IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
ROHITMONA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by ROHITMONA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 pm

New iof Mark 2 pistol Ashani
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
birbrar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by birbrar » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Did anyone test fire Mark 2 pistol . At present only 2017 manufactured pistols R available . Finishing is again the problem it's not having good Finish I don't know why but they can keep it 10,000 more price but at least get better finish bcos case hardening is must if U get it refinish and browning done or get cerakote as such

Sent from my LS-5015 using Tapatalk
Rebel 8)

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:50 am

Definitely looks a lot better than the older ones. Does anyone know if its a DA/SA or DA only?
The positioning of the hammer looks a bit weird. Does it have a de-cocker?

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Is d hammer functional or cosmetic looks weird n is d quality improved over mark 1?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Ashmantej
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ashmantej » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Purchased on 24.1.18
2018 manufactured. Still looks crude. Barrel inside is not as smooth as PB pistols like 9mm auto 1A and glock. 2 changes with hammer outside and magazine catch with a push button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Ashmantej wrote:Purchased on 24.1.18
2018 manufactured. Still looks crude. Barrel inside is not as smooth as PB pistols like 9mm auto 1A and glock. 2 changes with hammer outside and magazine catch with a push button.

Congrats for the new weapon! The grip needs to be replaced, bulky look! Plz share your shooting experience as well (ammo used, ejection issues if any etc).

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

Rajiv Malhotra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajiv Malhotra » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Hello Gentlemen,
I have recently joined this forum.
I read about Afak Khan, gunsmith in Meerut.
I believe now his sons are managing.
I want to shorten a old dbbl to 20", freshen up the ribbings and polish it. Next, i need good wooden grips for a new Ashani Mk 2.
Does anyone have anything new about Afak Khan ??
Or are there any suggestions on good & reliable gunsmiths in North India ??
Thanks & regards to all here.

Rajiv

pistolprince007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pistolprince007 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 am

Ashmantej wrote:Purchased on 24.1.18
Still it looks better then the older version.
In the back ground I see the case of the pistol.
Can you please post the picture of the case

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 am

The Mark II is an example of how little the IOF chaps know about designing a firearm.Looks no better than the 'modified' pistols posted here.

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:The Mark II is an example of how little the IOF chaps know about designing a firearm.Looks no better than the 'modified' pistols posted here.
Iof guyz think dis mark 2 is better than Beretta firearms

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Lubughy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Lubughy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi All
One month passed I got my arms licence with a permission of handgun pistol or revolver,but issue is this I have only two arms dealer at my city i;e Guwahati Assam,out of this two dealers one is charging very high cost and one need one month time to bring .32 iof pistol.Anybody from Guwahati Assam had experience of purchasing of .32 iof pistol from kolkata any dealer and what is the procedure of get purchase permission from home department as my arms licence is only Kamrup metro area validity.Friend anybody had experience please share.

Lubughy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Lubughy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Hii friends
Tomorrow I am going to purchase.32 iof (RFI) 2017 model black color pistol from a local dealer.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:49 am

Lubughy
put few catridges in magazine and put magazine in pistol point pistol in safe direction then manually eject all cartrides by rotating slide.dont put your finger on trigger again i repeat point pistol in safe direction.some time guys at iof cut head space groove too deep and when you feed cartridge in chamber barrel rifling catches bullet in rifling making whole pistol jam some time it stuck so hard you have to fire pistol to eject.sometimes when you rotate slide all ammo is fired in full auto manner without touching trigger thats why i asked you keep muzzle in safe direction.open front locking ring and see front ring catching grooves are cut smooth and deep.if you see any file marks on slide ring locking grooves dont buy it.if you dont know how to open front locking ring ask dealer he will do it for you if every thing is ok put back locking ring double check front ring is locked properly.remove magazine pull back slide and release it now check side ways play between slide and frame it should be minimal.check barrel it should be free of tooling marks and grooves are cut smoothly.check main spring by putting barrel in it barrel should go in come out smoothly from both sides of main spring and spring is not rubbing too hard against barrel outer sides.check magazine by pressing follower with a pencil follower should move down and up freely.do it several times to be double sure.do all these thing before signing any bill.if all thing goes well you have got a decent piece.if dealer says frony ring is glued to slide or he says you will loose front ring if you disturb factory settings just dont believe him.deale will try every thing to prevent you from checking all things and if dealer refuses you should also refuse to buy.as soon you refuses to buy dealer will allow everything infect he will do all things for you but you should check yourself as much you can or take some one with you who knows how to assemble and dissamble a pistol.there are more but these will suffice.check slide and frame side ways with magazine REMOVED.if magazine is inside pistol slide will come under pressure by magazine spring and you will not know how much play is present.if you can push dealer little more ask him to fire some ammo and check empty cases for firing pin marking it should be in center not too deep nor too light.check distance of empty cases from pistol if cases are falling too near you have more chances of jamming pistol by empty case stuck in ejection port remedy is ask dealer to change main spring its too hard or leave pistol with slide pulled for one night.check last fired cartridge case it should not be too far from other empty cases if case fall too near magazine follower is coming between ejector and extractor change magazine.oh forgot very first step and very important one.very first thing above all.take pistol make sure its empty double check now put magazine(empty) point in safe direction apply pressure not light heavy one on trigger and back safety now pull back slide and let it go forward dont remove pressure from trigger and observe is hammer falling with slide forward or when slide is closed remove pressure from trigger and pull trigger if you cant pul then congratulation you have iof limited edition full auto pistol.cause slide is not disengaging sear from trigger play is too high or sear is short.just leave it dont buy.as i said there are lot more these are more then sufficiant for new good pistol. if i tell you more more you will get confused.if i forgot something kindly remind me.these are for new pistol second hand ones are different and demands experience and you cant buy a good second hand pistol by just reading a post or article
thanks

Lubughy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Lubughy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you Ashokgodara jifor your useful n valuable suggestions,I will do accordingly as you said.

Lubughy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Lubughy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Hii Friends
Today I have purchased a .32 Ashani pistol made by (RFI)2017 black colour from a local dealer of my city n the same I produced in ADM office for physical verification.