Nirbheek or Mark IV which one is better...

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Nirbheek or Mark IV which one is better...

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Ajaaybeer wrote:We here in our friend circle in Punjab preach that leaf spring has lesser chances of failure as compared to coil spring . We might be wrong but this is our belief. And we are flexible to change our belief if we are convinced of the vice versa
A poor quality spring or poor design will always have chance of spring getting fatigued to loose tension or break. IOF products are usually known to be of variable quality. Usually they are copied designs but when they make some changes to the original design, that is usually where the problem begins. Have you talked with any experienced or knowledgeable gun smith, what does he say?

Discussion related to this topic in following two forums may be of interest to you -

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolv ... pring.html

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 106e083ca2
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
Ajaaybeer wrote:We here in our friend circle in Punjab preach that leaf spring has lesser chances of failure as compared to coil spring . We might be wrong but this is our belief. And we are flexible to change our belief if we are convinced of the vice versa
A poor quality spring or poor design will always have chance of spring getting fatigued to loose tension or break. IOF products are usually known to be of variable quality. Usually they are copied designs but when they make some changes to the original design, that is usually where the problem begins. Have you talked with any experienced or knowledgeable gun smith, what does he say?

Discussion related to this topic in following two forums may be of interest to you -

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolv ... pring.html

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 106e083ca2
Thanks for the above post. I always adore your posts. My mind processes logic and above post is supported by logic.
I feel it is sufficient beginning to dissolve the myth that revolves around two mechanisms. I have not interected with any seasoned gunsmith but i adhered to general prevalent notion among consumers and sellers.
But i may try to buy and test one personally and if it fails over time that can help me reach at a consolidated result.
Generally at consumer end nobody goes into detail . Few people have eye for detail.
Thanks for writing and sharing such a relevant info.

Pen of
A.S Sandhu
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Ajaaybeer wrote:Thanks for the above post. I always adore your posts. My mind processes logic and above post is supported by logic.
I feel it is sufficient beginning to dissolve the myth that revolves around two mechanisms. I have not interected with any seasoned gunsmith but i adhered to general prevalent notion among consumers and sellers.
But i may try to buy and test one personally and if it fails over time that can help me reach at a consolidated result.
Generally at consumer end nobody goes into detail . Few people have eye for detail.
Thanks for writing and sharing such a relevant info.
Your comments are appreciated. If you search this forum, many people had different kinds of experiences with their guns. If I am able to recall correctly, had read somewhere on this forum about an incident when some robbers had attacked a house at night, the firing pin of IOF revolver broke. That revolver had firing pin separate from the hammer and not the one that is one piece made up of pin and hammer. May read another one here about IOF revolver misfiring viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13527 And this is what a gunsmith has to say about revolvers vs. pistols viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6961&start=15#p76795
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

laiqather
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by laiqather » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm

I have IOF M-III , the trigger pull is very hard , and is very heavy to carry and conceal carry, i hardly fired 30 round til yet. what do i have to do to make it smooth as webley. OR should i go for IOF NEW PISTOL. Im from Hyderabad as here imported handguns rates are sky rocket high.