IOF revolvers or English pistol?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Satishrrk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

IOF revolvers or English pistol?

Post by Satishrrk » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 am

Greetings to all members!

First of all thanks to you all for a great forum with quality content.
Now my query, i have got AL recently. I am new to weapon world. I have done some research and now i am not sure what i should buy?
My budget is upto 3 lakh max.
Should i go for IOF .32 revolver or Any decent english pistol? If you friends suggest any english pistol please suggest some name too....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: IOF revolvers or English pistol?

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:04 pm

The only name of an "English" pistol that comes to mind is the old Webley semi-auto, unless by "English" you mean any imported pistol? In case of the latter, there are plenty to choose from, but I doubt you would be able to acquire one in the stated budget.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi Satishrrk,

Congratulations. Getting a licence is more difficult than getting a good second hand handgun in India.

Abhijeet is absolutely right. Rs 3 lakh is not a budget for pistols of good make and model. However at that budget you have the following options.

1) Webley .32 pistol can cost between Rs 1 and 1.5 lakh. (dealers may ask for 2 or more but that's not the market situation any more).... you could go for one if the pistol is in great condition. These are tough ones but prone to misfeed if not maintained well.
2) Webley .32 revolver (A series) for around 2.5... I would suggest this anyday
3) Savage .32 pistol for around 3 lakh... good option if in original condition.
4) .22 Hi Standard pistol Model B for around 2.5 to 2.75 ... I would suggest this if the pistol is in great condition. But fire at least 10 rounds before buying.

You would also get Erma revolvers with alloy body for around 2.25 to 2.5 but I would never buy one.

Just shared my thoughts.

Best

TC

Satishrrk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Satishrrk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:32 am

TC wrote:Hi Satishrrk,

Congratulations. Getting a licence is more difficult than getting a good second hand handgun in India.

Abhijeet is absolutely right. Rs 3 lakh is not a budget for pistols of good make and model. However at that budget you have the following options.

1) Webley .32 pistol can cost between Rs 1 and 1.5 lakh. (dealers may ask for 2 or more but that's not the market situation any more).... you could go for one if the pistol is in great condition. These are tough ones but prone to misfeed if not maintained well.
2) Webley .32 revolver (A series) for around 2.5... I would suggest this anyday
3) Savage .32 pistol for around 3 lakh... good option if in original condition.
4) .22 Hi Standard pistol Model B for around 2.5 to 2.75 ... I would suggest this if the pistol is in great condition. But fire at least 10 rounds before buying.

You would also get Erma revolvers with alloy body for around 2.25 to 2.5 but I would never buy one.

Just shared my thoughts.

Best

TC
Thanks for reply and detailed information dear.....
i'll post update here...

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:30 pm

In your budget IOF is the best buy.90% percent of the imported pistols are pre 1980 and older. Since you are new in handling it is better to get a brand new IOF Revolver.If your threat perception is high go for the revolver not the pistol as it seldom fails to fire or get jammed in an emergency situation.For effective and accurate firing more practice is generally required in the case of revolver.