My .22 Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: My .22 Pistol

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:03 pm

The meat collector bit,has no relevance here,each to his own.
It did not, until the man brought up the subject himself.
The problem is that we end up on most occassions either attacking the
individual or his fire arms rather than the post itself, which I think is uncalled for and in poor taste.
How many posts do you recall, where the bloke at the receiving end hasn't asked for it?

Got to go. More on this when I return.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Mark";p="27398 wrote: If you would like some constructive criticism of your pistol, I have built a few tactical weapons and would be happy to make some suggestions as yours is somewhat, ahh, primitive to put it politely....
I call this one my MK 17&3/4:

Mark...I forgot to comment...
...you forgot to include grumpy's monster swiss :mrgreen:

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:19 pm

"Profanity is not always the best way to do it."

So you reckon "f*ck*n" isn`t profane ?

Give me a break Inder. All I did was liken the guys pistol to a `60s mod scooter` and provided pictures to illustrate the point - what`s the big deal ? He then threw a wobbly, reported me and `had a go`. Obviously he had a complete sense of humour breakdown. I have never denied his industry or skill even though I fail to see the point of the exercise. As to whether equipment is more readily available in the UK than India what has that got to do with anything ? Just because equipment is harder to come by in India means that you have to load everything onto a .22 pistol ? I fail to see the logic in that. I doubt that there are all that many Ferraris in India either but I`m prepared to bet that none of the ones that are around have been fitted with eight wheels, four pairs of wing mirrors and six fog-lamps.
As regards my calling Hamdhingra a name to indicate my reaction to his killing of trophy sized Mahseer then I agree that I was out of order in doing so - but my contempt for his action remains.........and the fact that others agreed with his actions doesn`t make it `right`, it just means that there are others who aren`t `sportsmen` either and have no concept of the term. If everyone killed the Mahseer they caught there`d be as few Mahseer as there are Tigers.
As regards your reaction then either be honest about what you said to me or shut up. I`d already responded to Vikram agreeing that I shouldn`t have called Hamdhingra the rude name, apologised for causing Vikram the bother of having to clean up the offending material including my very annoyed ( absolutely furious ! )response to your choice of language and said I would ignore your comment as an untypical aberation and let bygones be bygones. It seems that you are not of the same mind - so be it.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:54 pm

Grumpy";p="27496 wrote:"Profanity is not always the best way to do it."

So you reckon "f*ck*n" isn`t profane ?

Give me a break Inder. All I did was liken the guys pistol to a `60s mod scooter` and provided pictures to illustrate the point - what`s the big deal ? He then threw a wobbly, reported me and `had a go`. Obviously he had a complete sense of humour breakdown. I have never denied his industry or skill even though I fail to see the point of the exercise. As to whether equipment is more readily available in the UK than India what has that got to do with anything ? Just because equipment is harder to come by in India means that you have to load everything onto a .22 pistol ? I fail to see the logic in that. I doubt that there are all that many Ferraris in India either but I`m prepared to bet that none of the ones that are around have been fitted with eight wheels, four pairs of wing mirrors and six fog-lamps.
As regards my calling Hamdhingra a name to indicate my reaction to his killing of trophy sized Mahseer then I agree that I was out of order in doing so - but my contempt for his action remains.........and the fact that others agreed with his actions doesn`t make it `right`, it just means that there are others who aren`t `sportsmen` either and have no concept of the term. If everyone killed the Mahseer they caught there`d be as few Mahseer as there are Tigers.
As regards your reaction then either be honest about what you said to me or shut up. I`d already responded to Vikram agreeing that I shouldn`t have called Hamdhingra the rude name, apologised for causing Vikram the bother of having to clean up the offending material including my very annoyed ( absolutely furious ! )response to your choice of language and said I would ignore your comment as an untypical aberation and let bygones be bygones. It seems that you are not of the same mind - so be it.
I must clear here that when I was writing that comment I wasn't targeting you... I was targeting your post but may be I overlooked that things can be taken otherwise on internet as it’s not the best way to communicate your emotions... and Yah I am also guilty for my part of mess...

And regarding what equipment being readily available in the UK than India has that got to do with anything...... I say everything.. If a guy took pains to get all these things in INDIA that mean he is really passionate about what he is doing and he is a true arms lover...and I don't care if his creation is a piece of Bull shit what matters to me is his effort and If you read first part of my first post.. I cleared that already.

And me being honest... I am as honest as I can be.. I again say I never asked you to **** off.. I was just annoyed and targeted your post because I think that you called him that not because he killed Mahseer but because he reported your post...

About bygones be bygones..I don't even remember what I ate in breakfast :mrgreen:. We may have a difference of opinion on something but I respect you when it comes to your knowledge of firearms and hunting.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Breakfast ? I can`t even remember if I ate breakfast, let alone what it was.
Yeah, OK. :lol:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:26 pm

I see that we have come to a decent understanding of where every one stand s and there seem to be no ill will on any ones mind.Good.

Rusty, Yes, Hamdhingra brought the IA here.It should not have been at all as IFG does not have anything to do with what happens there.

My understanding of a robust discussion is slightly different.Unless absolutely necessary, profanity helps little in terms of debating and only aggravates a situation.That is my understanding.But, different strokes to different people.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Good!

