New Toys

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sandy_3126
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

New Toys

Post by sandy_3126 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:43 am

IWI Jericho 941 PL

Walther P22

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Toys

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Very Nice Sandy.
That baby Desert Eagle's controls should be very familiar to you as it is basically a Tanfoglio design.
How's the P22? Any reliability issues?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:15 am

Congrats bro

Deepakaarav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Deepakaarav » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am

Congrats for new toy :(

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Nice pistols, Sandy. Congratulations. Which calibre is the Jericho chambered for?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sandy_3126
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sandy_3126 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:09 am

sa_ali wrote:Congrats bro
thanks

Added in 1 minute 28 seconds:
Vikram wrote:Nice pistols, Sandy. Congratulations. Which calibre is the Jericho chambered for?

Best-
Vikram
Jericho is chambered in 9mm. It shoots brilliantly.

Added in 39 minutes 57 seconds:
xl_target wrote:Very Nice Sandy.
That baby Desert Eagle's controls should be very familiar to you as it is basically a Tanfoglio design.
How's the P22? Any reliability issues?

Hello depak sir, how have you been.

The story behind the Jericho is a bit interesting.
I was under an arms embargo from my wife for the last couple of years, in the mean time I had to forgo a sweet sweet Ishapore SMLE and a K98. After the last visit to the range, my wife complained about her S&W sigma being uncomfortable, prompting to look for a 22 plinker pistol for range days and maybe a carry pistol. My TZ has some oldage related issue and needs a Extractor spring and recoil spring change, so I hatched the plan to con her into believing that there are reliability issues with the gun. I know my TZ doesn't like S&B cheap stuff, so I exactly carried the same to present a strong case to get a new handgun and it did work.

After a bit of research the 22 was down to Walther P22 and the ruger SR22, we ended up picking the Walther as she liked the feel better. I ran regular CCI standard and some aguila high vel, it ran flawlessly, I am not a fan of the mag though, the rounds stack up rather clumsily in the magazine. Jericho on the other hand is exactly what I expected and more. I did consider the the CZ75B, but went with the Jericho 941 because of the stainless steel barrel.

next project is to replace striker spring on the sigmaSw9ve, and extractor and recoil springs on the TZ.

Also got these beauties, Hopefully will build them this winter.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:31 am

Ha Sandy, you know you can only pull the wool over her eyes so many times before she gets wise to your shenanigans? :)
You can always pick up a 75B at a later date. However, they are becoming more expensive every year.
Though my wife is pretty good about my hobbies, she doesn't know how many guns I have and she would never notice another one.
Wolf Springs should have various springs for your TZ (in several weights).Don't go too light or you will batter the frame, even though that TZ is built like a tank.

Looking forward to see what you come up with for those lowers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

sandy_3126
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sandy_3126 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:02 am

xl_target wrote:Ha Sandy, you know you can only pull the wool over her eyes so many times before she gets wise to your shenanigans? :)
You can always pick up a 75B at a later date. However, they are becoming more expensive every year.
Though my wife is pretty good about my hobbies, she doesn't know how many guns I have and she would never notice another one.
Wolf Springs should have various springs for your TZ (in several weights).Don't go too light or you will batter the frame, even though that TZ is built like a tank.

Looking forward to see what you come up with for those lowers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
How do you feel about the Turkish CZ Clones?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 pm

sandy_3126 wrote:
Turkish handguns are where CZ was a decade or more ago. Not that many people had heard of them and consequently prices were very low. From what I have heard, most Turkish pistols today are made very well and the price is right. As more people recognize the quality and value, prices and demand will go up.
I have also heard that a Turkish CZ75 clone manufacturer was initially setup in by Tanfoglio, using Italian machinery. However, I don't know which of Turkey's many arms companies were actually assisted by Tanfoglio. Turkey is fast acquiring a reputation of producing high quality firearms. The only Turkish firearm that I own is a Turkish shotgun (imported by Mossberg) that I like. I did a review of it HERE

I've heard good things about the Canik series of pistols. I don't think I have heard any real complaints about them.
They are imported under the name of Tristar and are about $200 cheaper than the CZ. As some people have said, in a dark room you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Another manufacturer is Sarsilmaz and they seem to make a lot of poly framed handguns with a CZ style slide.
Keep in mind that you can still purchase Tanfoglio pistols in the USA today. The quality is quite high. The importer is EAA, a company which also imports the Sarsilmaz pistols.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:48 am

Very Nice New Toys - Sandy_3126 (y) :D

I for one, would vouch for Turk-Tech in the field of firearms (amongst other things industrial). Personal experience of owning a Beretta-FS (Turkish-Made).

Do checkout Girsan Yavuz 9mm 16 MC Compact Pistol

Good Luck and Happy Shooting! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

sandy_3126
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sandy_3126 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:23 am

xl_target wrote:
sandy_3126 wrote:
Turkish handguns are where CZ was a decade or more ago. Not that many people had heard of them and consequently prices were very low. From what I have heard, most Turkish pistols today are made very well and the price is right. As more people recognize the quality and value, prices and demand will go up.
I have also heard that a Turkish CZ75 clone manufacturer was initially setup in by Tanfoglio, using Italian machinery. However, I don't know which of Turkey's many arms companies were actually assisted by Tanfoglio. Turkey is fast acquiring a reputation of producing high quality firearms. The only Turkish firearm that I own is a Turkish shotgun (imported by Mossberg) that I like. I did a review of it HERE

I've heard good things about the Canik series of pistols. I don't think I have heard any real complaints about them.
They are imported under the name of Tristar and are about $200 cheaper than the CZ. As some people have said, in a dark room you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Another manufacturer is Sarsilmaz and they seem to make a lot of poly framed handguns with a CZ style slide.
Keep in mind that you can still purchase Tanfoglio pistols in the USA today. The quality is quite high. The importer is EAA, a company which also imports the Sarsilmaz pistols.
Yes I have been following some of the Canik, Tristar, Zigana, and Sar models online.
I was also looking at some surplus CZ's and FEG Hi Powers as project guns from budsgunshop. next is going to be most likely a CCW for my Wife, and maybe something fun for me.

Also awaiting that AK Alpha desperately, that thing looks fun.