handgun for woman

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
colbaa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: handgun for woman

Post by colbaa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Today, I have checked out IOF products .22 revolver, .32 revolver Mk 3 & 4, .32 Pistols RFI & GSF ; and 1 German .32 revolver

I found the trigger pull of revolvers in general are very hard especially the .32 both versions, but the .32 pistols had a smooth slide operation

I have decided to go for the RFI make .32 pistol powder coated in black, price Rs 1.05 lakhs including 50 FMJ cartridges

I am planning to change the grip to mother of pearl and get the body dura coated, any suggestions

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:44 am

congrats colbaa might not be bad idea to check work done on IOF 32 by Bobby Sidhu from patiala - aint going to be cheap check posts here but worth it to make gun reliable. And as Vikram said the reliability is important

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:05 am

colbaa wrote:Today, I have checked out IOF products .22 revolver, .32 revolver Mk 3 & 4, .32 Pistols RFI & GSF ; and 1 German .32 revolver

I found the trigger pull of revolvers in general are very hard especially the .32 both versions, but the .32 pistols had a smooth slide operation

I have decided to go for the RFI make .32 pistol powder coated in black, price Rs 1.05 lakhs including 50 FMJ cartridges

I am planning to change the grip to mother of pearl and get the body dura coated, any suggestions

Where do you plan to get it dura coated?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 pm

colbaa wrote:But, I know no place from where I can buy one without a licence.
This is not to confuse you or steer you away from your decision to buy IOF .32 pistol. It is just for information or if you decide to also explore this option. You will have to buy only from legal gun shops or IOF or legally import it. This much is very certain. Since there is an exemption from Arms Act 1959, there must be some process how to enjoy this exemption. This much is also certain. In other words they will issue you some document which you can submit to gun shop or IOF so that they can sell you the gun and cartridges. You will have to find this out. May be your commanding officer or someone in the Army might know the official procedure or paperwork. If you come to know please share it on this forum.

There is something more I have found on the MHA website in this document found here http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 030913.pdf Go to row numbered 2 on page numbered 13. It says that any ex-Indian Commissioned Officers of the Army, Navy, Air Force or the Territorial Army, so long as he is entitled to wear the uniform of such force do not have to pay for license fees for revolvers or automatic pistols which formed part of equipment when in employment as such officer, together with a reasonable quantity of ammunition for the same, in respect of which licence may be granted/renewed. It clearly means that revolver or pistol which is part of equipment when in employment can be possessed after retirement. This much is very clear. It also means there must be some laid down procedure to posses such equipment(revolver of pistol). You will have to search this procedure. If you come to know please share it on this forum.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

colbaa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by colbaa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:39 pm

duracoat rattle cans are available on line

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:24 am

colbaa wrote:duracoat rattle cans are available on line

Can you please post a link. I could not find anything in india
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Since you are a member of the Services, i presume you are aware that certain Army officers are posted in all the Ordinance factories for quality control checking of the supplies to the armed forces.Through your contacts do purchase a good quality firearm with the assistance of your fellow officers from the Ordinance Corps.They can arrange a nicely machined pistol or revolver for you. It is not desirable to discuss the existing convention in detail in an open forum.Wish you all the best.

colbaa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by colbaa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 pm

DSC02222a.jpg
Please have a look at my new 'body guard'. The dealer was very accommodating. This was selected from more than a dozen pistols shown by him!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Brilliant. Congratulations. When you do get to shoot it, do share your views. Are you going to have it "fixed"?
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

colbaa wrote:Please have a look at my new 'body guard'.
I must say your "body guard" is "beautiful"!!!

On a serious note, yes fire it in the range to check it. May have to get your ammunition quota on license increased for doing this.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

colbaa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by colbaa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:52 pm

I will definitely try it out shortly. My quota is adequate 50/150. No plans to 'fix' it, but will duracoat it.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Congratulations on your purchase. The newer (black) Ashani pistols have better finish than the older lot, so unless you have a specific problem there shouldn't be any work required to be done to it.

Duracoat/ nacre grips are mere cosmetic mods, which you may indulge in to customise your purchase and enhance your joy of ownership, but the pistol should do good service without need for either.

Shoot safe and may your tribe increase.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Congratulations on your acquisition.

Safe and Happy Shooting!!
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 am

Congrats, shoot safe and shoot the heck out of it

-Inder

colbaa
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by colbaa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:07 pm

mundaire wrote:Congratulations on your purchase. The newer (black) Ashani pistols have better finish than the older lot.
Abhijeet
Thank you Abhijeet, I do agree, the finishing of this pistol much better than the service issue 9mm auto pistols.

How to de-cock without pulling the trigger? I think frequent dry fire is not good for the firing pin. What to do?