Now that it's settled, lock this thread and let's all move on to better things... our usual daily goop :)

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:43 pm

aaawww!! c'mon I was beginning to enjoy the tiff here and was in the midst of a beautiful angle to get involved... :twisted:
Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Some new guy post something which is think is a nice job but he is ridiculed and shown pics of scooters with lights and what not..
New guy feels bad report the post to mods…..mods correct him and tell him the way how this forum works.. new guy accepts that and keep mum…then without provocation again he is called names..
That (underlined bit) is a crock of shit. It is precisely his smarmy reply to my post that made me see red. He was told to pay Grumpy and Jonah back in the same coin but instead he latches on to me and brings up the IA thread. Well, I'll be buggered if I am going to take that from anyone and especially his kind.
There are other ways to criticize people. Profanity is not always the best way to do it.
When some people get angry, they swear. Period. If you and any of the other punters don't like it, you can stuff it. Now since you are such a mature gent of a chap, I want to see you follow your sage words both on and off the forum.
Even I felt very bad when I saw that beautiful golden Mahseer in somebody's backyard ready to cut...
It's a damn shame that people only restrict themselves to feeling bad rather than voicing their opinion in no uncertain terms. However, they are first up on the soap box bemoaning the loss of Indian wildlife or quoting chapter and verse as to why sustainable hunting should be practised in India. How the bloody hell do you ever expect sustainable hunting to take root in India when you have people who do not even know how to conserve their natural resources. One does not keep killing fish just because they are not protected under the Wildlife Protection Act.
I didn't like what HD has done to his .22..heck I didn't even like red dot (or whatever that was) on Amit's trailside...but I think we should look at the passion behind his creation...we are not living in UK or US where somebody can go and buy these gadgets off the shelf. You never know what pains he took to get theses things in INDIA...
Screw the passion behind his 'creation'. If someone does not like what you have done, you don't go running to the mods.
If you take a look at the first forum rule
1. NO profanity/ swear words - first time offenders will be warned and the post edited, a repeat offence may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
I am going to continue posting in exactly the same way I have always done. If the mods don't like it they are free to do the needful. For the record, I made it very clear to the other mods that I would not follow any of these namby-pamby rules. Friendliest forum on the net be damned! This is about transfer of information not a frigging finishing school. If a bloke looses his cool and blows some steam, that is absolutely fine by me. That's the way I live my life and that's the way I intend to keep posting on forums.
but above used "word" was not to correct somebody or was with intention to put somebody on the right track...You know that and everybody else on this forum know that.

Ofcourse it wasn't and neither does it always need to be as such. Well bloody said, Grumpy!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:05 pm

Vikram";p="27500 wrote:But, different strokes to different people.

Best-
Vikram
You better believe it, Vikram.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 pm

:D
Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:28 pm

Hello everyone ,
I came back today after suffering a set back for 2 or more days where I did not log on to IFG. I am quite dissappointed by people blowing their top.I was told that I am sensitive.I think others are more sensitive than me. My sincere apologies for whatever wrong I did. All the same do not brand me as a meat hunter- I take 1% of what I could. and I never eat unless friends are there.
There was only this venue in India where we could expect people to grow with arms. Please let it be so and allow me to tell you what are the very severe disadvantages of this weapon. I even shot myself while doing this weapon .Why the red dot ,why the laser , why not a simple weapon is all that I wish to write about.
Grumpy thanks for telling me about yourself
I wish I could have avoided all this from happening -but maybe it will make us better friends.Thanks everybody -and unless I have been removed from this forum -I will write and post more pics about this classic pistol and the many many experiences I have had with firearms . I hold colours in shooting since I was 20 –a good (37 yrs now) and am also a qualified instructor in small arms.Thank you all so much
WW...Hamdhingra

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:55 pm

Hamdhingra";p="27547 wrote:Hello everyone ,
I came back today after suffering a set back for 2 or more days where I did not log on to IFG. I am quite dissappointed by people blowing their top.I was told that I am sensitive.I think others are more sensitive than me. My sincere apologies for whatever wrong I did. All the same do not brand me as a meat hunter- I take 1% of what I could. and I never eat unless friends are there.
There was only this venue in India where we could expect people to grow with arms. Please let it be so and allow me to tell you what are the very severe disadvantages of this weapon. I even shot myself while doing this weapon .Why the red dot ,why the laser , why not a simple weapon is all that I wish to write about.
Grumpy thanks for telling me about yourself
I wish I could have avoided all this from happening -but maybe it will make us better friends.Thanks everybody -and unless I have been removed from this forum -I will write and post more pics about this classic pistol and the many many experiences I have had with firearms . I hold colours in shooting since I was 20 –a good (37 yrs now) and am also a qualified instructor in small arms.Thank you all so much
WW...Hamdhingra
Hi Hamdhingra,

Great to see the swords being sheathed. All of us here are humans(Surprise!!) with our imperfections and foibles. You'll come across a lot of that in future as well. I and a lot of us expect the matter is closed with the other protagonists of this misunderstanding as well.

I suggest we all at least try to be civil. No matter what... whether rules bind or no. It'll help keep the board somewhat 'respectable' as hypocritical as it may sound. Remember, IFG being more or less the sole web platform for gun owners in India, we have a big responsibility. In a system thats less disposed towards gun ownership, we cant afford to make a spectacle of ourselves... maybe the next article on IFG may end up being not too flattering! :)

You're more than welcome to share what you want. Including that invention of yours :)

You won't get thrown out on a misunderstanding.

BTW...did you say you shot yourself while building the thing??? :shock:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:19 am

Mr Paneer, sir,Er CC, do you see me doing an encore of the aforementioned exercises? :wink: Very well said.

Mr Ham, I suppose you must have gotten a fair idea about how this site works. Follow that you shall do fine,too. Please do not bring issues irrelevant to this forum. You will not be expelled because of an argument. That shall be a collective decision of the mods team and the admin. We are eager to learn your experiences and experiments.Fire away.

Thanks for your co-operation everyone.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:53 am

That shall be a collective decision of the mods team and the admin. We are eager to learn your experiences and experiments.
As far as I know there is no such rule.
All the same do not brand me as a meat hunter- I take 1% of what I could. and I never eat unless friends are there.
Uh huh...