New Smart Handgun in US Market.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

New Smart Handgun in US Market.

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

While scanning through the net I come across this interesting new Handgun. Though don't know how many the shooters will go for it but it looks like an tech addition in Handgun Manufacturing.

The first so-called “smart gun” has hit the shelves at U.S. retail outlets, including one of the biggest firearms stores in California, according to the Washington Post.

The Smart System iP1, a .22-caliber pistol made by the German gun-maker Armatix GmbH, can only function with an accompanying wristwatch, which is sold separately.

When the RFID-equipped watch is activated by a PIN number and placed near the gun — like when a shooter grips the handle — it sends a signal to unlock the gun and a light on the back of the weapon turns green, according to the report. Otherwise, the firearm stays locked and the light on the back remains red, it stated.

The pistol sells for $1,399 and the watch retails for another $399 — more than double the cost of .40-caliber Glock handgun, according to the article.

The company is betting that demand for the technology will increase as consumers seek guns modified for safety.

Source:http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/20/ ... alifornia/[/b][/b]
smart_Gun.jpg
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Smart Handgun in US Market.

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:22 pm

I would like to stay miles away from purchasing such a gun because of the following -

1. if the RFID equipped watch does not work for any reason, the gun is useless.

2. if your attacker comes equipped with RFID jamming equipment, again your gun will be useless.

3. in emergency, if you want to quickly give your gun to your family member or friend, the gun will not work(unless you waste your precious time taking your watch off and give to your family member or friend)

Probably there are many more reasons. And by saying "consumers seek guns modified for safety" gives a false and misleading impression that guns are inherently unsafe by themselves.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Looks like designed in "PORSCHE STUDIO". A 911 in Pistols.

sathvik
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sathvik » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

What about battery......
We forget to charge our cell phones then who will remember to charge his pistol periodically.
What if user forgot to wear smart watch .
What if gun is opened by an authorised user soon after opening the battery drains ??

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Dear Sathvik,
Your points are right. in quest for searching the answers I get the following details from Armatix site. What i get through the company history and product details that this Armatix People are mainly deal with gun safety ( different Lock Mechanism and safes) and its their first handgun Lunch. I am not sure that this Gun is Manufactured by them or they have outsourced it and incorporate their technology with a ready piece.
80d17cd287.jpg
f575c445ca.jpg

iP1 Pistol with innovative features:

.22 LR calibre, 10 round magazine
electronic magazine disconnect
different operating modes
an operating distance of up to 10 inches
integrated grip and drop safety
color-coded operating mode, patented mechatronic
interface for additional applications (e.g. camera)
tested and approved by ATF

The intelligent iW1 wrist watch arms the weapon for firing and also has the following functions:

PIN code entry and PIN code management for weapon enablement
charge level indicator for watch and weapon
time-controlled weapon deactivation
extensive watch functions, waterproof
interchangeable straps, power supply for 5,000 rounds or a minimum of one year standby, depending on operation.

Target response system.

The gun only functions if you are recognized and on target.

If you are aiming away from the target area, the pistol is immediately deactivated.
No misuse against people or objects around you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards

Shivaji

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:05 am

I think GBM covered why a handgun like that would not want to be used for self defense.
I personally would not buy or own any handgun that has those limitations on it.
Target response system.

The gun only functions if you are recognized and on target.

If you are aiming away from the target area, the pistol is immediately deactivated.
No misuse against people or objects around you.
Really how does it know what my target is? What if I'm responding to multiple attackers?
The gun and/or the watch is going to decide for me which of my attackers deserve to be shot and which ones don't?
Crap like this is only put out by people who don't shoot and have no idea of what the shooting sports are about.

You want safety? Just don't break any of the four rules.
They are simple to follow and all that are required for a firearm to be handled safely.

I'll tell you why this product will join a long line of other well intentioned "safety" devices in the dustbin of history.

It is very simple; no one who takes shooting sports or self defense seriously will purchase one.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:29 am

With the stories in the press about "progressives" now arming themselves and buying guns, there just could be a market for this.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:41 am

I am Still doing R&D on this New HG. What I am sure is that this handgun is not manufactured by Armatix. No where in news i found that they start manufacturing handguns. This .22 Cal probably they have out sourced with their own specifications and incorporate their new tech. in it.
as there is a lot of voice in US related with GUN safety and owning a gun due to some unfortunate killing spree happened over there I think they want to catch some share in US market.
Regards

Shivaji