Iof .32 revolver, ammo shell stuck in

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Satishrrk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Iof .32 revolver, ammo shell stuck in

Post by Satishrrk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 am

Hello friends!
I am new to this forum and arms world. Just got my license few months back. For few days i am on practicing spree.

Yesterday, when i fired a round from my revolver one shell refused to came out. I thought to give some tome to it as i have seen in few blogs that it may come out after some time. But situation is same even now, after 12 hours.

What to do? Should i use screw driver to eject it forcefully or just head to a gunsmith, which is 70 decent km away from my place.

Waiting for advice.
Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Iof .32 revolver, ammo shell stuck in

Post by sonuvecv » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 am

Dear satish
My advice to you is to go to a gunsmith, as trying to eject the shell forcefully may damage ejector or some other part of your revolver,I did the same with my revolver once which result that chamber of revolver stops rotating ,so better to take precaution

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:18 am

Knocking a stuck case out of the cylinder is not going to hurt the revolver's ejector, nor any other part. Just be sure whatever rod you use to do it is in the case before you tap it, and the back of the cylinder is supported, so that any force is applied to the case only.

AKYOGI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AKYOGI » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:41 am

Hope this will give you some guidance.
Better be a Wolf and die in six months than be a Lamb and live for a thousand years.

birbrar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by birbrar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:16 am

Hope U have taken out shells ! In future don't lubricate cylinder too much better make it dry with cotton cloth before firing and just apply Molly grease at ejector rod. U can find moly ( Molebedenem ) grease at auto spare shop if u don't get it at gun shop

Sent from my LS-5015 using Tapatalk