Price check on various Handguns

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Price check on various Handguns

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks WTP, My jaw is already pretty raw from all the dropping its done over the last two days!

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 pm

If you want to choose between Ashani and CZ 27,both have "single action trigger" with no De-cocker ,and so they are equally unsafe while carrying with a live cartridge in the chamber. Besides this the CZ 27 comes only with one SAFETY i.e. manual safety , while Ashani comes with THREE SAFETIES i.e 1-Manual safety, 2- Grip safety and 3- Magazine safety and so three times more safe in carrying.
Not sure about the CZ27 but is the Ashani really unsafe to carry cocked and locked (round chambered and safety on)? Keep in mind that the 1911, which is also a single action pistol has been carried in this manner by millions for over 100 years. Carrying a single action pistol like the 1911 is no more unsafe than any other pistol. While many people have a mindset that single actions are unsafe (though some designs can be), for all practical purposes, pistols like the 1911 are no more unsafe than any other pistols.

The 1911 is fired when the hammer drops, hitting the back of the firing pin. In general the hammer cannot drop till the trigger is pulled all the way back. The trigger cannot be pulled all the way back till the grip safety is pressed in and the manual safety is released.

Is there something unique about the Ashani that makes it more unsafe than other designs?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Moin. wrote:Wow, 27 Lacs for a handgun. I can buy a small apartment for that kind of money in some suburb on the ourskirts.amazing people are willing to pay that kind of money. All the best with your quest.

Best
Moin.
27 lakn huuuuuuuuuu. :agree: sir

xl_target wrote:
If you want to choose between Ashani and CZ 27,both have "single action trigger" with no De-cocker ,and so they are equally unsafe while carrying with a live cartridge in the chamber. Besides this the CZ 27 comes only with one SAFETY i.e. manual safety , while Ashani comes with THREE SAFETIES i.e 1-Manual safety, 2- Grip safety and 3- Magazine safety and so three times more safe in carrying.
Not sure about the CZ27 but is the Ashani really unsafe to carry cocked and locked (round chambered and safety on)? Keep in mind that the 1911, which is also a single action pistol has been carried in this manner by millions for over 100 years. Carrying a single action pistol like the 1911 is no more unsafe than any other pistol. While many people have a mindset that single actions are unsafe (though some designs can be), for all practical purposes, pistols like the 1911 are no more unsafe than any other pistols.
Is there something unique about the Ashani that makes it unsafe?
:agree:
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

1.It is poorly fitted.
2.Only friction holds it in the 'safe' position

jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey friends i also got a new licence n finding .357 magnum. I found 2 guns n price is very high. Ruger supersix 17 lac. Tauras tracker 4" 22.5 lac both r brand new with box. One dealer have ppk 75-80% condition 12 lac. Llama 8 lac brand new. Colt detective special 9 lac brand new.

jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 pm

N yeah one dealer said me he havin duplicate ppk but nobody can proove that the gun is duplicate n he asking 9.5 lac.. N it's like a new....

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

jpinakin88 wrote:N yeah one dealer said me he havin duplicate ppk but nobody can proove that the gun is duplicate n he asking 9.5 lac.. N it's like a new....
By duplicate you mean 1). a Munger product or 2). a blank fire converted to fire live ammo.. in both the cases it is illegal.. keep away from them.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:1.It is poorly fitted.
2.Only friction holds it in the 'safe' position
So there is no detent and a hard blow could take it off safe?
What holds the firing pin back if the gun is accidentally dropped? Is there a firing pin block of some kind?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

xl_target wrote:o there is no detent and a hard blow could take it off safe?
You do not need a 'blow' to take it off safe.It can be easily brushed off the safe position.
xl_target wrote:What holds the firing pin back if the gun is accidentally dropped? Is there a firing pin block of some kind?
There is no firing pin block.Only a grip safety. The manual safety also only blocks the sear.No half cock position either.

jai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jai » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Mauser HSC is a great pistol . Very accurate and safe to carry loaded . I had owned one.
However it will not accept IOF ammunition . Firing with it result in jamming / stove pin effect.
Another important point is its main spring . They are prone to break / metal fatigue as the models availble in Indian market date back to late thirties.
Jai.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 pm

There is something that always boggles me when I get the thought of buying a used firearm. . What happens if we buy an imported pistol/ revolver and the coil spring or magazine spring goes wrong. They would at least be 27 years old. Over the years accuracy would be affected as well. I would just buy a brand new out of the factory iof pistol and spend 20k on the modifications. I believe the wait time has come down now....

inplainsight wrote:Hello,

I'm in the market for a .32 ACP pistol and got the following quotes,

a. Mauser HSc, pristine condition, 7.5 lacs (Comes with additional mag)
b. CZ 27, 6 lacs (comes with additional mag)
c. CZ 83, new in box, 27 lacs (comes with two additional mag)
d. IOF .32 ACP, new 1.6 lacs (no extra mags)

Is this a good price for an HSc? What can I expect to pay for a PP?

Thanks,
inplainsight
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Lall
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lall » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Need to know the price of .25 MAB A PISTOL IN INDIA
Please help me
Lall