Guidence for buying handgun

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pankaj@psgroup
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Guidence for buying handgun

Post by pankaj@psgroup » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi I am willing to buy a short gun as I am first time user just got my arm license so need advise that what will be the best for me as a new user - indian/imported revolver/pistol and my budget for same is max 3lacs and my purpose is use it for safety .

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Guidence for buying handgun

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:08 pm

For a new user, stick to a revolver. They are simpler to learn how to operate safely.

Your budget won't get you any decent imported handgun, so my advice would be to buy the IOF revolver. You should consider spending the spare amount in buying ammo and learning the safe & effective use of your firearm. No point buying a bicycle if you don't learn to ride if!

Memorise and learn the rules of gun safety and adhere to them at all times.

Incidentally, the correct term is handgun, I've edited the title accordingly.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:19 pm

to buy the IOF revolver
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

pankaj@psgroup
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pankaj@psgroup » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:36 am

Thanx for your valuable advice Abhineet and Pritam.
Pls suggest I should buy new or used.which is better long barrel or short barrel revolver

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

Dear Pankaj,

Buy a new Mark III Revolver from the IOF, I have it, and it's good value for money. You can also visit your nearest Arms Dealer and request the dealer to show you some models of revolvers. See which one you like, it's a personal choice, and after all how much are you really going to use it ? It's not the wild west so it's more important that you learn how to handle one in the beginning and one can always change , if you like something later.
For buying an IOF revolver you can either buy directly from the IOF factory or approach an Arms dealer.

All the best,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

dkbagga
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dkbagga » Fri May 13, 2016 11:31 am

Dear, guide me which hand gun Pistol or revolver should i buy. what is the opinion about NIDAR .22 (revolver of IOF).

dkbagga
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dkbagga » Tue May 17, 2016 2:26 pm

chicky wrote:Dear Pankaj,

Buy a new Mark III Revolver from the IOF, I have it, and it's good value for money. You can also visit your nearest Arms Dealer and request the dealer to show you some models of revolvers. See which one you like, it's a personal choice, and after all how much are you really going to use it ? It's not the wild west so it's more important that you learn how to handle one in the beginning and one can always change , if you like something later.
For buying an IOF revolver you can either buy directly from the IOF factory or approach an Arms dealer.

All the best,

Chicky
dear pankaj Ji what do you mean by Mark III revolver ?? You please also guide me if the ASHANI (PISTOL) .32 will be better than revolver ?? if no please tell me in detail.Thanks.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Dear dkbagga,

As per my knowledge the only difference in the Mark III and IV is the length of the barrel. While the barrel of Mark III is shorter, the one of Mark IV is longer. It's a personal choice, I opted for the Mark III as it's an old design and well tested ,proved and better concealed.
As regards the choice between a pistol and a revolver, I think as a fresher you should keep the latter. Revolvers are easy to load, fire and maintain. But again it's a individual choice. Why don't you visit a Arms dealer and see for yourself what suits you, and then make the decision.

All the best,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "