My .22 Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My .22 Pistol

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Hello everybody,
I did this project and finished in feb this year.This is what it looks like.It is dead accurate at 50 Yards. All devices fitted are synchromeshed – remove and reinstall –only one has to be left on the weapon. In place of left hand support there is a bipod also – u can fit and use either.
It was all pretty difficult but as you will see the views through the scope and the red dot – U will realize that all efforts were worth it.
Front View - With ref to barrel.
Left - 40,000Cp torch: Top - 3-7X scope: at 45 degs - laser: Right -Red dot scope: Below left hand support/bipod
will add more photos - internet is slow today

WW…Hamdhingra
Last edited by Hamdhingra on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: My .22 Pistol

Post by jonahpach » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Yeouch!!

Looks like something from the Mad comics spy v/s Spy strip.. Betcha u dont have a holster for this... this... contraption

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:26 pm

That`s ........................different.
Based on a Buck Rogers design I presume ?
I`d just like to point out that the inherent accuracy of the pistol isn`t affected by the external sights........and that you are unnecessarily triplicating systems. Why not dump the current scope, red dot and laser and fit a scope with an illuminated dot reticle ? Or dump all of them and replace with a night vision scope.
Last edited by Grumpy on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Does anyone remember 1960s `Mod` type Lambretta and Vespa scooters that were covered in lights and mirrors ?

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:37 pm

I did not see anything of this nature but I comprehended I could do it. You can have what optical device you desire on it -rest all comes off v easily. There are times when you want to put just the red dot on the target and let go.I will post images of views through the red dot and crosshair scope.
Hamdhingra

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:41 pm

Grumpy there is more to it than light and mirrors ! How can you even think of weapons as a lambretta / Vespa and scopes and red dots -lasers and surefires as lights and mirrors - Maybe there is need to refurbish your mind !
The stuff came from 5 countries -the effort was nearly a year - and it boils down to mirrors and lights.Maybe you were fond of mirrors and lights on your lamby / vespa. But if all this has reminded U of your childhood - then I do not mind - for childhood was always great! But if you wish to downgrade an effort to be a "hit below the belt" then i would raise objections to it.
WW...Hamdhingra

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Ham

A lot of effort seems to have gone into this project,but what was the goal :?:

Cheers

Sanjay

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

(27363)My .22 Pistol

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Click <a href='viewtopic.php?p=27363#27363'> Here</a> to go to the reported post <br/>--------------------------------<br/><br/>Gentlemen,
I had posted an item and find substrata remarks by Grumpy. I have sent him my frank remarks in return as also ended with my warm wishes. and thus before the affair slings further I decided to inform you. We all respect weapons -whence have they become lambrettas and vespa scooters with lights and mirrors fitted on them. maybe everything in England is available around the corner - maybe its beer time in England -but you all know our condition here where we have to run pillar to post for practically every bit of Gun/Rifle. In any case if you see the American assault and rapid action force - there would be little need for any "fitment" on their weapons.Maybe Grumpy can illustrate unnecessary fitments better.Pl look into the matter -Thank you
Warm Wishes...Hamdhingra

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Lights and mirrors and lenses and......

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:38 pm

Hamdhingra,

If you are going to be that touchy, this forum may not suit you. If someone takes the piss, give it right back. There's no need to report such posts.

Mack The Knife

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi Sanjay,
see there are times when a red dot is better. Put the dot there and Bam.and are times when in self defence a laser dot on the intruder is all thats required - forget using a bullet on an intruder. Then you do require illumination - that in itself is also a detterent. Then U have the scope for seeing things better - and u need to have only one - although all work nearly as well.
And then there is also the feel that every human has to see how far he can innovate and make something workable. I have carried out field trails and all work very well.in fact the red dot is the in thing - as far as quick shots go.
Someday maybe you will fire this and see how beautiful it is
WW...Hamdhingra

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 pm

Rustum is it the flashback of Indian Angler coming up again ? If you consider me unfit for this forum why dont you cut me out of it.Who pisses where is not my concern but it was amply clear from the rules that in this forum one was not to piss.
In fact the use of the word piss itself on this forum is derrogatory !
Have ur way
WW...Hamdhingra

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Go on, tell us : What happened on `Indian Angler` ?
Does the big orange `tick` on `Ignore` at the base of Hamhingra`s post mean that he is ignoring me ? :lol:
`Touchy` ? I should say so ! :roll: :wink:
Anyway, I`m off until Sunday evening.
Toodle pip chaps.

Hamdhingra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Hamdhingra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:05 pm

Grumpy talk something simple which I can understand -I was wondering why your name is thus !
Enjoy your Sunday
Hamdhingra

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm

Hamdhingra,

You reported this post to the moderators and for my sins I happen to be one. Having read it, I was bemused that you actually thought those comments were worth reporting.

My post concerned your infantile whinging and had nothing to do with what went on at Indian Angler.

If you think a bit of piss taking is disallowed on this forum, either you read the rules again or piss off. The choice is yours.

Mack The Knife