Which revolver to buy???????

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
nkkaimal79
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Which revolver to buy???????

Post by nkkaimal79 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello friends,

I am new to this site and forum but have been following the threads for a while since the day I decided to buy a revolver for me and my family's safety considering the current situation in our neighborhoods. I desperately want a good revolver but hope I don't come across a chance to use it ever. Buy why regret by not having one when a situation comes up.

I have already applied for a licence for arms and likely to get it by Nov or Dec.

After reading previous threads and lots of discussions I realized that revolvers are more reliable and better for beginners.

Also I heard that revolvers with internal pin mechanism should be avoided. (I really don't know what the hell that means) :x

My request to all the members here is to guide me to buy an appropriate revolver fitting my budget of 1lakh +- a few grands.

I could not understand the difference between Nirbheek, Anmol Ashani apart from the caliber and barrel length. To add to the confusion now ther is a new 8 chamber model for as cheap as 35k.

Please comment on the quality of these models

Which is better among all three and why?

Can I get a foreign brand for my budget :twisted:

More questions and queries to follow. Requesting guidance from all arms owners and experienced shooters.

For Advertising mail webmaster
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Which revolver to buy???????

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:11 pm

nkkaimal79 wrote:Hello friends,

I have already applied for a licence for arms and likely to get it by Nov or Dec.

I could not understand the difference between Nirbheek, Anmol Ashani apart from the caliber and barrel length. To add to the confusion now ther is a new 8 chamber model for as cheap as 35k.

First you get Lic., If your granted one, Banduk Babu will take care of your requirements

Best Lick
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:20 am

Dear nkkaimal79,

Welcome to IFG. Below info is for knowledge sharing only. It is too early for you to discuss in detail which suits your AL. Go through the site for info on individual weapons at relevant section. Once you receive your AL, we're all here to help get the right fit.

Code: Select all

I have already applied for a license for arms and likely to get it by Nov or Dec
There is no guarantee in India that you'll receive AL. Time frame and the mood of the LA cannot be estimated.

After reading previous threads and lots of discussions I realized that revolvers are more reliable and better for beginners.
Yes, revolvers are more reliable than pistols. I would recommend Indian revolver from IOF compared to Pistol.

I could not understand the difference between Nirbheek, Anmol Ashani apart from the caliber and barrel length.
All the 3 are of same caliber. First 2 are revolvers and 3rd is pistol. Nirbeek and Anmol are basically made with different metal alloys. Nirbeek has been name after Nirbhaya and is marketed that is a choice of personal protection for women.

To add to the confusion now ther is a new 8 chamber model for as cheap as 35k.
This 8 chamber is a .22 revolver. There are 2 variants in it. The new variant Nidar costs about 35grand.

Which is better among all three and why?
You have to try yourself what suits you. Your budget, practice, maintenance etc.

For the budget you have, i recommed you go for IOF revolver .22 old version.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

nkkaimal79
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nkkaimal79 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks for the guidance. Would be back with more doubts. As far as license is concerned, I will have it by his month end for sure :D

Deepakaarav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepakaarav » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Go for mark4. Revolver