Anmol or Ashani .32 for self-defense

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
chengis gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Anmol or Ashani .32 for self-defense

Post by chengis gun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:54 am

Imageanother dealer quotes this circa 1944 Beretta 8-rounder @ Rs 5.5 lacs.Its Single Action, and i nearly pulled off my finger skin trying to snap-in the load.The mag release is odd and difficult, but overall build feel solid.

For Advertising mail webmaster
chengis gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chengis gun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:58 am

Imagethis Webley revolver was quoted @ rs 4.5 lacs (already sold after i saw it); The rifle in foreground is a BRNO .256 quoting i think ~ 7.5lacs.Hope i am not mistaken as advertising..i just thought of sharing em.

chengis gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chengis gun » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm

I have plumped for the .32 iof pistol folks..will post pics if and when i receive it

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:59 am

Chengis IOF is a good choice atleast metallurgy is new..good luck post its pictures

Cheers

chengis gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chengis gun » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:53 pm

ngrewal wrote:Chengis IOF is a good choice atleast metallurgy is new..good luck post its pictures

Cheers
Got my 2013 model, 2nd hand ,modified Ashani .32.Fired 4 rounds at ~30mtrs,3 rounds @~75mtrs distance.Image

~30metres(below) Image
~75metres(below)Image

Disclaimer: I never fired a handgun before though i have fired shotguns and rifles countless times.Heres my 2 cents feedback:

PROS: good looks, nice grip, well balanced, popping sound rather than blast, hardly any kickback, shoots out to 75 yards without any noticeable drop in trajectory.
CONS: Magazine feed doesnt work if loaded beyond 3 bullets..you cant even rack in the first round i.e.The rack either wont move..or the bullet will be jammed halfway-in at an odd angle;When 4 shots were fired,the last casing did not eject and was caught halfway outta the exit.Loading beyond 2-3 bullets, you cannot manually remove the cartridges from the magazine.If magazine is loaded beyond 4 bullets, the magazine does not 'catch' when you rack it in magazine holder.The magazine (Heel release) is painful to release.
For Americanos who may be wondering..this crap cost me US $3000-plus :evil:

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Got my 2013 model, 2nd hand ,modified Ashani .32.Fired 4 rounds at ~30mtrs,3 rounds @~75mtrs distance.
Really sorry to ask a question like this. Please accept my apologise in advance. As per the GSF guide lines weapons purchased directly from the factory cannot be sold for 60 months from the date of purchase. :?

There is nothing wrong with your wonderful pistol its the ammo.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21451

Watch how an imported pistol jams with the IOF ammo....

The magazine (Heel release) is painful to release.
Had the similar issue, until I applied ballistol gun oil generously all over and left the pistol in a plastic cover for one week. There after repeated the process. After two weeks the mag release eased down fifty percent. I can now remove it comfortably with one hand.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:33 pm

The least the Indian government can do is allow the citizens to import foreign made ammo and save their butts than rely on IOF made crap that won't budge or miss-fart at critical times.

Sad!
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Chengis: the Ashani looks good. Also, I like your shooting spot! I'm sorry that you are having trouble, though; that would be most disappointing for a new gun.

Here are some things you could consider:

Do they give you two magazines or just one? If you have two magazines, you can compare performance with one against the other to see if you have a magazine problem.

Loading problems can be caused by the magazine lips not being shaped right or bent -- this causes the cartridge to be fed at the wrong angle when the slide tries to strip it from the top of the magazine and feed it into the chamber

A problem with the feed ramp which is the surface of the frame below the barrel where the bullet nose slides as it is being loaded -- something rough or unfinished here can catch the bullet.

Weak magazine spring: this will not held the cartridges against the feed lips properly, so that they are cocked at the wrong angle when the slide tries to push them into the chamber. This sort of thing can show up as being dependent on how many cartridges you have loaded in the magazine.

Bad ammo -- incorrectly shaped or formed.

Depending on how mechanical you are or how familiar with guns you are, you might try to deal with this yourself, or you might take it to a gunsmith who you KNOW is good at his trade. A bad or lazy gunsmith can make matters worse for you!

Cleaning the gun can make a difference, in case there is any packing grease or manufacturing debris left in it. It will also give you a chance to see how the parts work together and identify problems.

A good magazine spring can sometimes work wonders for feeding problems.

Try some different ammo if you can obtain it.

If you are having "stovepipe jams" (where the empty is getting stuck in the ejection port), you will want to look at the extractor (this is the hook that pulls the fired case out of the chamber.) If the hook doesn't have a good "claw" on the end, it won't hold the case long enough for it to be completely ejected. Also, if there is not enough spring tension on the extractor, allowing the hook to come off of the case rim too early, this can be a problem, too. Dirt and grease jammed into the wrong areas can be the cause for this.

Finally, again, bad ammo can be the cause of the problem, if the rim is not shaped correctly. Trying different ammo is worth a try here, as well.

Who can blame you for being frustrated? I hope you can get this sorted out.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

chengis gun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chengis gun » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

FAROOK:Really sorry to ask a question like this. Please accept my apologise in advance. As per the GSF guide lines weapons purchased directly from the factory cannot be sold for 60 months from the date of purchase.

sounds like i am in a legal soup too?is there any remedy pl?
TIMMY: Also, I like your shooting spot!
Timmy, i am sending another 2 pics of my impromptu gunrange(dime-a-dozen here)for youImage and Image

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:11 pm

That's a nice place, Chengis! It looks like a beautiful area. One could do birdwatching and fishing there, I suppose? Thanks for these pics!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

munesh0012
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by munesh0012 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Anmol is best for self defense