Which revolver is better Mark III or MarkIV

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Which revolver is better Mark III or MarkIV

Post by sonuvecv » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 am

Good evening Friends
Recently my brother's licence got approved from Morena (M.P)I own a IOF .32 mark III which I purchased from SAF kanpur 7 years back while my second brother purchased As hand .32 pistol from Gunshop in gwalior ,Since we don't want to go through pain of purchasing weapon from ordnance factory I have visited to my dealer in Gwaliorfor purchasing IOF mark IV recolver But dealer is saying that there are some issues with IOF mark IV revolver as it's chamber got stuck if you fire more than 10-12 rounds also it misfire a lot.I seek the advice of eminent members of this group that Is it true?or he is just trying to clear his old stock of Mark III revolvers though I am very happy with performance of my mark 3 revolver,please suggest
Regards
Digvijay Singh Tomar

For Advertising mail webmaster
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Which revolver is better Mark III or MarkIV

Post by sonuvecv » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:07 am

Dear friends
Waiting for your valuable suggestions and views on this issue

Oreku
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oreku » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Internal mechanism of .32 Revolver of MkIII & MkIV are similar. The trigger is bit hard, due to replacement of leaf spring. Both have almost similar trigger assembly and good to fire, there could be occasional misfire but its normal and its not that the revolver is always the culprit.Misfire can also be attributed to faulty ammo or nonfunctional primers.
Talking on external, Only the looks of MkIV is bit different as half of the barrel, starting from cylinder has been reinforced with extra metal which gives a cool look. And foresight has also been changed.
You can go for any version, both works same, however if you are looking for some cool metal curves and looks, Mk IV is for you.

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:52 am

Oreku wrote:Internal mechanism of .32 Revolver of MkIII & MkIV are similar. The trigger is bit hard, due to replacement of leaf spring. Both have almost similar trigger assembly and good to fire, there could be occasional misfire but its normal and its not that the revolver is always the culprit.Misfire can also be attributed to faulty ammo or nonfunctional primers.
Talking on external, Only the looks of MkIV is bit different as half of the barrel, starting from cylinder has been reinforced with extra metal which gives a cool look. And foresight has also been changed.
You can go for any version, both works same, however if you are looking for some cool metal curves and looks, Mk IV is for you.
thanks for your advice sir

advocate Sumit nain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by advocate Sumit nain » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Sir sonuvecv
i have purchased mark IV revolver last year and have fired arournd 65 cartridges at a time without any problem of any kind other then 1 missfire. So dont think u vill face any problem. As per my experience.

sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sonuvecv » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks sumit jee for sharing your valuable experience Today I have again visited the gun dealers in gwalior but all are suggesting that Mark Iv revolver is having issues like after fire many times empty shall stuck inside chamber and Mark 3 is better ironically none of them are having Mark 4 revolver in there stock.So I again request veterans and fellow members to suggest that whether shall I go with mark 3 or should I wait for mark IV or apply to purchase from IOF or FGF.
Please do reply I always rely on advice from the group members please do suggest which revolver to purchase mark 3 or mark 4

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Dear sonuvecv,

Buy the Mark III , I have one, and have fired over a 100 bullets and have no complaints whatsoever. The tigger is slightly hard initially, but it gets better as you use it.

All the best...
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

sudeep88
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudeep88 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Can someone post photos and specification of Mk IV, as there is only name and not any specification, photo or link for IOF .32 Mk IV in the websites of IOF & FGF. And even there is no dedicated thread and discussion for Mk IV in IFG forum.

Thanks,
Sudeep.

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 pm

0A97FFF9-FCAA-42C8-83F3-BC2C68263B2C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
RR

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 pm

I like Mark 4 - "black indian revolver" need some picatinny rail and laser sight and be "black tactical indian revolver"

Added in 6 minutes 43 seconds:
the question sounds like "what better this shit or this shit?"
We live in 21 century this guys (IOF) in 2017 make revolver 19 century without modernization,o modernisation its black color painting and pistol plastic grip with IOF logo?

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
I ask without any resentment towards me, expressed my opinion

Added in 13 minutes 9 seconds:
If modernised this IOF revolver to present.IOF minimal need made basic some acsessories
Its self defence weapon and need quick reloading and stress situation people may shoot accurately
Laser grip and speedloader its basic for modernisation
Image Image

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:14 pm

speed reloading webley revolver from speedloader

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Mark -IV metallurgy is awesome... please check my 2017 model modified with bluing and grip change....
Difficult to get Mark IV in market ... in case you get... go for it without any second thought
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
RR

Ramakant kourav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ramakant kourav » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:34 am

Which revolver is smaller mk 3 or mk 4

Ramakant kourav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ramakant kourav » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:37 am

I want purchase .32 bore revolver.

Agglucky
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agglucky » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 pm

IOF launches Mark 3 revamped version...

Any news about market availability and pricing ?