is obtaining prohibited bore (PB) license is possible ?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
ganapathi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

is obtaining prohibited bore (PB) license is possible ?

Post by ganapathi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:26 pm

hello every one does any one have obtained arms license of PB prohibited bore catagory license in india for civilians like for example a 9mm pistol because theroticaly obtaining PB license is possible when the state government recomends to centeral government does any one possed pb arms licence if it so who can get it. if an olympic medalist ? or a reknowned player can get ? or a vip can get it ? or obtaining PB arms license is only possible in a theoratical not in practical ???????????????

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: is obtaining prohibited bore (PB) license is possible ?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Theoretically it is possible. You will apply, it will most probably be rejected, you will appeal, again most probably will be rejected. Then you will have to approach Hon'ble High Court. Depending on the decision of Hon'ble High Court you may or may not have to approach Supreme Court. Then you will have to finally accept whatever decision is given by Hon'ble Supreme Court.

Practically it is impossible unless you are some VIP or "somebody". I hope you understand what I mean. Media reports tell that Mr. Dhoni, that cricketer was issued license for 9 mm Luger because he lived in Maoist area or something similar. I am unable recall the exact details. If interested to know more about this media report you may search the internet.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:10 pm

In short, for ordinary citizens it is impossible to get a PB license.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi,
Lets say, I am a VIP or my relative is a well placed politician or Police Officer, then what will be the procedure to get Prohibited Bore Handgun?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Procedure is same. Only difference is rejection of application becomes more arbitrary or unreasonable.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 pm

One has to justify what for one needs a 9 mm firearm.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:07 am

If you are "ordinary citizen" you will have to always give "justification" for every license. If you are "somebody" then your application itself becomes a "justification" in itself. Anyways Arms Act 1959 does not ask for any "justification" but who cares in the babudom about this?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:Hi,
Lets say, I am a VIP or my relative is a well placed politician or Police Officer, then what will be the procedure to get Prohibited Bore Handgun?
Since these are issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India - being a "normal" VIP" will not suffice, you'll need to be a VVIP!

Unless you are applying under "transfer of family heirloom", those cases do get through... sometimes.

Why things should be this way, is something that defies all logic or reason :roll:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Thanks for reply guys.