Ashani IOF Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Ashani IOF Pistol

Post by Woods » Mon May 01, 2017 9:38 pm

sniper2014 wrote:Shooting the Ashani at targets reveal that the sights are almost non-existent. Can any member advise how this can be modified for better aiming ? Regards...
This requires a separate post : sights in Ashani , augmentation of sights , accuracy of this pistol and the efficacy of .32ACP rounds available to it ( the local ones) . :mrgreen:
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 01, 2017 10:08 pm

sniper2014 wrote:Shooting the Ashani at targets reveal that the sights are almost non-existent. Can any member advise how this can be modified for better aiming ? Regards...
The Ashani is meant to be close range self-protection pistol and not a target pistol. Trust me, when the chips are down, the last thing you will be able to do is take careful aim! The idea in such situations is to point at centre of mass and shoot.

Furthermore, in self-defence situations, sights can get entangled in clothes and slow ones draw. That is the reason this design employs almost non existent sights.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sniper2014
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sniper2014 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks for the responses, Mr Woods & Mundaire Sir. But I find it impossible to have any remotely consistent group with Ashani at 25 meters; while even with the much-hated humble iof .22 lr revolver which has "visible" sights, I can keep all 8 shots in black (though that also is not a target pistol).
I feel both iof .22 & .32 revolvers have reasonable sights but in Ashani, the sights are invisible. Even in self-defence scenario, it is important that I hit the "target". Is it possible to have some some modifications done ?

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am

ROTFL We are the greatest lot . After paying some 1500 dollars for one Ashani (the legend) , we do have heart money and time to improve it .
I have seen a rail that is smoothly welded on the slide of the pistol . This rail has bigger sights ( fixed posts) . You can even manage to make three dot sights on that rail .

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
Posts may be drilled to form little round pits and filled with glow on compound . If you fancy further and find a passionate gun smith , you can have an optical fibre front sight . Optical front sight insert is available on kovibazaar for around 500 rs

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Better culcate a gun smith in ourselves than run every now and then to find one
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

sniper2014
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sniper2014 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Woods wrote:ROTFL We are the greatest lot . After paying some 1500 dollars for one Ashani (the legend) , we do have heart money and time to improve it .
I have seen a rail that is smoothly welded on the slide of the pistol . This rail has bigger sights ( fixed posts) . You can even manage to make three dot sights on that rail .

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
Posts may be drilled to form little round pits and filled with glow on compound . If you fancy further and find a passionate gun smith , you can have an optical fibre front sight . Optical front sight insert is available on kovibazaar for around 500 rs

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Better culcate a gun smith in ourselves than run every now and then to find one
Thanks Mr Woods for your kind guidance. Will it be too much to ask for details of such a gunsmith somewhere around kolkata ? Can Mr Basu (our senior forum guru from salt lake, kolkata & a pistol enthusiast) help ?