Price check on various Handguns

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Price check on various Handguns

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

Hello,

I'm in the market for a .32 ACP pistol and got the following quotes,

a. Mauser HSc, pristine condition, 7.5 lacs (Comes with additional mag)
b. CZ 27, 6 lacs (comes with additional mag)
c. CZ 83, new in box, 27 lacs (comes with two additional mag)
d. IOF .32 ACP, new 1.6 lacs (no extra mags)

Is this a good price for an HSc? What can I expect to pay for a PP?

Thanks,

For Advertising mail webmaster
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Price check on various Handguns

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am

As far as i know Mauser HSc and CZ 83 does not come in .32 ACP, they come in .380 ACP...

I would say that you are being grossly overcharged... none of the above mentioned pistols would command a price of more that 30,000 INR in the international market, but its a different story in India.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 am

Theoretically you could go live in the Czech Republic for 2 years with 27 lacs , and come back with a CZ 83!! (And some money to spare)
By the way congrats on the new license!
Regards
Anand

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

If the dealer will stand behind the gun he is selling you and will guarantee that it will work, I'd save a ton of money and buy the Ashani.
As long as it goes bang every time you pull the trigger, it won't matter where it is made.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

As long as it goes bang every time you pull the trigger, it won't matter where it is made.
I respectfully disagree with XL's statement,

" As long as it goes *WHEN IN NEED* to pull the trigger and *HOPE* it goes bang " when it's your life at stake - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 am

Wow, 27 Lacs for a handgun. I can buy a small apartment for that kind of money in some suburb on the ourskirts.amazing people are willing to pay that kind of money. All the best with your quest.

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 am

Spin_drift, I agree about the prices, but I don't really have options.

BTW They make them in .32 AP and .380 ACP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_HSc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ-83

Thanks Anand. :)

XL & hammerhead, I was leaning towards the Ashani but I'm yet to hear good things about it. Besides it does not have a decocker and I don't believe I can use it in DA mode. Also, I don't think its possible (read prudent) to carry the Ashani with one in the chamber...

Moin, I reckon you could have the entire knifecenter catalog and then some!

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 am

spin_drift wrote:As far as i know Mauser HSc and CZ 83 does not come in .32 ACP, they come in .380 ACP...

I would say that you are being grossly overcharged... none of the above mentioned pistols would command a price of more that 30,000 INR in the international market, but its a different story in India.
Spindrift,hsc and cz83 is available in .32acp.in fact i haven't seen(in india) a cz83 in .380acp
price.?do we have to discuss?...no point.
regards
dr.jk

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:10 am

inplainsight,

Of the ones that you have listed,I would go with the Mauser HSc.Do check up prices at other places.For some reason Mauser HSc is not in great demand.You may be able to get a better price out of Delhi.Do not buy a .380ACP pistol.You will not be able to buy ammo for it.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:inplainsight,

Of the ones that you have listed,I would go with the Mauser HSc.Do check up prices at other places.For some reason Mauser HSc is not in great demand.You may be able to get a better price out of Delhi.Do not buy a .380ACP pistol.You will not be able to buy ammo for it.
Thanks WTP, As of now, I think it's between a HSc and a PP (I haven't been able to get a quote on these). I did the comparison and they seem fairly identical with the PP only scoring higher with the mag release button and 007 :D. Although, the HSc does have a more robust safety...

I haven't even bothered with Delhi dealers, all these are located in UP. Yup and only planning on purchasing a .32 ACP.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Hammerhead wrote:
I respectfully disagree with XL's statement,

" As long as it goes *WHEN IN NEED* to pull the trigger and *HOPE* it goes bang " when it's your life at stake - Haji
Ah! ... but any gun that does not go bang every time you pull the trigger (regardless of when the trigger is pulled) is not a gun to trust your life to.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Hammerhead,

My IOF .32ACP has gone bang every time there has been a round in the chamber and I have pulled the trigger.

hajismp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hajismp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Dear inplainsight,
Congratulations for getting licence. Prices mentioned by dealer for CZ 27, Mouser HSC and IOF Ashani are about the same as prevail in Uttar Pradesh But I have no idea about CZ 83. If you want to choose between Ashani and CZ 27(although this is really a good and reliable pistol),both have "single action trigger" with no De-cocker ,and so they are equally unsafe while carrying with a live cartridge in the chamber. Besides this the CZ 27 comes only with 2 SAFETIES i.e. manual safety and magazine safety , while Ashani comes with THREE SAFETIES i.e 1-Manual safety, 2- Grip safety and 3- Magazine safety and so more safe in carrying. My vote will be in favour of Ashani (in between the IOF and CZ 27).I had owned Ashani 7 years back and believe me this is "real value for money".
As far as Mouser HSC is concerned, this is a great German Design and most of the people still use the word "Mouser" for pistols. Mouser uses a double action trigger mechanism with Safety/ Decocker ( also has magazine safety feature like Ashani) and so can safely be carried with a live round in the chamber and for the purpose of self defence you will always be ready to fire your pistol without racking the slide.
My final advice is - If you want to buy a single action pistol, go to gsf website and Book the brand new Ashani and wait for about 10 -12 months for a sweet fruit. And if your budget allows for double action pistols go for Mouser HSC. Hope this will help.
Dr.S.M.Parvez,Najibabad (U.P.)
Last edited by hajismp on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks Dr. Parvez, that's great advice. Yup I think its going to be the HSc (unless i can find a similarly priced PP)

Lets see, I'm going to handle the weapon next week, will make a decision then :)

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Be ready for a major sticker shock when you inquire about a Walther PP/PPK