagat Singh’s pistol, which he used to kill British officer John Saunders in 1928, was sent to the Frontier Headquarters at Jalandhar last week, over 47 years after it was shifted to the BSF’s Central School of Weapons and Tactics (CSWT) museum here from the Police Academy in Phillaur in Punjab.

The historic semi-automatic .32-bore Colt-make pistol was transferred to BSF’s Frontier Headquarters at Jalandhar during last week, a senior BSF official told PTI today.

Interestingly, BSF IG Pankaj Goomar had said last month that they were planning to display the pistol at new arms museum of the BSF here.

The pistol was sent to Jalandhar at a time when the demand is being raised to display it in the museum at Bhagat Singh’ village Khatkar Kalan in Punjab.

A public interest litigation (PIL) about shifting the pistol to Punjab is also pending before the Punjab-Haryana High Court.

The pistol has been on display at the CSWT’s old museum here along with other arms of BSF since it was sent here on October 7, 1969 from the Police Academy in Phillaur.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Bhagat Singh’s pistol sent to Jalandhar Frontier HQ from Indore museum

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Does anybody know what was the real or hidden reason, why the pistol was shifted from Punjab Police Academy in Phillaur to BSF's museum in Indore? Was it part of some conspiracy of memoricide, to distort or erase the memory of authentic local history of Punjab among it's people?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

chahal1979
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by chahal1979 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 pm

No sir it is shifted from BSF's academy to Punjab police academy

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 pm

chahal1979 wrote:No sir it is shifted from BSF's academy to Punjab police academy
Sir please read the above news item that has been filed from Indore again carefully.

It was sent to BSF's museum in Indore since October 7, 1969 from the Punjab Police Academy in Phillaur. Why? What was the real or hidden reason?

Still it has not been returned to Punjab Police Academy Phillaur or to the museum at Bhagat Singh’s village Khatkar Kalan in Punjab. Why? What is the real or hidden reason?

It is still with the BSF Jalandhar Frontier Headquarters. Why? What is the real or hidden reason?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:12 pm

its very right.The previous Govt. was are trying to display all the item related to non violent freedom fighters ( or So called by themselves) whether its a dhoti or sandal at the same time there is a shameful attempt to erase the history of Indian Armed freedom struggle and related docs and antiques.

In my view its a pathetic attempt to hide and tamper the history of our real freedom fighters who gave their life in freedom struggle and highlight one particular person.
Regards

Shivaji

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:its very right.The previous Govt. was are trying to display all the item related to non violent freedom fighters ( or So called by themselves) whether its a dhoti or sandal at the same time there is a shameful attempt to erase the history of Indian Armed freedom struggle and related docs and antiques.

In my view its a pathetic attempt to hide and tamper the history of our real freedom fighters who gave their life in freedom struggle and highlight one particular person.
Very true. It appears there was not one person but a group of persons involved in lot of manipulative activity and mock fighting. May read more here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25088&p=248129#p248129

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:43 pm

A photo of the actual (and from the looks of it) butchered up pistol.
17990723_1325085927540884_6087326207237988218_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Did morons weld those two bolts to the frame of the pistol so that it may be displayed? How can someone in right frame of mind do it?
Pranjal

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 pm

It clearly shows that those who did all this destruction, if they had any remote respect for those who died for this land, they would not be disrespecting and destroying their possessions in this manner.
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 pm

yes, they don't know even how to display properly. they welded two rods to fix the weapon with the glass display box. almost ruined this historical weapon.
Regards

Shivaji

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 am

They welded the the slide with rods, drilled holes in the chamber and barrel , and sealed the barrel as well for added safety. Surely a job done by a novice village iron smith. No gunsmith worth his salt would ever have a heart to disfigure a fine 1903 concealed hammer Colt in this fashion. One of the most accurate pistols I have encountered. Bravo Bhagat Singh... you certainly couldn't have missed that devil with this.

Marksman

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:52 am

This one is in much better condition. Current location as per information Allahabad museum. The Same colt. model.
800px-Pistol_of_Azad_2703.JPEG
800px-Pistol_of_Azad_2703.JPEG
Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
The Two personal weapons used by Subhash Chandra Bose.
The Colt .32 and FN .635

Eighty-nine-year-old Trilok Singh Chawla, a close aide of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, has a wish before he breathes his last - to return to India two pistols belonging to the freedom fighter - and has sent his son from Thailand to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
[​IMG]​
The octogenarian, who worships the two pistols every day, said Netaji had handed them to him before the freedom fighter left Bangkok for the last time saying: "See you in the Red Fort soon."

The Colt .32 and FN .635 are still lying with Chawla, who was Netaji's secretary in Thailand, and he is keen to see that the legacy is back with the country he fought for. Netaji left them with Chawla a week before he was announced dead in a plane crash in August 1945.

Chawla's son has been camping in Delhi for the past two weeks to meet the prime minister and apprise him of the two pistols. Jan 23 is Netaji's 113th birth anniversary.
"He wanted me to return the pistols to him at Red Fort after independence. However, eight days later he was announced dead in a plane crash in Taiwan. I still don't believe he died then and I am still waiting for him. But with increasing age I think it is his legacy and should be with the country he fought for," Chawla said over phone from Bangkok.
tarlochan-singh-jan22.jpg
Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
Udham Singh used this Smith & Wesson .455 Mark 2 Hand Ejector, Serial No. 16586 ,handgun in the Black Museum at the New Scotland Yard and his targets were Sir Michael 0' Dwyer (who died immediately), one hit the Marquis of Zetland, one hit the right hand of Lord Lamington, one hit Sir Louis Dane in the arm, and one went astray.
gun.jpg
udham.jpg
Added in 3 minutes 53 seconds:
Enfield Rifle model 1853 the cause of 1857 Mutiny.
Enfield Rifle and cartridges.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Shivaji

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 am

I have seen Martyr. Chandrashekhar Azad's pistol since childhood and it is being maintained in really good condition. The platform which it is perched on, revolves to give a 360* view of the pistol. Perhaps the weapon got saved from being massacred was because it was gifted to the museum by DSP Notts Bower who lead British police against final gun battle of Martyr Chandrashekhar Azad.
Looks like Mr. Bower knew considerably more about the historical importance of Martyr Azad's pistol than the morons in Independent India who just went ahead and destroyed a national treasure.
Pranjal

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 pm

marksman wrote:Bravo Bhagat Singh... you certainly couldn't have missed that devil with this.
He was not really the devil but victim of mistaken identity. Bhagat Singh and his associates had plotted to kill Superintendent of Police James A. Scott whom they believed was personally culpable for causing death of Lala Lajpat Rai by cane charging at him. They had somehow obtained secret inside information that at certain time of the day Superintendent of Police James A. Scott would leave his office at District Police Headquarters in Lahore, and ride a motorcycle to visit some other place. But at that time instead of Superintendent of Police James A. Scott, an Assistant Superintendent of Police John P. Saunders came out of the same office and sat on motorcycle to leave. Mistaking John P. Saunders to be the Superintendent of Police James A. Scott, he was shot dead.

L0neW0lf
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by L0neW0lf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 pm

I want this Pistol